View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Japanese Sprinting Fillies 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Japanese Sprinting Fillies
NPG319 wrote:
Gent's - let's not get too worked up about this (I know I have in the past) let's just use this as a learning curve for SO7 that we need to write up rules for acceptable behaviour for the league with regards to breeding and all other issues we can think of.

I haven't done anything with the testing for SO7 - I also think we should just focus on what Mark is trying to achieve with the objective that he has asked us to do and not read anything else from what the trial game can and can't do. We probably need to start a new thread in the correct forum just to remined Mark about the issues the league faces and if there is anyway to fix them.

Doug.

I can only apologise for this thread, it genuinely was an innocent question, an the foreign horse thing, I actually didn't know was a thing so hopefully, if it is, it can be raised

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:29 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Gent's - let's not get too worked up about this (I know I have in the past) let's just use this as a learning curve for SO7 that we need to write up rules for acceptable behaviour for the league with regards to breeding and all other issues we can think of.

I haven't done anything with the testing for SO7 - I also think we should just focus on what Mark is trying to achieve with the objective that he has asked us to do and not read anything else from what the trial game can and can't do. We probably need to start a new thread in the correct forum just to remined Mark about the issues the league faces and if there is anyway to fix them.

Doug.

I can only apologise for this thread, it genuinely was an innocent question, an the foreign horse thing, I actually didn't know was a thing so hopefully, if it is, it can be raised

All good, Vinny.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:43 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:
You're picking an choosing which alterations to the game you believe are ok an not, Editing the schedule must have been brought in by the designer? Doubt it's a mistake never been fixed that everyone can do

You tell me I dont know how to do it or manipulate it like you obviously have and if I could i would not
do it anyway knowing others could not do it I have only ever created schedules using the in game editor
as it was meant to be anyway lets leave it there its getting us no where I know my conscience is clear.

As soon as Mark made us aware of the new ttf (Transfer) system and i learned enough how to use it
i spent time writing & Filming a walk through on how to transfer horses. I Dont think there is anything
shady about that. I think what you do is shady and you even called yourself a cheat on the other thread you
have apologized several times about doing what you are doing even said multiple times you feel its wrong what
you do.

As I said earlier I know where I stand and its up to me to decide to take part in future or not. TBH might be the
perfect time to walk away when SO7 comes I already have teams for next season and would not want that to go
to waste.

This is absolute nonsense now sorry, you say lets leave it now, then continue to have digs, an digs that aren't even accurate

1. I apologized for having to use it to catch up, I don't believe it's cheating but I'd definitely prefer to not use it probably, meaning no one can use it

2. You say as soon as Mark made you aware of the TTf you learnt it . What exactly do you think happened with the schedule editor. People were made aware, an learnt how to do it, then they told others on the forum. I learnt from posts easily accessible on the forum. Your statement could just be repeated word for word, changing TTf for Schedules. If you choose not to learn it, that's your decision, but don't judge others who do leanr it, in the same way you learnt the TTF trick.

3. I called myself a cheat, this is the most laughable think on here to date, I done it in jest in a direct response to you as I knew you believed it to be cheating.

4. I haven't said I believe it's wrong at any point, I've said I wouldn't mind both TTF's an Schedule edits being taken out the game, there's a massive difference there unless you are just using it to pedal an agenda

Just because you choose not to do something doesn't mean it's cheating. You choose to use the TTF's an it's the exact same thing, it's manipulating the game so you can do things quicker. And everyone has access to both IF THEY CHOOSE

I will repeat this too, an try to not change my words this time - I would advocate for both being taken out in future, I wouldn't use the schedule in SO7, when I'll be starting from scratch with everyone else. This time I was years behind in the breeding so used it to catch up a little, not a lot. That is not me saying I believe any of them are cheating, neither is against any rules, an everyone has access to either if they want to spend 15 mins learning. So neither is cheating. If they choose not to, that's fine. If one is morally wrong, then so is the other too

absolute codswallop the ttf means that i can send horses i spend generations breeding putting days weeks months of time into
breeding and transfer them into other games - Hard work put in to breeding these horses nothing quick about it.

What you do is entirely different you make every feature race in the schedule a claimer or selling race to get any game horse you want
you say you are doing it to catch up but funny you posted a year ago that you were at this were you catching up then?

The ttf system was bought in by mark it was requested by league players at the time so they could transfer their flat horses into jumps games
(I was not taking part in the league at that time) But took spent my time to show people how to use the transfer of horses from one game to another
I have not seen any other posts on here how to do what you are doing.

The in game editor was also added by Mark at the same time as the TTF system but you make your bring and buy schedule outside of this editor. and outside
of the game.

I Actually thought you first post was just you boasting about being able to get Foreign horses I did not think it was genuine and that is what
has annoyed me its back to the good old days.

I for one am all about fairplay anything I have EVER done in the League or the game has been out in the open I have actually bent over backwards to help
People for over a decade on here now. Thats the way I am made.

its now become a like it or lump it situation and i think i will lump it next season (Last SO6) will be my last

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Paul - I think we should all wait until SO7 is released and see what it holds.

