View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Dubai World Cup Switch 

Dubai Change
Poll ended at Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 am
Yes 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Dubai World Cup Switch 
Group 1 winner

Post Dubai World Cup Switch
Hi guys we are thinking of switching the Dubai World cup Meeting into week 1 with the Maidens allowing spaces in week two to Start the Australian Autumn Carnival which will run over the next couple of weeks and introduce some lower Handicap Races I am in favour of the switch as we need to try and cater for all. The only Problem I can see if the field sizes for these races get to big but I am willing to give a go I like to see what other trainers think.

Gray

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Dubai World Cup Switch
Personally I think this will make a huge positive difference. The established trainers who know their horses are genuine G1 horses will aim them at the G1s rather than the maidens which will reduce the maiden field sizes and thus lead to a more balanced initial handicap rating for all as the maiden results will be more realistic.

What we need to do is write an extensive New Trainer Guide where we explain how different the league is to solo play encouraging new trainers to avoid the top races in the early weeks until they have seen how they fare. This post should then, if possible be pinned to the main board index called something like ' A Guide to the Online League' so new people see it as soon as they join the group. I am happy to write this is you want me to.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes, I'd like to see this happen as well and at the very least tried for one season to see if and how it works.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Always thought Dubai should be week 1

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Sweet method to avoid the big boys and swoop in for maiden wins :)

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Can't do no harm :)

Although I don't see it making much difference in regards of trying to cater for all, other than maybe, the fields being slightly smaller in the maidens.

The top boys will still have their horses running in a lot of the maidens, especially as we have increased to a stable size of 25 (unless there is 25 groups races, which wouldn't surprise me :lol: :lol: :lol:)

There should be handicaps in week 1, entice returning horses ???

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Can't do no harm :)

Although I don't see it making much difference in regards of trying to cater for all, other than maybe, the fields being slightly smaller in the maidens.

The top boys will still have their horses running in a lot of the maidens, especially as we have increased to a stable size of 25 (unless there is 25 groups races, which wouldn't surprise me :lol: :lol: :lol:)

There should be handicaps in week 1, entice returning horses ???

We will be adding low grade handicaps in week2 Stu at the moment the lowest is 0-90 if Dubai is in week 1 that's 8 races in week 2 spare I believe at least 5 will be taken by the Autumn Carnival so at least 3 races will be 0-70 at Max then I can Adjust them if we get Small fields hopefully with the increase in size of stables we will get bigger maiden races which means the handicapper can Handicap big fields so we get low rated horses after week 1.

I doubt enough low rated horses would return to have low handicaps in Week 1 Stu also the plan although I have not mention in a thread here That Max field of 24 at Dubai might have to be enforced and the only way I can see to do this is to Stop any Newbies entering horses at Dubai and the Top 24 Flat Trainers from last season will get priority over the rest or we might end up with 40 runners.

Gray

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
We will be adding low grade handicaps in week2 Stu at the moment the lowest is 0-90 if Dubai is in week 1 that's 8 races in week 2 spare I believe at least 5 will be taken by the Autumn Carnival so at least 3 races will be 0-70 at Max then I can Adjust them if we get Small fields hopefully with the increase in size of stables we will get bigger maiden races which means the handicapper can Handicap big fields so we get low rated horses after week 1.

I doubt enough low rated horses would return to have low handicaps in Week 1 Stu also the plan although I have not mention in a thread here That Max field of 24 at Dubai might have to be enforced and the only way I can see to do this is to Stop any Newbies entering horses at Dubai and the Top 24 Flat Trainers from last season will get priority over the rest or we might end up with 40 runners.

Gray

Ok fair point, to avoid the issue at Dubai, can we not penalise horses who enter group races better ?

If made widely known that a Group race is not going to do anything but hurt your handicap rating, this would keep rif-raf :) out.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

Gray

Ok fair point, to avoid the issue at Dubai, can we not penalise horses who enter group races better ?

If made widely known that a Group race is not going to do anything but hurt your handicap rating, this would keep rif-raf :) out.

