View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 National Hunt Chat 
Group 2 winner

Post National Hunt Chat
Hi all, i know it's early but really liked the way Elegent Escape when today. Jumped well and travelled much better now over fences. I think he's made for the 4 miler at Cheltenham.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:13 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: National Hunt Chat
Finally got round to watch Finian Oscar's debut over fences and wasn't overly impressed by his jumping. It didn't really progress through the race. Listening to Colin Tizzard i think he'd be a mad move going to Cheltenham this early. He'd be better off finding another little race.

On another note really looking forward to Cause Toujours hurdling debut tomorrow. He'd he'll up there with the best 2 mile novice hurdling towards the big festivals baring he stays fit.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 pm
Selling plater

I am more looking forwrd to Samcro tomoz, He's a real machine and a future star

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm
Group 1 winner

already heard alot about this fella

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Samcro did as i expected him to, Mark my words this is a festival winner come march

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm
Group 2 winner

Dont quite get Nigel Twiston Davies early season races with his superstars. Ballyoptic ran in a handicap over 3m 3f giving loads of weight away. Wholestone ran in a handicap over a trip far to short. Now bristal de mai running in a handicap at Stratford giving plenty of weight away. He ran in the gold cup for gods sake. Abit of a difference running at stratford

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Really enjoyed today's racing at Cheltenham. Thought there was some eye catching performances. Loved Thomas Campbell, although he didn't jump well he stayed every yard of the 3 miles. Which i thought he needed last year but Nicky was being patient. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him again till the festival. Liked Singlefarmpayment's run in the 1st, jumped nicely but thought he slightly blew up a little after the 2nd last. There's definitely a race in him.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 pm
Group 2 winner

Loved the performance of Foxtail Hill at Cheltenham yesterday, as tough as they come! Took the rest of the field out of their comfort zone with a very strongly run 2 miles and jumped for fun from the front. Did the same on festival trials day in January when I was there, though that was over slightly further. I only wish id have backed him again but didn't have a bet on the race yesterday :lol:

Agree with Peter above that Singlefarmpayment was a big eye catcher. He got very tired up the hill but travelled well before that. Cant believe he was only raised 4lbs after the festival, he shouldn't go up much for yesterday and I believe the Hennessy (Ladbroke) is the plan, I think he will take some stopping with this run putting him spot on, still some 16/1 available.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 am
Group 2 winner

I like him for labrooke also. Although if the ground is soft enough i love American. Backed him all last season and if he stays fit think hes got a brilliant chance in the lexus. King george would be no good must go the other way.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:42 pm
Handicapper

I'm convinced that American has a Gold Cup win in him, as long as the ground comes up soft. He's only had seven runs in his career so is still really unexposed, only three over fences, but if he gets his conditions he's a top class chaser. Whether the Gold Cup will be this year or next or the one after that, I'm not sure, but he's got the talent to land one.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:37 pm
Group 2 winner

I completely agree but getting soft ground in March is unusual, that's why the Lexus seems a good target..

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:16 pm
Group 2 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
I completely agree but getting soft ground in March is unusual, that's why the Lexus seems a good target..

I agree, Harry Fry said last season he is a very fragile horse and will only run on soft ground. We are unlikely to see him at the spring festivals unless we get a wet spring.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 am
Handicapper

What about Red River at Wincanton yesterday? Seriously impressive in a race that had plenty of strength in dept with the Nicholls horse that came 2nd being a nice type. He made them all look like there were standing still and he makes a lovely shape over the hurdles. I will definitely be follow this lad not just for this season but his WHOLE career. Could be the type to go right to the top over fences in a fews seasons time

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:53 pm
Handicapper

The 2018 Mares Novice Hurdle winner at the Cheltenham festival runs in the 1.15 at Down royal today 8)

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:09 pm
Handicapper

Thankfully she got up OK. :) Still think that race at Cheltenham has her name on it

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next