View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Is Mullins a sore loser ? 
Handicapper

Post Is Mullins a sore loser ?
After reading the article on the racing post app about the withdrawal of vroum vroum mag I have to agree with the stewards on this one. I have lost a lot of respect for Mullins , he's acted like a spoilt child that takes his ball away when he can't win. I know horse racing is also a business but if he wanted bigger price money why not just send the horse to puchestown in the first place

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:37 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Is Mullins a sore loser ?
He could not win and Thistlecrack is out of the World Series Hurdle next week and is very winable for VVM
yes if he was still active in the title race he would have ran her. I can understand his decision but it did not
look good and was not fair on the people who were looking forward to seeing her.

There is no way he is a bad looser he is a gentleman he is thinking of the bigger picture and was very gracious
in defeat.

Well done to Paul Nicholls he did it without really having a superstar.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I lose respect for both trainers. I hate it when these trainers just throw jump horses at races just for their own ego's. I think they run horses that should not or would not be running, if I was a owner and one of these trainers got my horse injured over the last 2 weeks I would be pissed.

So in my book the pair are losers and there wasn't any winners. :cry:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:21 am
Group 2 winner

As im sure a few of you know I own shares in horses with Paul Nicholls, one of which, Nexius could have run in a decent handicap this weekend. However Paul said the trainers title isn't the 'be all and end all', he will always put his horses welfare first and play in the interest of his owners. Anyway there are better options coming up for him.

Perhaps many owners were happy to have a runner on a big Saturday meeting but my impression is Paul did not push anyone into anything. Just giving my opinion from my version of events.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:26 am
Group 1 winner

Was there yesterday when it happened, watching him in the pre parade ring as he was pulled. Disappointing for race goers, though understandable given where he can send the horse next, and having punted on Ptit zig, I was not too disappointed, was not the only horse he pulled when the title was out of his reach.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]