View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cheltenham 2018 
Selling plater

Post Cheltenham 2018
So folks 9 weeks away to the greatest racing festival of the year, Classy beasts in every race and only Champions will succeed!!!

Who are the horses most likely to take the crown in their race?????

For me Samcro or Sons Of Anarchy if you wish is the best bet of the meeting, I highighted this horse at the start of the year before chins were wagging and my opinion has not changed one bit, He is just a total machine and the Ballymore Hurdle should already have his named engraved, He has a lot more speed than most horses and that allows him to cruise away from others when they are flat out, He is a fine jumper and i cannot see past him!

Second up is Footpad who i again suggest the engraver gets a wiggle on a gets his name on the Arkle Trophy, Not since Douvan have i seen such a natural chaser, He snaps his front legs up so quickly at a fence and spends very little time in the air which only allows him to make lengths at an obstacle, You don't need to do that too many times to get other horses in trouble and for me he isn't beatable at Prestbury Park!

Thirdly is Apples Shakira, I have a theory that Nicky Henderson has plotted this up with the degree of genius reserved for Particle Physics boffins, Only choosing to run her at Cheltenham and looking likely to go back their for her festival prep run all adds up to only one thing, Match practice to she is super sharp for the Triumph, He also will not be running We Have A Dream as the owner see's no point in finishing second the Apple's Shakira which are the Owners words (Simon Munir) not mine, Said after the Doncaster grade 2 hurdle, Furthermore Mcmanus has won the Triumph for the past 2 seasons and Barry Geraghty has won it 4 times since 2009, She for me will make up for what her sister did not manage with a Triumph Hurdle Victory

Fourth horse on the list comes with a funny name, Didtheyleaveuoutto, I backed him at Ascot at 10/1 when he won a listed Bumper having totally brutalised a Lingfield bumper, It was pure savagery and you only have to go to the Attheraces site to see it for yourself, He then travelled like the best horse in the race at Ascot and simply strode away from them when asked, I cannot think of a better bumper horse this season and he is deffo turning up, 8/1 is his price at this time and i shall not be turning that down

Fifth is Apples Jade, Sister to Apples Shakira and i would love the sisters to be Festival winners in the same year and it looks very likely, No Limini or Vroom Vroom Mag this year so the only challenge will come from Let's Dance and i am not sure she is at Jade's level, No disrespect to Let's Dance but this should be all over bar a fall or strange event!!!!!

Sixth will probably get the Buvair D'air supporters howling at the moon but for me Faugheen at top level will murder anything put in front of him, NRNB until the festival, I honestly believe what happened at Leopardstown was down to what was happening to some of Willies horses, Some of them that week for whatever reason just didn't turn up, Djackadam and Yorkhill looked hopeless and they pretty talented horses, I think you will see the real Faugheen at Cheltenham, Afterall if wouldn,t be the first time Mullins has manage to get a horse back from a run like that

Seventh up and last is Douvan who will send the Buvair D'air supporters trying to attack tree's after Howling at the moon, For whatever reason people seem to be slagging this horse off left right and center, For me he still is the best horse around, He had an injury in the Champion Chase last year and did a remarkable job to even jump around let alone finish with a stress fracture of the pelvis which for the less knowledgable isn't far away from a broken pelvis so Douvan was extra lucky that day, If he is 100% on Champion Chase day then he wins as simple as that, NRNB for a horse who will only run if he is 100%

Those will be my bets For The Festival but what are yours????

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:40 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Cheltenham 2018
The only way Faugheen is murdering Buveaur D'air is if he grows hands and someone gives him a shotgun. There is absolutely no way that horse will be at his best come Cheltenham. No horse, however talented, can spend two years off the track and come back to their best.

I would be looking at the longer-prices, because if something happened to Buveaur D'air that's where the value would be. John Constable is interesting to me. He ran a great race last time out at Cheltenham, on ground possibly a bit too soft for him. On better ground and with a faster pace in front of him he could prove to be better than that. 50s seems over-priced.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
The only way Faugheen is murdering Buveaur D'air is if he grows hands and someone gives him a shotgun. There is absolutely no way that horse will be at his best come Cheltenham. No horse, however talented, can spend two years off the track and come back to their best.