I have had some phone Calls with Martin about the issue of Newbies and how to keep them in the league he will be writing a newbie Guide to the League explaining all sorts of things which includes Planning for the league and to avoid running horses in Group races at the start and to keep to Maidens to see where the Stable horses fair that should give them a guide what to expect or how good the horses are.

This will also include a guide to the NH as last season some trainers uploaded 3yo Novices the NH League has no 3yo Races also Some trainers need to have the Chasers Uploaded at 5yo some trainers uploaded 4yo chasers come Cheltenham no 4yo novice Chases.

Gray

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Anadin wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

Gray

I have had some phone Calls with Martin about the issue of Newbies and how to keep them in the league he will be writing a newbie Guide to the League explaining all sorts of things which includes Planning for the league and to avoid running horses in Group races at the start and to keep to Maidens to see where the Stable horses fair that should give them a guide what to expect or how good the horses are.

This will also include a guide to the NH as last season some trainers uploaded 3yo Novices the NH League has no 3yo Races also Some trainers need to have the Chasers Uploaded at 5yo some trainers uploaded 4yo chasers come Cheltenham no 4yo novice Chases.

Gray

Sounds like a plan :wink:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:33 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm sorry but i'm not a fan of any of these changes , I'm against the 25 runner rule because it just means the best trainers can mop up more of the better races . People keep saying having Dubai in the first week will improve the league, I cant see it plus they say the better trainers horses will aim for it but when u have 25 horses in u barn then u need to run them somewhere and most of these courses cant handle 20 runners never mind 24+ races. People run 30 runner races around these courses in CK and see what happens .It becomes a right mess.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm sorry but i'm not a fan of any of these changes , I'm against the 25 runner rule because it just means the best trainers can mop up more of the better races . People keep saying having Dubai in the first week will improve the league, I cant see it plus they say the better trainers horses will aim for it but when u have 25 horses in u barn then u need to run them somewhere and most of these courses cant handle 20 runners never mind 24+ races. People run 30 runner races around these courses in CK and see what happens .It becomes a right mess.

25 horse teams is a worry for me too means the more powerful yards will have a serious boost in ammo
it was hard enough getting regular runs into 20 horses last year especially with running g1 winners at
lower levels causing grievances and agitation my team had 184 starts last season thats an average of around
14 of your team a week getting a run next season that will be 14 out of a squad of 25 basicly
9 of your team each week have no run.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Same here. This is my concern as well with a 25 limit flat stable.
I am in favour of Dubai the first week.
Myself and Martin have been chatting with Gray about running all the maidens in the first week at the big roomy tracks like Newmarket and tracks with a mile straight.
The thinking is that more horses will have a truer run and not being hampered drawing barriers out in the boon docks and then running 10 wide for the duration of the race.
Hopefully it will help with handicapping as well and help avoid a situation where a low rated horse gets a great draw in a big field - has a perfect unhindered run and runs 5th (for example) gets walloped with a high rating but in reality is a 0-80 horse and it's season is over because it has to run in Listed or 0-110. All because 20 horses couldn't get on the track or were caught in a traffic jam.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:25 am
Group 2 winner

I think Gray's thinking behind the increase to 25 horses is because he plans to add more flat races and doesn't want the fields to be too small. TOM can handle 38 races per week and with the new lower handicaps I think the plan is to try and get close to that amount most weeks.

For runner limits I strongly advise using the actual limits set in the game and not making them up. The figures are all there in the decs page and it would be easy enough to jot them down. For example the straight course at Newmarket can handle 30 whilst the Derby can have 20. I think Ascot is about 24 on the straight course maybe more. Chester and the all weather tracks are obviously much lower.

The early season maidens should wherever possible be run on the large courses with straight tracks that can handle big fields like Newmarket, Doncaster, Ascot etc

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Going off topic but would advise everyone to breed to gamebreds in USA game
for some reason USA game has almost full potential bar 2YO which become full at 3
im sure someone mentioned they saw full bar 2yo in american game i did not
really believe it but look

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next