I remember reading ages ago of trainers who customise their game to make Group 1 races into claiming/selling races to get hold of desirable horses.

As I have mentioned before, when I first started playing SO6 - well before the league came along - the trainers who were experiencing the biggest game problems were the ones who customised their game. That was enough for me not to go there as I want an easy stress free gaming experience. Sometime around that period I read somewhere of trainers who turned G1's into selling races, that to me seemed too easy and took the fun out of the game - maybe I like the long game of working for the achievement than to manipulate the game for an easy reward?

Because of all this the League is flawed - I think it's best we recognise and accept this and use this knowledge for the betterment of SO7.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:24 pm
Group 2 winner

The ttf system was bought in by mark it was requested by league players at the time so they could transfer their flat horses into jumps games
(I was not taking part in the league at that time) But took spent my time to show people how to use the transfer of horses from one game to another
I have not seen any other posts on here how to do what you are doing.

I really don't understand why you take the use of schedule editor so personally that you're threatening to quit because everyone else doesn't think the same way, but I'll try again. I am trying to show there's no difference between the two here, not if ones wrong an the other right

absolute codswallop the ttf means that i can send horses i spend generations breeding putting days weeks months of time into
breeding and transfer them into other games - Hard work put in to breeding these horses nothing quick about it.

I'm puzzled here, do you think these game horses I get go straight into the league? Or do I also then have to put hard work into the breeding? Also, why gloss over the fact you use your best horses to breed way beyond the amount of years they can for people who don't use TTF's. This gives using them a much bigger advantage than using Schedules, that don't actually guarantee you group1 horses. Just because you spend generations breeding them, doesn't mean you should be allowed to breed them for 100 years instead of the usual 10? And it's the same for keeping saved games and using game horses to breed with over an over as it is in the barn. These 3 things all amount to manipulating the game to gain an advantage. However, none is against any rules I know of, so not cheating.

The in game editor was also added by Mark at the same time as the TTF system but you make your bring and buy schedule outside of this editor. and outside
of the game.

Using the TTF files to continually put horses into a game to breed with your best horses, at different stages is also outside of the of the game, and not what you say it was designed for. I'm certain almost everyone does this, to different extents, but doesn't really matter. I use the claimer schedule for a tiny portion at the start, then I actually use your schedule I think that was posted on the forums as a better one to actually play the game after. Which is when I put just as much time an effort into breeding as the next person, this is schedule isn't magic that means there's no effort. It gets me a starting point slightly faster, and jusdging by Ghosty, it doesn't get me better horses, it get's me the same horses a little tiny bit quicker, I think this is the part you seem to misunderstand, it's the same horses, not better ones.

What you do is entirely different you make every feature race in the schedule a claimer or selling race to get any game horse you want
you say you are doing it to catch up but funny you posted a year ago that you were at this were you catching up then?

This highlights my point above sorry, and may be where the misunderstand lies here, I do not get any horse I want, far from it. Look at the horses i get, they apparently aren't any better than the ones you get at normal auctions anyway, Just get them maybe slightly quicker. an certainly wouldn't be better than keeping a saved game when a horse has won 20 gp1's an continually breeding with it by reloading. I don't do that, but we know people do, I'm ok with that as it's not against any rules I know of.

I for one am all about fairplay anything I have EVER done in the League or the game has been out in the open I have actually bent over backwards to help
People for over a decade on here now. Thats the way I am made.

I don't understand you saying what you do is out in the open in this context sorry, what am I doing that's not out in the open? I started the thread by saying I do it. And I'm by no means suggesting you haven't helped people, I'm one of those people, you've helped me a lot too

its now become a like it or lump it situation and i think i will lump it next season (Last SO6) will be my last[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I'm lost here too tbh. It's you who is saying like it or lump it by saying you'll leave. No one who has spoke up for this schedule has said they'd ever be against it being taken out, I agree with an earlier comment on it being impossible to police without removing the editor completely, which surely no one wants?

I Actually thought you first post was just you boasting about being able to get Foreign horses I did not think it was genuine and that is what
has annoyed me its back to the good old days.

I can honestly say what am i meant to be bragging about, it's a genuine question, specifically about sprinting Japanese horses, as I noticed my best 2 game Filly's were Japanese. I've since been told one of them isn't that special at all too. I thought forums were about discussions. I personally don't feel there's enough people on here talking about stuff like how they get their best horses, an methods. I for one would never hide anything I do, and I know there's a few 'how to' guides for beginners, but part of the league fun for me would be more in depth chats about stuff like this post, learn how people think an go about their games. That's all I was trying to do. I think that's quite transparent is it not, albeit at this point it seems a little naive now.

