View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help with menus 
Group 3 winner

Post Help with menus
I'm trying to make the menu's look more like SO6.

Does anyone know how I can mod the menu as seen in image below so that the background is transparent and not white.

https://imgur.com/2sRzJkN

Also is there anyway to make the racecourse image not faded out?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Help with menus
The files in question for that are found in...gfx > tables> bgscale

You can open them in paint and make it the color you want. As far as making them transparent, if you have Paint3d you can do it somehow with that.

I copied and pasted the same files from SO6 which I had changed to a different color scheme. It looks the same with the exception of one minor line that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks for that. I tinkered around with it but I can't get the background outside the different menus to be fully transparent, parts of it are but other headers are not blending with it . The colour of Back_2 seems to shade everything that colour including the racetrack picture, its a bad concept and makes the menus look unaesthetic. The files are png and somewhat transparent, they dont make the menus full solid colours. I tried changing the images to jpg to try fix this but it seems the links to the bgscale folder are set to png files. The header files h_1 etc make it even harder to work around. I'm someone who doesn't like change and something like this would put me off playing the game completely. I know it may sound stupid but just the way I am. I wonder is there any way we could revert to a SO6 layout on SO7?

Btw what resolution are you running the game on Siruschill because my menu layout doesn't look anything like yours?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 am
Group 1 winner

It's 1920 x 1080 in full screen mode.

I tried messing around with transparency in Paint3D to change the wallpaper images in the bd folder. I couldn't get it to what I wanted. I'm not very learned in that area.

In the bd folder the first image is the opening screen wallpaper image and there is another image tied into it - the dumb grass_2 image. All I want is the grass image to disappear and it wont. You can't even delete it. The game will crash. It's the first time I've seen a gfx image cause a crash in this game.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
It's 1920 x 1080 in full screen mode.

I tried messing around with transparency in Paint3D to change the wallpaper images in the bd folder. I couldn't get it to what I wanted. I'm not very learned in that area.

In the bd folder the first image is the opening screen wallpaper image and there is another image tied into it - the dumb grass_2 image. All I want is the grass image to disappear and it wont. You can't even delete it. The game will crash. It's the first time I've seen a gfx image cause a crash in this game.

Yeah I have the same problem, the grass 2 photo won't go away. It just underlays your main photo. Then if you try to change your image to grass 2 it just comes out looped.

1920 x 1080 doesn't appear on the drop down list for me, maybe its because I'm on a laptop idk. No matter what resolution I put the game on the menu's just look horrible. It's really off putting, I might just get a refund and play SO6. The menus and resolution seemed to work fine on that.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 am
Handicapper

The transparency effect would generally be known as "Opacity" and would be rated between 0-100%. I do not use 3D Paint, therefore I do not know if this is part of the suite.

You do have the option of using Photoshop on a trial basis, which will have a bit of a learning curve, but it is so much better and can generate some very nice effects.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 am
Selling plater

jupiterjimmy wrote:
I'm trying to make the menu's look more like SO6.

Does anyone know how I can mod the menu as seen in vtc cdg roissy image below so that the background is transparent and not white.

Also is there anyway to make the racecourse image not faded out?

This is good but if you can change it's suitable to change for something else!
Thanks!

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 am
Handicapper

Send me whichever pictures/buttons/menus you want to change with a brief description of exactly what you want and I'll do it on photoshop for you. Send to nathd88_rbtl@outlook.com . Should have some free time this evening.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]