View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EVERYTHING ! Get the lot in one download 
Handicapper

Post Re: EVERYTHING ! Get the lot in one download
Hi mate. Yes, I did no work on the US, other than if you look in the showc files you'll see the triple crown and all the preps, along with the breeders cup. I literally only worked on that UK flat game mate. Eventually I'm going to have to work my UK schedule into MJ's Startit USA schedule. This download is literally just for the UK flat game currently bud.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:28 pm
Handicapper

Everythings a bit of a mess really. We have like 5 modders on here that have all done good work, but none of it merges easily. I'm quite new to this, the others have been doing it for years, but I have spoken with a few of them about how in SO7 we need to put our heads together and create that perfect download for people, where everything will be married together

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:31 pm
Handicapper

Hi Nath
thanks for your reply
Alan

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

nathd88 wrote:
Everythings a bit of a mess really. We have like 5 modders on here that have all done good work, but none of it merges easily. I'm quite new to this, the others have been doing it for years, but I have spoken with a few of them about how in SO7 we need to put our heads together and create that perfect download for people, where everything will be married together

I'm not sure the perfect download exists, as people will have different preferences when it comes to different parts of the game. I've been modding these games for years, and have probably spent weeks of my life collecting and updating data for schedules. As you've now found out yourself, it's hugely time-consuming and very frustrating at times! It's worth it when you get the balance right though, and I now consider myself a bit of an expert when it comes to prepping, race placement and the use of various features in the game to contribute to realism.

I do think there's room for lots of mods to be available, but completely agree that it's not always easy to get different mods to merge. Personally, I always use my own data and schedules, but am more than happy to use other people's created courses or graphics mods. If combined mods are being used, I really think it's just a case of being extremely thorough with testing (several hours, at least) and making sure everything is working 100% before making the combined mods available for others to use.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:51 am
Handicapper

It all just comes down to organisation. I would say I have over a thousand hours in on modding now and still haven't nearly finished what I want to do overall. We should spread the burden, and it would work extremely well if somebody (probably MJ) creates a modders thread and we can all volunteer ourselves for certain tasks that need to be completed, and stay in regular communication with eachother. All in all, if we did that, we would probably have something extraordinary to release within a week or two.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I've already started data gathering for my SO7 schedule. I have spreadsheets for each nation, and have been updating them weekly, so that everything will be completely up-to-date by the time I come to creating my new schedule. The tricky part will be getting the balance right with the overseas part of the schedule, and making sure all the prepping works properly.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:13 pm
Handicapper

There will surely have to be improvements made to the way international racing works. As things stand I just use anything from France, meydan, etc, that is a 0-100 handicap or higher and ignore the rest.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:03 pm
Group 1 winner

nathd88 wrote:
There will surely have to be improvements made to the way international racing works. As things stand I just use anything from France, meydan, etc, that is a 0-100 handicap or higher and ignore the rest.

I really only use genuine feature races (i.e. races with registered names), as I prefer horses' feature race records to only show meaningful races. 0-100 handicaps appear every day, so they're nothing special. Most of my feature race schedule is races at Listed or Group level, with some conditions races. The only handicaps I include are heritage handicaps and other notable/historic handicaps in the UK, along with graded handicaps in the US and Australia. When it comes to lesser handicaps, I'd rather just use the ones that the game generates, and I find that this makes the game far more realistic for me.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm
Selling plater

Keeps crashing the game, it usually just won't load after choosing legends. I have managed to get it to load on Flat only but i saved and went to go back and it won't load it just crashes.

Shame really it does look like a good mod!

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 pm
Handicapper

If you just replace all of your files with mine and let it roll on flat UK it'll work fine, but people can't follow instructions really :lol: Only flat UK though, I didn't do anything else other than that because I realized I was doing Marks job for him pmsl

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:39 am
Handicapper

Hi nathd88. Did the jumps element integrate okay into your game?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 pm
Handicapper

For some reason it didn't, but I know it was nothing to do with your files since I've never had any problems using your mods. To be honest I got lost with my files a bit towards the end and just couldn't be arsed looking for the fixes needed. That is the problem with taking on numerous different projects at once. I'm kind of done sadly! until the new game drops. I just hope that game is arranged in a way that helps us modders out a bit more, because so6 is crammed full of frustrations.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:34 am
Handicapper

Yeah, I hope SO7 will be friendlier to modders. I asked Mark whether he will be shaping the schedule editor so that we can convert our existing showcase files into the new format. But got no answer. I imagine he is focusing on putting it right but I noticed the dwindling enthusiasm among us all here.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2