I for one would be very disappointed if you did leave over something, that just seems to be you misunderstanding how these claimers work. You've helped me a lot before, an multiple others, an dedicated a lot of time to making the league a lot better. All I've tried to do in this response is explain that you may be misunderstanding what people get out of claimers, IMHO, you seem to think it gives you 'better quality' horses. I believe it gives you the same horses slightly quicker than scratching round the weekly auctions. I can honestly say I do not get very many group 1 winning horses in these claimers, they never enter them, if you want I can start a game, an take screenshots of the race cards to show this?

One final thought to sorry. You say there that you want more transparency, an I agree with that, for a lot of reasons, main one being it makes the league more fun, chatting about our stables an methods etc. But I have posted, quite transparently here that I do something that is not against the rules, and something that I know a lot don't think is wrong at all. But it seemed to me that because you disagreed with it, you have virtually called me a cheat a few times, certainly used the word, which I know I used first, so probably my fault for not taking too seriously what you thought of this method. However, those kind of responses definitely promote people to not be open about things, I will continue to be open, an I am reasonably new to this particular version of the league, so if I'm in the wrong with anything I'll hold my hands up an happily change. But I am certainly not a cheat, and literally did not play the game for years because of the cheating

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Wonder if there will be anyone left after more of these online pissing competitions. John seems to be at the end (Race Runner), now Paul (DCC), and I already know I (Race Runner) shall not be race running in the next league should there be one as I can no longer commit the time, I may also not enter a team either, or if I do it will not be a good one.

So all this might make absolutly no different at all, so I would not be too worried about who gets the last word in really.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Handicapper

Irish Blessing was a game horse in the league many moons ago, it's the only one I can think of that was group quality.
Whether you alter the schedule or restart the game over and over until you find some decent horses to start breeding with I don't think it's any different and many people use the latter (me included).
Changing a lot of races to sellers/claimers was mentioned a long time ago so it's nothing new and I don't remember any fuss about it at the time.
Watching the results of a days racing, crashing the game then betting on the winners seems to be acceptable when starting a new game. You can then use that money to breed with the best game horses in the barn.
Saving the ttf file and reloading the same horses over and over to improve your stable also seems to be fine.
As far as I'm concerned all of the above are fiddling with game one way or another, either they are all OK or they are all not OK.
At the end of the day all these things do is get you a starting point, ( apart from the ttf file ) we all know that you have to put a lot of time in if you want to be the best in the league.
I haven't put as much time in this season or last and it shows in my results, I used to finish about 5th in league but I'm way down on that now, which is fine I just aim for lower class races most of the time, I still enjoy it.
I don't post on here much but I thought I would just share my thoughts on this topic as I know some people don't want to get involved in heated discussions for fear of being targeted by people with a different view.
So if SO7 has a ttf file or not, if it reverts back to 2D and the horses only have 2 legs I'll probably still be here, you can't get rid of me that easily.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Well said david. Jesus this was started before I went away and it's still on going when i'm coming back. I'd put the ttf's in the same bracket as turning lots of showcase races into claimers, not very real but if it's in the game then it's in the game. I'd like both to go in the new game but it might not. U can pick up every computer generated horse but that will only give u a small head start and u still have to put in stupid hours to get them anywhere near competitive in the league. Will I still race run!! If my computer let's me and if I'm around, lots of good stuff going on :D :D. No way will I chase a win any more, im going to finish strong in SO6 and then take a back seat.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:17 pm
Group 2 winner

David's pretty much sums up what I was trying to say, I got caught up trying to cover all points made. And God knows what happened to my typing, most of it doesn't make sense :) I was trying to work at the same time an my laptop kept cutting an pasting my words on it's own :lol: :lol: Honest

I will be volunteering a lot more time next season so hopefully can cover a bit of what's lost. I should be able to at least race run. After years an years of not getting involved, I have only just started to get the bug again, and I believe this is run in a much more fair way to what it used to be, an mostly in the correct spirit too. It would be a shame to lose anyone now

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 pm
Group 1 winner

I Apologize for letting this drag on i let things get to me a little too much even though my
intentions were good letting this drag on was not so good we all know where we stand now
and its time to move on even if I am not involved in a SO7 League I will still run a DCC
championship and Cup and all that comes with it.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Personally Paul I would not make any decisions right now. See how you feel if another league roles around, it costs you nothing to keep a bunch of exports, and I bet like me right now you could field a competitive team twice over merely from stock.

I just know I shall not be race running as my own breeding program has me expecting a son shortly :)

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Personally Paul I would not make any decisions right now. See how you feel if another league roles around, it costs you nothing to keep a bunch of exports, and I bet like me right now you could field a competitive team twice over merely from stock.

I just know I shall not be race running as my own breeding program has me expecting a son shortly :)

:lol: I Have 2 new squads ready for the last season of SO6 and i would not want them to go to waste so will be
taking part.

SO7 and onwards doubtful.

Many congratulations on your news Josh thats fantastic

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Congratulations Josh, great news.
You can get used to watching the races now at 1am followed by 4am :).

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am
Group 1 winner

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First to win a 0 to 60 handicap in SO7

John 4/5
Josh 9/4
Paul (With A Run) 12/1

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4