View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.330
trebird wrote:
Mj can you please make Indiana grand for your schedule

Rename the maps file from Indiana Downs to Indiana Grand and the folder from 2_Indiana Downs to 2_Indiana Grand. Sorry bout that. Thought I added the course to the download.

CORRECTION:
Indiana Grand was in the download and should appear in game if you are using all of the data files that were attached in the download.

Last edited by mjtags11 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

OK I'll check the next time I play the last time I played was the day the new schedule came out just to look at it. And I didn't notice the Indiana oaks or derby so I thought I would let you know thanks for the reply

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 pm
Selling plater

MJ - Great job on your new Santa Anita!

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Hey MJ

I'm making my schedules based on the 2015 stakes races. I made a main schedule and a bunch of local circuits using notepad. I loaded my schedule into the editor to start prepping the races and noticed the game left out a bunch of races in my schedule. I'm now in the process of fixing this.

Did you have this happen to you? If by chance you didn't use the editor you may want look at your schedule in the editor to see if there are races left out.

Yet another annoying bug :roll:

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I have opened my schedule in the editor and saw it say that there are races missing... But the races were still in the schedule. I created and prepped my schedule in notepad to avoid the bugs that are in the editor.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I made my schedule with notepad also. Checked the schedule briefly in game and the races missing in editor schedule were also missing in game.

Just giving a heads up just in case the schedule you put out might be missing races. I haven't downloaded your schedule.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:26 am
Group 1 winner

atigger,
Making the 2016 schedule is a lot of predicting work and research. I had to track down what changes are going to be made for the next year and then for tracks that didn't release their schedule, make predictive adjustments. California was very difficult as I don't know what races Los Alamitos will host in the Spring since they won't be having a Summer meet (dates now hosted by Santa Anita). So I had to split up the Santa Anita meet and move dates back and move around races to get a schedule that fits the dates they will be racing. Oh and then adjust the dates to match the day of the week in 2016. It is a lot of work and will be a work in progress. I'll be updating the schedule over the year as tracks release their schedule. Of course, I was making it thinking there was a race cap... but I was like "whatevs" and added every race I could. Apparently there isn't a cap, as long as you only use Notepad (or a program like Notepad) to write the schedule.
I think your preps are good... but will require testing with the full schedule to see if they work. The problem with prepping is that horses will be overraced. This is only really affecting 3yos (having them race 20+ times in a year) while older horses are more than usual sometimes but usually between 8-14, which isn't too bad. It is a bug with the game that doesn't give horses sufficient time off. Do remember to prep state-bred races at Aqueduct to state-bred races at Belmont and Saratoga (I know the game doesn't consider state-bred at all, but for realism sake...) and maybe prep the winter Gulfstream Park meet with Belmont, as many horses that winter at GP will go to Belmont in the Spring. Just a suggestion. And check out where some of the winners of these races went next. Always good to see how trainers use races as preps.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I like the easy route. I update my schedule at the end of every year using the one stop shopping method of the Daily Racing Form's stakes results feature. You can get all the feature race results for the year at all tracks (some funky bush league tracks I've never heard of all the way up to the major tracks) - listed in order of purse money and grade. You can set the date parameters to what you want. Very easy. I don't like searching and guessing what races will be run in the future.

For preps I try to follow the local prep routes for races. If there is a huge gap between suitable races on that particular local circuit I have no qualms prepping a west coast race with a east coast race. This is a game. I am halfway done with my preps. The older horse races are a pain.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I actually do use excel in order to input all of my schedule data. I list all of the information that would be in the showcase and schedule files and then it's an easy transition from the excel file to Notepad by just rearranging columns on a separate sheet, copy and paste, and then just a bit of find and replace and a schedule is born!
Excel let's me easily prep races as I can see races at specific tracks/circuits as well as by distance and by age/gender restrictions to make preps realistic. It's a lot easier than the old system I used of entering all the data into Notepad... Never again.
Excel is basically my program of choice for everything (I mean I am excel certified so I'd hope it be haha). I mainly use excel for creation of my harness speed figures that I'm working on. Although I do need to have my friend write a program to auto fetch all my information cause manual input takes way too long. One day.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just wanted to comment on here about something amazing that happened tonight:
Tonight was the Champion of Champions, billed as a match raced disguised as a ten horse field between Heza Dasha Fire and Moonist. It is rare in horse racing for a race to live up to expectations, but it did just that... and Heza Dasha Fire absolutely demolished the field. In a final clocking for 440 yds of 21.20 (a stunning time seeing how slow the Los Al track has been this year), he showed how good he actually is. Now 11 for 12, Heza Dasha Fire is a world-class champion. And he is a gelding. The record for the most Champion of Champions is held by Refrigerator with 3 wins. Could Heza Dasha Fire equal that?

While, my favorite Champion of Champions will always be the 2010 edition, won by my favorite QH Apollitical Jess, this is one of the best in the history of the race. If you haven't gotten a chance to watch it, or for that matter many of the great Champion of Champions races, find them and watch them. As exciting as 2 minutes of thoroughbred action can be, the most exciting 20 seconds is in quarter horse racing and this is one of the most exciting races year in and year out in the sport.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

January Update of the 2016 US Schedule:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7xicmrdvck94c4/2016_US_Schedule_-_January_Update.zip

Changes:
-Addition of the recently announced Astoria and Tremont maiden trials
-Churchill Downs Spring Meet Official
-Golden Gate Fields Winter/Spring Official
-A Few Miscellaneous unofficial NYRA Changes as reported by David Grening

Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey MJ fantastic schedule. I noticed that I don't have the Grey race from Woodbine for the 2 yo's. in my schedule. Is that something that is missing or was it included in the download?

Thanks.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:10 am
Group 1 winner

mkvitz, the Grey is in the schedule on October 3rd.

----------------------------------------------
Also, for anyone who wants Stronach's idea of a $12 million race, here is the information if you want it in your schedule:

10,G1,4UP
12000000,F12
Gulfstream Park:cc_dirt1
Pegasus World Championship
January

Gulfstream Park

OR

10,G1,4UP
12000000,F12
Santa Anita:cc_dirt1
January

Santa Anita

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

When I tried to install this mod the first time it glitched my game and I had to reinstall it. But then I tried again this morning and it's working!

And I must say this is a wonderful mod. I'm loving the courses an the schedule!

Thank you

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:22 pm
Handicapper

Hey MJ one thing i noticed is even after 1 race the 2 year olds are rated extremely high. I have a handful rated above 125 after just one race. It's only the 2 yr olds as all the other ages seem ok. Is this something that you have noticed or is it maybe a fluke thing with my game?

Thanks

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 102  Next