View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Average Distance Question. 
Selling plater

Post Average Distance Question.
Can someone help me to have my horses win at different distances?

My horses can only seem to win at the best/average distance mark. If I run the horse 200 metres more then at the 200m mark of a race, it tires. If I run the horse 200m shorter then the average/best distance then it always gets out sped early and is usually 6 lengths last out of the gate. It is annoying having to find the exact distance for some horses.

Please help.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:42 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Average Distance Question.
Howdy Spike

In simple terms the answer is better stats.

I find you can improve overall distance performance with better stats in the following..

Potential
Basically you cant ever have too much.

Speed (vertical bar not "extra speed")
Improving this means it can run at a faster normal pace without having to be frequently urged along to keep up with the higher pace of the shorter races.

Cruising Burst
Improving this means it can go hard in the last section of longer races for longer without fading.

Thats by no means all the stats that can help, but they would be the ones i think are essential for your situation.

Also there are tactics.
I found if i used "Hold up" and "Go late" on longer races i had some success.
I'm not a fan of tactics though, more often the jockey seemed to do better left alone.

More experienced trainers might have some better ideas.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Average Distance Question.
I don't always judge a horses best distance by what the game says a horses best distance is. In the first instance, I usually judge a horses best distance by the stamina bar. See Below.

If I want a horse to run under its best distance, I usually give the jockey instructions to " challenge early" and if I want a horse to run over its best distance I give a "challenge later" instruction.

I find it is easier to get a horse to run under its best distance rather than over its best distance.

Some of the green bars are also important to how a horse runs, especially the potential, cruising burst and extra speed bars.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]