View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Online League News And Poll 

SO6 Or SO7 Next League Season
Poll ended at Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:38 pm
1 SO6 - League 76%  76%  [ 13 ]
2 SO7 - League 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17

Online League News And Poll 
Group 1 winner

Post Online League News And Poll
Hi Guys it seems SO7 might be out before Christmas so we have to make a decision either to have one more SO6 League which we not decided when to start that and will be at least February or to go straight into SO7 League which if the game comes out this side of Christmas could start around April on a level playing Field.

Gray

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Online League News And Poll
I voted for another season because I can't see a league season in SO7 before the middle of summer at the earliest , I think the game will be in Beta for a good few months ( more than 4 by what I've seen of it) and the game will need a reset when out of beta and so u could probably add another 3 or 4 months to play the game again and we will be into summer and beyond at that point.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:29 pm
Group 2 winner

I agree with John. As far as I am aware the majority of people are expecting at least one more SO6 league and some people, especially the newer players, may have been working hard on their stable. It would be a little mean spirited to change now I think. I was under the impression a league was set to start in mid to late January and this was agreed at end of last season.

We should use the final SO6 league as a promotional tool for SO7, both the game and the league, by making some videos for youtube/facebook etc. It would also be an opportunity to test out any potential changes such as seeing how double entries in all races worked.

Also you can't guarantee that everyone will have time to buy and play the game straight away, especially over Christmas and New Year. Plus people will need time to get used to the new formats/screens etc.

Most importantly though there may not be a stable SO7 racekit available on launch.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

There might be a beta version released before the new year, but it's most likely going to be several months of tweaks and bug fixes before a final 1.0 version of SO7 is ready and if previous versions are a guide more bug fixes will be required after this to make the game ready for training and trialling league horses.

I've been taking part in the league since the SO2 days and the same thing happens every time a new version approaches a release date. The old game gets abandoned and then we wait around for the next 12-18 months (sometimes longer) wondering if the online league is ever going to get off the ground.

As much as I will be glad to see the back of SO6, and I do hope I'm wrong, I can't see a league with the new game starting until new year 2020 at the earliest.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:55 pm
Selling plater

Lordedaw wrote:
I agree with John. As far as I am aware the majority of people are expecting at least one more SO6 league and some people, especially the newer players, may have been working hard on their stable. It would be a little mean spirited to change now I think. I was under the impression a league was set to start in mid to late January and this was agreed at end of last season.

I have only had the game a few months but I have been bitten by the horse racing bug and I am looking forward to entering the league for the first time. Personally, I would be very disappointed if there was not an SO6 league season in the new year. I have been breeding specifically for the league.

Kevcon wrote:
There might be a beta version released before the new year, but it's most likely going to be several months of tweaks and bug fixes before a final 1.0 version of SO7 is ready and if previous versions are a guide more bug fixes will be required after this to make the game ready for training and trialling league horses.

This is a very relevant point. I am currently using a Beta version of a desktop publisher program called Affinity that I downloaded in August. There is still no sign of a full version of the software being made available.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:38 pm
Group 1 winner

I figure we will have time for one likely two SO6 leagues before SO7 is out, stable and racekit ready for a league, not to mention has an active player population.

Volunteers to run the league is likely the most difficult challenge to overcome.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 am
Group 3 winner

At least one more SO6 league would be nice. And if it could start in february that would be good as well.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 pm
Group 1 winner

thought we already all agreed 1 more season to start in the new year pretty sure mid January was mentioned is this not the case now

it will take at least 6 months of gameplay before anyone will have a team ready for an SO7 online league thats a long time
between drinks

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

also dont forget for at least 3 months of the new game we are going to get restarts where you have to start up from scratch
so I agree with Kev a new SO7 League might not happen until 2020

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm good to go again.
My stable wont be much chop but oh well.
We probably will have time for two more SO6 league seasons.
Might be worth a thought, once SO7 (not the beta) is up and running to get straight into it's first league season - even if it's a short trial season over four weeks, for example. No doubt the new league format may need a beta season lol

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:07 am
Group 1 winner

Looks a cert its a SO6 it will be February Guys I been busy doing other things I need to do the Schedules and play some trying to get my Jumps Silks done for SO7 for my Point To Point UKPTP Schedule.

Gray

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]