View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Just catching up I agree that a SO7 league could even be more than a year away or even longer
also you are going to need to let people have maybe as long as 3 - 6 months gameplay if you
are to breed 2 teams for each code id even forget about SO7 league for now.

Can we clarify if we are going to have 1 more league of SO6 even if its early next year?

If not think we need this to be made public as possible as people will already be working towards next
season.

I just have an ordinary laptop it struggles to run the game on low specs and could not race run.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
I will help as race runner if needed. Just need to learn the basics first.

My spoken english is not good enough to be a commentator, but race running I can do.

I think everyone needs a break and a breather and slowly the itch will come back :D
I don’t think the most of you would sit out a season, you like it too much to do that.

I am planning to do a trawl around TOM and provide some stats and previous winners of various races of the past seasons when the autumn dark sets in. Maybe that can trigger your appetite as well :D

Its really easy , just need 4 or 5 hours free on a Friday night/Saturday.

We need 4 or 5 and with Josh stopping and Stu not around and im not even sure if Jango is going to do it , we need a few new ones. So far its me and gray!!!

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Count me in, then :D

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Handicapper

I will do race running too, i would even give commentating a go too if needed.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 pm
Group 2 winner

I have to say, this is the first season since SO4 I've actually completed, an I loved it. Really got my appetite back for playing for the league after about 9 years in the wilderness. My aim at the start was top 10 as I'm an optimistic person :) Given I only had horses bred up to 10f I fancied this was ambitious, but 9th in terms of wins has really whet my appetite to get some more breeding done for next season. If it is at the start of next year even better. I may actually get a few staying horses bred

Mostly H'cap winners for me this year, but two stand out GP1 wins in Wuchang Gladius and Linxia Lacesso who finally got up after a few very good runs in the 2yo races. My best horses seem to be the Wuchang lot, which is odd as Enping Erepo is actually their sire, and still beats them a lot at home, but in the league ended up rated in the 60s.

All in all I really enjoyed this year, largely down to the guys who do all the work behind the scenes. Great work by all the comms guys, race runners, an Gray organising it all. Wonderful job, especially given the time it must take.

Think I will definitely volunteer more next season. Hopefully I can do a bit of race running. Infact I'll definitely put my name forward to that. But given I'm a Sports Trader/Odds compiler, and in the old style leagues, I used to do odds for all the rqces an run a bookmakers, maybe we could set something like this up again? I know I really used to enjoy that, an could probably run it again. It might help with a bit more interaction on the forums too.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:42 am
Group 3 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

Its really easy , just need 4 or 5 hours free on a Friday night/Saturday.

We need 4 or 5 and with Josh stopping and Stu not around and im not even sure if Jango is going to do it , we need a few new ones. So far its me and gray!!!

I will be available to run races, i would even consider comms but i might sound like a sailor with tourettes! lol
Personally i think a shorter season would be a good idea. 13 weeks is a long time to stick with one stable and its easy for burnout to kick in.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:51 am
Group 1 winner

I'd like to say thanks to you guys who are putting up your hand to race run and comms.

Paul - there will be more SO6 League Seasons.

I still enjoy doing comms - I just need a season or a period of time away from it.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:20 am
Group 1 winner

I see no problem with the league as is. I am against the two league idea. That's really all I have to say about that. The lower handicap races were quite competitive this season with a lot of large fields. The top super trainers (all five to seven of them) can keep having their fun racing against each other in the top races. I've long since given up caring about being in the very top group. I for sure am not down with handicapping two leagues.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:23 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I see no problem with the league as is. I am against the two league idea. That's really all I have to say about that. The lower handicap races were quite competitive this season with a lot of large fields. The top super trainers (all five to seven of them) can keep having their fun racing against each other in the top races. I've long since given up caring about being in the very top group. I for sure am not down with handicapping two leagues.

Can't see there being two leagues.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 am
Group 1 winner

As Doug says, brilliant with the volunteers.

My case is simple I am moving end October, so I will be unable to help this side of Xmas, but the new year I would like to think if all set-up, I can help again with or without a stable, so hopefully enough people to get through the 1st 5 weeks and I can at least add too the numbers or give some people a break come week 6.

Stu

p.s you didn't really think you were getting rid of me that easy! :wink:

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:

p.s you didn't really think you were getting rid of me that easy! :wink:

Value your contribution greatly Stu your a top bloke would not be the same without you
you really missed your calling you would fit in on any talk show on TV

So Gray how does mid January sound to you gives everyone a decent break

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It is good that Alex and Vinny have offered help and I am sure the coms team will be happy for Alex to com like Stu and Race Run the problem with the help is a few have and then comes the reality That as we use Dropbox this has a free version but the space is small and we are having large files with the Race Videos the guys run out of space. Tim is one example he has the free version and for some reason can never see all the race Videos and so he cant Com.

I pay for it Monthly so I am ok if I didn't then we would have no race videos so my space is big enough that I can see all so the guys might want to think about it we will have another League But not until Next Year after Christmas middle of January Hopefully if we have a Team with at least 4/5 Race Runners.

Gray

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
It is good that Alex and Vinny have offered help and I am sure the coms team will be happy for Alex to com like Stu and Race Run the problem with the help is a few have and then comes the reality That as we use Dropbox this has a free version but the space is small and we are having large files with the Race Videos the guys run out of space. Tim is one example he has the free version and for some reason can never see all the race Videos and so he cant Com.

I pay for it Monthly so I am ok if I didn't then we would have no race videos so my space is big enough that I can see all so the guys might want to think about it we will have another League But not until Next Year after Christmas middle of January Hopefully if we have a Team with at least 4/5 Race Runners.

Gray

Gray you remember the issues i had with file size and my poor upload speed.
When i was trying to fix the issue by dropping the bit rate in Bandicam i recorded at, i was able to knock the file size down to a pretty small size.
Yes the quality took a big hit but it might be a possible solution for those that have the free dropbox.
I can run some tests but it might be an idea to have a max file size that all those that help can handle.
Would also make the upload to Youtube alot faster.
Just a thought.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 pm
Handicapper

I have Dropbox plus, which has 1tb of storage so i assume that would be plenty of space.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:59 am
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
I have Dropbox plus, which has 1tb of storage so i assume that would be plenty of space.

Yes Alex Fantastic.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 120  Next