View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Trainers notes 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers notes
From the few images you have posted I think you will be in graded company.

Still have a final flat trial to do, not sure I will get it done in time but we shall see. Jumps team is done.

Fri May 18, 2018 5:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Jumps Team Uploaded as promised Fort Lauderdale is back
Think I have made some improvements hard to know with the CK

Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

FLAT - I am attempting to squeeze out half a season before I upload. No noticeable improvement from last season so realistically I hope to get 3 or 4 winners. After 105 seasons straight in my flat game I bought a 3yo sprinting stallion at the auctions that pretty much has full potential and speed bars - the other bars are lacking but they are easily fixed - so if we get another season in then I would be expecting an SO6 career best season from my stable.

HUNT - This is the unknown stable. Historically my hunt team have been cast offs with a small dabble with a hunt game well over a year ago that produced a 3rd lol. Since my personal success last season on the hunt where I picked up my first ever winner (and a few others) after four seasons. Honestly if those wins didn't come along and one of them was a Grade 2 win - that was it for me and the hunt. So I revisited my hunt game - exported a few horses from my Australian flat game and closed an American game I had started with mainly exports from my Aussie game and exported them to my hunt game - I've had some surprising success - I've had approx. five horses hit 180 with relative ease and quickly and have done quite a bit of breeding. I am racing solely in steeplechase races to speed things along (as I play a stock game) and will focus solely but not exclusively on the 'chase in this up-coming league season. With the new hunt schedule I am expecting to pick up more wins - I will also return a couple of winners from last season - something I never thought I'd do - and hope they can both win again. I am also going to have a few horses aimed at the GN as well.

I may or may not trial my stables - the messages are very mixed about the ck from the forums - in fact they have never been so negative. My personal observations from the game is that after playing SO6 for at least the past four or five years that it is starting to hit it's used by date.

Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 am
Group 1 winner

Whilst trialing is frustrating I would still advocate your doing it if you have time, as it will still aid the selection process. And if you can trial on the racekit. Most of mine and I expect the other trainers issues comes at the end of the weeding out part, so the final 10-20 horses that you cannot split, and that’s as likely to be as they are all genuinely very similar. Getting there from say the starting pot of 50 horses is not so bad and can be done reasonably quickly.

My team prep is nearly finished just the 2yo’s to trial now, then team selection from the shortlist’s and lineage checks etc. Will do a customary ‘meet the team’ with training and breeding notes at the end of the week.

Wed May 23, 2018 7:15 am
Group 1 winner

Gray there's no going for the jumpers.

Wed May 23, 2018 7:37 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Gray there's no going for the jumpers.

Done Mr Morgan.

Gray

I forgot

Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Flat Team done

Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Good luck all. I have a small team this year, hopefully I can manage to upload some more in the next window. Good to have the league back, though.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 pm
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
Good luck all. I have a small team this year, hopefully I can manage to upload some more in the next window. Good to have the league back, though.

Same with me this season due to a busy home life but will add a few more horses next week. Good luck to all.

Fri May 25, 2018 12:52 am
Group 1 winner

ok just a cast off string for me and a small stable brought back last years derby winner and a miler named after martin only work was on the sprinters good luck all and remember enjoy don't whinge.

Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 pm
Group 2 winner

I had 2 flat horses who totally underperformed compared to the rest of my flat stable in week 1.

Smugglers Town finished 15th out of 18 in a 2yo 8f maiden and is now rated at 58 and could be about bottom weight in his race. I don't know if he is one of those horses not suited to the league or just had a poor race but he goes again in race 25, a 0-90 h'cap. If I could have a bet on the race he might be worth a £1 each way.

My other horse that didn't do well was Red River who ran at Dubai in the Sheema and was given a terrible ride by the jockey to finish 13th out of 14 and now has a rating of 76. He too is running in a 0-90 h'cap and if he returns to form, must be in with a chance in race 9.

Maybe I have just uploaded a pair of donkeys but if they don't perform this week, they will be in for the chop after week 5.

Jim

Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
I had 2 flat horses who totally underperformed compared to the rest of my flat stable in week 1.

Smugglers Town finished 15th out of 18 in a 2yo 8f maiden and is now rated at 58 and could be about bottom weight in his race. I don't know if he is one of those horses not suited to the league or just had a poor race but he goes again in race 25, a 0-90 h'cap. If I could have a bet on the race he might be worth a £1 each way.

My other horse that didn't do well was Red River who ran at Dubai in the Sheema and was given a terrible ride by the jockey to finish 13th out of 14 and now has a rating of 76. He too is running in a 0-90 h'cap and if he returns to form, must be in with a chance in race 9.

Maybe I have just uploaded a pair of donkeys but if they don't perform this week, they will be in for the chop after week 5.

Jim

If they don't measure up it would be interesting to see their bars.

Wed May 30, 2018 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

doug im really going off bars especially potential my 5 yo suchet who won the G2 at dubai is not a full bar horse hes short by about quarter of an inch and I think when you export they take a massive hit would be interesting to see the real bars once they hit the ck

Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 pm
Group 3 winner

The problem is that 2 or 3 horses in every race will run a shocker, it's the crappy CK. It's a reason why our trial races can be all over the shop. My horse in the same race ran a shocker and is rated 70, i'll run him in a better race non h'cap because I don't feel comfortable running in a h'cap. There is no way he's a 70 rated horse.

Wed May 30, 2018 2:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Both my flat winners this week stopped riding in the closing stages after breaking clear, luckily they had enough to press on when challenged, hope the race kit get some serious attention in so7 as it will not be long before this costs someone a race, sometimes it feels like it is just using gallop logic.

Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next