View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 One Mile Donkey race 
Group 3 winner

Post One Mile Donkey race
Howdy

Just a random idea for next season.

A one mile race with the "last" past the post the winner.
While everyone is breeding to produce the best horses i think it would be entertaining to see who can produce the worst horse.
We have seen alot of comments about the domination of the top trainers, well here would be a new level playing field for all trainers.
Maybe its my odd sense of humor but i think it would result in some hilarious race calls and be fun to watch.
Tactics could involve giving the worst possible jockey instructions with the worst possible stats.
Anyway, just an idea, would like to know your thoughts.

Cheers

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:52 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: One Mile Donkey race
Have heats of the worst rated horses - the horse that finished last in each heat goes into the final and the horse that runs last in the final is the winner :-)

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:17 am
Group 1 winner

Like the comedy value.

Issues who will waste a stable spot for one race?, all you need to do is keep starting new games to find the truly awful horses or go to the 2yo auctions......ideally one whose best distance is 2m 4f

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Like the comedy value.

Issues who will waste a stable spot for one race?, all you need to do is keep starting new games to find the truly awful horses or go to the 2yo auctions......ideally one whose best distance is 2m 4f

I guess is would be aimed at smaller stables and new trainers for a laugh unless you save a slot for a bad game bred horse?

Maybe we need to make a rule that it is for home bred horses only?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:25 am
Selling plater

I am just a novice at the game, only had it a few months, but it occurs to me that even making a race like this for homebreds only would be very easy to breed a poor horse.

I have been looking for a 100% extra speed horse (no luck yet) but have re-started a new game about 40 times to look for one. The poor quality of some of the horses at game start up would make it easy to breed a rubbish colt with a rubbish filly and produce a rubbish homebred.

This idea has some appeal as a bit of fun, but would be very easy to be abused by anyone and very hard to implement a set of rules. Every horses lineage would have to be checked after upload to Tom.

What about an age limit? 3yo only?

I have been trying to achieve one of the game objectives and win a race with a 15yo. My 100% potential 3yo horse has only about 15% potential as a 15yo. I saw a post where someone had a horse that was a 100yo http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16090&hilit=oldest+horse

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Group 1 winner

The race would be for novelty value. I think it would show up in TOM if it was game bred or not but either way it's no big deal.
For some trainers it wouldn't be worth sacrificing a stable slot for a donkey.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]