View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Jumps Discussion 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Jumps Discussion
PeterS94 wrote:
This'll probably get a load of stick because everyone seems to love Gary Moore but its not bad luck with Arr Mad's injury, he shouldn't have been contesting a silly little race like that after the season's he had. Even if he had jumped more left that he did he still would have went to cheltenham. Just seems a stupid move to run him

Completely agree, I wasn't shocked when I read the article this morning. I was really shocked when I saw he was running at Plumpton on a Monday afternoon!

I can understand wanting to school the horse, but with less than a month before the Arkle, and as you said he's been pretty busy anyway. It could be the reason he wasn't jumping right in the first place, something might have been hurting him which caused him to do it. It eventually gave yesterday. Curious two of his have the same injury too.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:25 pm
Group 2 winner

SuperCat wrote:
PeterS94 wrote:
This'll probably get a load of stick because everyone seems to love Gary Moore but its not bad luck with Arr Mad's injury, he shouldn't have been contesting a silly little race like that after the season's he had. Even if he had jumped more left that he did he still would have went to cheltenham. Just seems a stupid move to run him

Completely agree, I wasn't shocked when I read the article this morning. I was really shocked when I saw he was running at Plumpton on a Monday afternoon!

I can understand wanting to school the horse, but with less than a month before the Arkle, and as you said he's been pretty busy anyway. It could be the reason he wasn't jumping right in the first place, something might have been hurting him which caused him to do it. It eventually gave yesterday. Curious two of his have the same injury too.

Trainers get slammed for not running horses enough and get abuse if they run them too much, they cant win. I completely understand him wanting to run the horse again, especially as he found an 'easy' race and wanting another left-handed course for experience.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 am
Group 1 winner

Faugheen out of Cheltenham its devastating

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

yeah but the prognosis is good they will get him back but kinda spoiled the race,annie power might be supplemented,and what about all them anti post bets on faugheen,doubles trebles and the like,yeah its sad.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:03 pm
Group 1 winner

All hem bets are dead

Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I think Henderson should supplement one of his novices now.

It good for the race because instead of 8 going to post we might get 16 or so runners now.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:41 pm
Group 2 winner

It has certainly made it wide open now and I bet there are a few trainers ruing not having their horses entered. More proof that you should never be afraid of just one horse..
I understand what you are saying Ghost that it makes it much more competetive but I would rather see all the best horses there, although it looks like Annie is going to run in the race that she should of run in and in my opinion won 2 years ago.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
It has certainly made it wide open now and I bet there are a few trainers ruing not having their horses entered. More proof that you should never be afraid of just one horse..
I understand what you are saying Ghost that it makes it much more competetive but I would rather see all the best horses there, although it looks like Annie is going to run in the race that she should of run in and in my opinion won 2 years ago.

I couldn't back her, she's only beaten the boys once over two miles and that was 3 years ago.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Pommard wrote:

I couldn't back her, she's only beaten the boys once over two miles and that was 3 years ago.

You are probably right and she missed the boat 2 years ago but it doesn't look a strong field and I couldn't have Arctic Fire, I think it was heavily flattered last year.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
Pommard wrote:

You are probably right and she missed the boat 2 years ago but it doesn't look a strong field and I couldn't have Arctic Fire, I think it was heavily flattered last year.

If she's at her best and win's then she can be classed as a good champion hurdle winner but if the rest wins then I think it will be the worst winner since I've been watching racing in the 80's.

I think Min- Altior- Yanworth- Buveur D'air- Agrapat should go for it. How many chances will they get to win a champion hurdle. Conygree proved it last year u should never be afraid to aim for the moon.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 pm
Group 2 winner

I wonder what price Douvan would be if they re-routed him?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:08 pm
Group 2 winner

Let's be honest without Faugheen this is a slightly below par class of champion hurdle horses. Annie Power is more than good enough to win this champion hurdle if she is entered.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 pm
Handicapper

And now Arctic Fire is out of the Champion Hurdle!
Incredible bad luck over the last few weeks. At least all the horses ruled out of the festival will return for another day.

As someone who likes a big priced runner, I feel that Sempre Medici could run into a place. Needs to improve a lot on ratings, but was an unlucky 6th in the County Hurdle last season , 2nd in the Greatwood (good course and distance form) and his last two runs have been impressive.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Think the owners of Cue Card have been a little greedy sending him to Ireland
these staying races take alot out of the horses and to go to 3 festivals is bordering on
greed just my opinion not all will agree

3 races in 5 weeks

Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Why did you tip him then.

But I know what you mean he did look flat , but with good old hind sight it is easy to see these things. But the trainer must of thought he was fresh enough .

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next