View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
All good for me in the end, most NH wins ever for me, most total wins ever, one down on my best flat total but not something to worry about and won the dcc.

So mission accomplished, finally no more breeding and trialling. :)

Giving next season a miss Josh?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
drew a blank on the last day but still won a shedload of cash can I be paid out in bitcoins please gray

many thanks to all involved for a great season you know who you are and especially to gray as without him none of this would happen

congrats to john for smashing the flat and turning it into a procession

happy breeding and trialling all see you next season

steve aka jalupen

Thanks Steve, we had some great sprinting battles :D :D

I've done 90% of my breeding, I want it all done before I go away at the end of September and Martin luckily I came out of retirement on the flat because my jumpers are very average now compared to josh and paul.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
jalupen wrote:
drew a blank on the last day but still won a shedload of cash can I be paid out in bitcoins please gray

many thanks to all involved for a great season you know who you are and especially to gray as without him none of this would happen

congrats to john for smashing the flat and turning it into a procession

happy breeding and trialling all see you next season

steve aka jalupen

Thanks Steve, we had some great sprinting battles :D :D

I've done 90% of my breeding, I want it all done before I go away at the end of September and Martin luckily I came out of retirement on the flat because my jumpers are very average now compared to josh and paul.

Spent a ton of time on jumps team since the window and seem to have found improvement at most distances
spent no time on the flat team

so going by the trends of this season the NH team will stink and the Flat team will rock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've bred about 20 in each division and that's it, who ever deserves to get in will get n. I think sometimes u can mess with their breeding and they can go backwards.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Will likely enter next season but am going to stop playing the league and start playing the game again, I can already put out a competitive team from my stock, so few horses in new games and a long slow export and one trial at the end rather than my rush through cycles.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:37 pm
Group 3 winner

Thanks to everyone involved and those responsible to make the league happen.

It has been a great season. For me I manages a personal best with 25 wins in total. But from a much smaller number of runs because I had small stables. Lots of my horses got a win so overall I am very happy. Last season I got a G1 win, this time a G2. Will try to work more on the breeding side before next season and hopefully be a bit more competitive.

I really think the double entries are great. Makes it more meaningful to enter more horses in races they actually can win.

Wish everyone a nice break and good luck for the next season.

Daniel

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Everyone has to come back for the last SO6 league because it could be the last one in a long time, SO7 seems like a long way away. It's not fit to get past the testers stage never mind for everyone else to play/mess around with it, we'll be lucky to get a league season next year with SO7.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:38 pm
Group 3 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Everyone has to come back for the last SO6 league because it could be the last one in a long time, SO7 seems like a long way away. It's not fit to get past the testers stage never mind for everyone else to play/mess around with it, we'll be lucky to get a league season next year with SO7.

I have possibly missed a post that will answer this question ..... but is there a reason why the next season is being considered the last season of SO6 other than the hope that SO7 will be ready when predicted?
I agree that SO7 is probably further off than expected considering the nature of software development.
Cheers

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

I tend to agree we could likely run several more if the energy levels and volunteer pool remains. But this season seems to have finished with a whimper rather than a bang and I actually wonder if my stepping away would help as it takes a load of wins and recycles them for others.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes it has finished in a whimper but that is not because of you, Josh, well not in my case anyway.

Personally I think SO7 is ages away. I would rather Mark delay the game and get it right and running smoothly with plenty of community testing and consulting than rushing to appease people.

If another league season starts before the end of the year I will not be doing any race calls. I may enter a small jumps stable and that's about it. I am happy to help Gray with any more schedule tweeking pre season. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and I need to clear that before I can think of league breeding and I would prefer to be able to play my single game and enjoy that before I start focusing on league breeding.

Maybe it's just me but in hind sight I think we have pushed the league a little too hard. I can remember the first SO6 league when after each race day the forums buzzed - now it's crickets and tumble weeds.

The two entry per race has been an amazing success - as Daniel mentioned "Makes it more meaningful to enter more horses in races they actually can win" - I was always confident that Martin's idea would work and it has.

I will leave with another interesting thought Martin has had. Instead of trying to fit everything into one league season (I'll use the flat as an example) maybe have a Europe centred season to start - with all the big and small races. The next season have an International season where there are no Euro races but big and small races from around the rest of the world and then the following season we go back to the Euro league. To be honest there are enough Group 1, 2 and 3 races in Australia as well as Listed that there could easily be a stand alone Australian league season as well as a Euro and International League seasons.
On the Hunt, Martin did mention we could have an English season and the following League season we could have an Irish season. It would be cool to have the English GN each season though.
Maybe the seasons wouldn't be as long but that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Doug

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:01 am
Group 3 winner

If so many people are having doubts on next season then perhaps it's time to stick a bow on it and wait until So7, unless u have everyone on board then it's not worth doing something half arsed.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:12 am
Group 1 winner

I am getting the feeling that there is no rush to have another season this year that is fine with me because if I don't have the guys to run. Com or Handicap then we cant have one I know Doug and Stu want a break to enjoy the game again so perhaps we will cancel another Season this side of Christmas which I had planned for a two week break over Christmas like last year.

Like others I have been testing SO7 and I for one is not impressed with it the crashes on Auctions etc and that's without the Actual viewing of any Races so its pointless throwing in a mod Course as you wont be able to test it as test game as no racing just results. So SO7 will be very buggy if out this Autumn and would mean countless Patches which is a pain when you have mods in your game and have added Schedules etc.

So I don't see a SO7 League even if the game came out this Autumn until the End of Next Year because you may get as we did in the current Game some resets so No league again this Year and will see when I have the team to do the next one as I don't want to carry on if I have to do more than I did this year. I have mention Mini league years ago Doug during between leagues and using foreign races mixed with Jump races a mixed League but was shot down mind you that was like years ago.

Gray

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Maybe just float the notion at the time and see if you can get enough people to help, if so then run one if not delay. Whatever happens you will need new race runners and comms guys given the comments so others will need to step forward.

Josh

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

What is important is race runners - the race calls are just icing.
If you want to start another league in November, go for it - I just wont be doing calls.
Don't take what you have seen so far of SO7 as how it is going to be. All Mark has given is a part of the game that is as buggy as hell and has asked us to do specific tasks to help him iron out what is wrong with it at the moment.
I wont be surprise if there is another 3 more SO6 league seasons and I am happy with that. It would be nice to change things around a bit like what i said at the bottom of my post but if you have some ideas for a mini season well let's have a chat in here about it and see if we can get it up and running.
We could do it with what we have now in TOM - Have a short English season - then an Irish and Euro season and then a rest of the world season and just use the races that are in TOM.
A quick game is a good game :-)

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm
Group 3 winner

I will help as race runner if needed. Just need to learn the basics first.

My spoken english is not good enough to be a commentator, but race running I can do.

I think everyone needs a break and a breather and slowly the itch will come back :D
I don’t think the most of you would sit out a season, you like it too much to do that.

I am planning to do a trawl around TOM and provide some stats and previous winners of various races of the past seasons when the autumn dark sets in. Maybe that can trigger your appetite as well :D

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 120  Next