I would be looking at the longer-prices, because if something happened to Buveaur D'air that's where the value would be. John Constable is interesting to me. He ran a great race last time out at Cheltenham, on ground possibly a bit too soft for him. On better ground and with a faster pace in front of him he could prove to be better than that. 50s seems over-priced.

His comeback performance was scintillating and back to his best the horse clearly bounced and agree hardly an ideal
prep for cheltenham but you'd be foolish to write him off he never went a yard at Leopardstown at his best he would spit
out Buveaur D'air who is a decent horse but its an awful bunch of 2 mile hurdlers shockingly bad poxy even its clear to me that the poor
bunch he has run against have made him look like the second coming he is far from it TBH i cant remember a worse time in history
of 2 mile hurdlers Hardy Eustace Harchibald Macs Joy Brave Inca ah now those were the days. If faugheen does not turn up it
will be the worst renewal of a Championship race at the festival ever and no doubts Buveaur D'air will be a stupid price because he
is by far the best of a truly awful bunch be like running Frankel in a 0 to 60 mile handicap off level weights

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Degaussed wrote:

His comeback performance was scintillating and back to his best the horse clearly bounced and agree hardly an ideal
prep for cheltenham but you'd be foolish to write him off he never went a yard at Leopardstown at his best he would spit
out Buveaur D'air who is a decent horse but its an awful bunch of 2 mile hurdlers shockingly bad poxy even its clear to me that the poor
bunch he has run against have made him look like the second coming he is far from it TBH i cant remember a worse time in history
of 2 mile hurdlers Hardy Eustace Harchibald Macs Joy Brave Inca ah now those were the days. If faugheen does not turn up it
will be the worst renewal of a Championship race at the festival ever and no doubts Buveaur D'air will be a stupid price because he
is by far the best of a truly awful bunch be like running Frankel in a 0 to 60 mile handicap off level weights

If that was Faugheen at his best, he's not got a hope of getting close to Henderson's star. That said, I don't think he'll even make it to Cheltenham.

Buveaur D'air is unfortunate to be running in a time when they're aren't any great 2 milers, because he is absolutely brilliant but doesn't have any great horses to beat. He's the slickest jumper of a hurdle you'll ever see and he's got a massive engine, and he's probably improved from last season as he's only just turned seven.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 pm
Selling plater

Don't think he'll make Cheltenham????, Mullins has just recently said he has been very impressed with Faugheen in the last couple of days and he looks like his old self!!, If that is indeed true then Buvair D'air is just playing for second place!

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Group 2 winner

I think some people are being very disrespectful to Buveaur D'air and guilty of over hyping Faugheen.
The 2 stalwart consistent horses of recent years have been "The New One" and "My Tent Or Yours".
If we look at the last few Champion Hurdles:

The New One was beaten 8 3/4l by Faugheen in 2015
The New One was beaten 8 3/4l by Annie Power in 2016
The New One was beaten 10 1/2l by Buveaur D'air in 2017

My Tent Or Yours was beaten nk by Jezki in 2014 who was beaten 8 1/4/ by Faugheen in 2015
My Tent Or Yours was beaten 4 1/2l by Annie Power in 2016
My Tent Or Yours was beaten 4 1/2l by Buveaur D'air in 2017

The above would indicate there is nothing between the last 3 winners and all won with something in hand. I would go with the younger horse who may still be improving and not the older horse coming back from an injury.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

both those horses were in their prime when Faugheen beat them though not 11YO's

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

They were both rated 167 at the time of their first champion hurdles and are currently rated 162 & 163 so they have hardly fallen off a cliff. I actually believe Annie Power would of had the beating of Faugheen as long as she was allowed to run her own race and didn't have tactics dictated by connections. Faugheen was granted a soft lead in his Champion (brilliant ride by Ruby) and is nigh on unbeatable when allowed that.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm
Group 2 winner

