View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 New Flat Competition 
Group 2 winner

Post New Flat Competition
Hi all,

As the 10 to follow failed to kick off last year I'm aiming to try and kick something abit different off this year.

Once the flat season gets into flow each saturday ill be nominating 2 races from the ITV Schedule to try and get winners.

It'll be ran as a profit style competition, ran to a £10 stake. So £10 win or £5 E.W at SP.

Ill aim to try and pick one group race and 1 handicap if possible. Big midweek festival are more than likely included if people want them.

E.G £10 Win at 3/1 wins your £40 if its a loser its -£10.

Thanks Hope you all play.

Any questions or suggestions don't be afraid to comment.

Weekly Leaderboard

Updated Table

PeterS94 = £380.93
PJRhodes1970 = £254.83
NPG319 = £207.10
Savio1978 = - 47.50
Ce_1004 = - £26.00
Pricey = £4
NastyNass - 9 Winner / 34 Losers

Hi All. 3 weeks of racing added to the table. Not much added in terms of profit.

Last edited by PeterS94 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:22 am, edited 13 times in total.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New Flat Competition
I'm in Australia so if you can post a link to both race forms each week - I'd be happy to pick out a couple of nags to mug punt with.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:12 am
Group 1 winner

as always im in

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I would have partook if it was a '10 to follow' style competition, but because I don't agree with betting I don't think I'll take part in it this year. That may sound silly, but that's the way I feel. If you took out the 'stake' aspect and it was based around how many winners you find then I would, more than likely, give it a go.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
I would have partook if it was a '10 to follow' style competition, but because I don't agree with betting I don't think I'll take part in it this year. That may sound silly, but that's the way I feel. If you took out the 'stake' aspect and it was based around how many winners you find then I would, more than likely, give it a go.

No actual betting involved he is merely working out points by sp x a set stake
I enjoy a bet now and again it means very little to me but the fact remains unfortuntly
without betting there would be no racing it would be driven underground and that would
be a terrible thing especially when it comes to the welfare of the horses so to me its a necessary
part of the sport.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I'm in. Good idea for a competition.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm in, Sadly didn't have a lot of time this winter to run the jumps competition but that should be back next season.

Looking forward to this new flat season now.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:24 am
Handicapper

Back on the forum after a while off, count me in.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:08 am
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I enjoy a bet now and again it means very little to me but the fact remains unfortuntly
without betting there would be no racing it would be driven underground and that would
be a terrible thing especially when it comes to the welfare of the horses so to me its a necessary
part of the sport.

There would still be people willing to compete their horses against one another because betting means nothing to some of us. I can't be doing with the whole 'SP' and 'Stake' part of it. I never ever look at what odds horses are. That's just me.

My curiosity has got the better of me, if betting really means little to you why bother with it: can't you just enjoy watching horses and racing without having a bet?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
part of the sport.

There would still be people willing to compete their horses against one another because betting means nothing to some of us. I can't be doing with the whole 'SP' and 'Stake' part of it. I never ever look at what odds horses are. That's just me.

My curiosity has got the better of me, if betting really means little to you why bother with it: can't you just enjoy watching horses and racing without having a bet?

I watched and covered the whole of the card from navan today without a bet
I see no harm what so ever in a bet I can take it or leave it does not add or take away
from my enjoyment of racing and its only my opinion live and let live and each to their own

If you dont want to enter just dont enter you dont have to make a song and dance over it
or try and preach your own beliefs life is too short my friend

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Betting is the lifeblood of the game. How do you think the sport is funded?
I'm like PJ in that I can watch whole cards without having a bet but the option to have a bet is absolutely vital for the popularity of the sport. If you couldn't bet, you'd just end up with a few P2P's meetings, no TV coverage at all and you can forget all about the breeding industry, that would be finished.

Last edited by savio1978 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm
Group 2 winner

Sorry everyone wasn't intending on it turning into a debate. Just wanted to change the style of the competition. The whole point of the stake aspect is that your never out of the competition, you can knock in a 20/1 winner and it puts your right back in the mix. So it'll be staying the way it is.

I'm intending on starting it this Saturday with the races getting announced Thursday.

Hope you all play..

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:28 pm
Handicapper

I'll be in mate.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
COMPETITION STARTS SATURDAY 28TH APRIL WITH RACES GETTING ANNOUNCED THURSDAY 26TH

The only decent flat action next weekend is on Friday (three group races and a decent handicap at Sandown). It's all about the last day of the jumps season on the Saturday. Not even sure if ITV will cover any of the flat, unless they put in a couple of fillers. Maybe start on Friday instead, then Saturdays from the week after?

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Handicapper

I’m looking forward to the competition, playing the game as betting instead of points I personally think it makes the competition much more challenging as anybody can pick a short price favourite where this way you looking for value

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next