Sorry Legendary but if you believe anything that comes out of Willie Mullins mouth your silly. The man lies out of his back teeth, Ruby does the same. The only one i believe out the lot of them is Patrick. As for this term its the worse 2m division in history, i hate it. Its a load of bull, every point Pommard makes is perfect. Yes My Tent Or Yours is an 11yo but is he any worse now than back when Faugheen was first about. No is the answer. 1 - he settles much better now and 2 - he hasn't showed any signs of decline. To many people now have disrespected Buveur D'Air and i couldn't back Faugheen with your money. I absolutely love Apples Shakira, i don't think anything will get near her, baring the other Nicky Henderson horse, no other juvenile has stood out to me.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Handicapper

legendary wrote:
Don't think he'll make Cheltenham????, Mullins has just recently said he has been very impressed with Faugheen in the last couple of days and he looks like his old self!!, If that is indeed true then Buvair D'air is just playing for second place!

How many times have we heard that about Faugheen, or Douvan, or Annie Power?

Willie Mullins - whether you think he's too honest for his own good or is a bare-faced liar - can only be trusted once the final decs are in.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 pm
Handicapper

Maria's Benefit for the Mares Novice is a good bet imo. She was fantastic last time out at Taunton, a solid 150+ performance, which would make her as good as, if not better than, the last two winners of that race.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm
Selling plater

All things considered i will be on Faugheen because if he shows up at Cheltenham then he will hammer them plain and simple, Buvair D'air is a good horse but he wont find an awful lot off the bridle once asked, He has looked amazing because he has beaten crap this year but once he meets a real horse he's going to have to fight and he's not used to doing that, I think it's a bit harsh to say Willie Mullins lies because he doesn't seem to be the type, He may say things that are true at the time but change in a couple of days or weeks but we are dealing with Animals not machines (except Faugheen of course) and things can rapidly change with them, Last year was as poor a Champion hurdle as you will find in recent history, It was dreadful, When Yanworth goes off fave your know the race can't be great

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Sorry Legendary but your just making things up. Total fiction. What evidence do you have that Buveur D'Air doesn't find anything off the bridle. Nothing, that's because he's proved he does. As for buveur D'air beating nothing this season. What has Faugheen beat? He's beat an 11yo Jezki, Swamp Fox a handicapper and Campedour a handicap winner. So you logic there is poor. Then he runs an absolute stinker. As for the term poor champion hurdle, i've already expressed my views on that term in the past so.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Faugheen a hype horse oh stop that is the best one i have heard in a very long time

Roll of Honour
Dorans Pride Novice Hurdle (2013)
Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle (2014)
Herald Champion Novice Hurdle (2014)
Ascot Hurdle (2014)
Christmas Hurdle (2014, 2015)
Champion Hurdle (2015)
Punchestown Champion Hurdle (2015)
Irish Champion Hurdle (2016)
Morgiana Hurdle (2017)

He went 4 seasons undefeated too and has only tasted defeat twice in 6 seasons

if it was not for injury you could easily double that tally if thats a hype horse il eat my pants
He is a proven horse a hype horse is a horse who is hyped up by the media but fails to live
up to the hype I really think its laughable that anyone could use that term for him I have been
watching racing for 40 years and I dont think we have seen a horse like him before a horse that
can beat his rivals by halfway by simply burning them off from the front (Doing it the hard way)
Twiston Davies even admitted when he said Faugheen would be the New One's pacemaker that
he got it badly wrong and clearly the horse is exceptional.

As for Mullins think its disrespectful to call him a bare faced liar horses are so fragile and plans change.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Peter when Buvair D'air's bubble is firmly burst in March don't say you were not warned!!!, We are not going to agree and nor shall we have too best luck to you!!!!, Rhodes i can't understand why people would ever slag off a horse who has won 13 out of 15 races and to call him overhyped it's just something you'd hear in the madhouse

People seem to be so fickle now a days, Faugheen pulled up last time and suddenly he's the worst horse to jump a hurdle, Douvan down the field due to Injury in the Champion Chase and suddenly he's total garbage and shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Altior, I sometimes don't believe my eyes or ears!!!

Last edited by legendary on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next