View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO9 schedule and stuff 
Group 3 winner

Post SO9 schedule and stuff
Howdy

Is the current schedule available for download from TOM correct for SO9?
Gray mentioned he emailed out the rules for SO9 but i havent received that email.
If there are rule changes can they be posted on the Forum?

Cheers

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO9 schedule and stuff
From: Starters Orders Online League <postmaster@startersordersonlineleague.com>
Sent: 27 January 2019 21:27
To: Grayham Clutterbuck
Subject: Final SO6 League Start

Just letting everybody to know the Final League of Starters Orders 6 will hopefully Begin In March Below are the rules of the League.
Gray
FLAT League Guidelines
General
Clones : No full brothers or sisters are allowed. These will be treated as clones and removed from your stable
Age : Horse must be a year older than the previous season. eg if 3 last season must be 4 this season, if 3 two seasons ago it must be 5 this season.
Name : Horses must have a different name to horses you have previously uploaded, else they won't be accepted
Mid Season uploads - after week 5 and before week 6. You will be allowed to upload new horses. You will be able to retire a max of 5 horses and you can upload as many horses as you want up to the max stable size ( 25 for flat and 30 for NH )
Exporting Horse Files - All Exported Horses for the league MUST be Reset before exporting and Uploading to Tom in your CK Go to Your Horses highlight the Rating line and Click. Box will appear in the Box Type 975 and press enter this will change the rating to all Horses to 75.
If Possible Returning horses please Reset them adjust its rating to what Tom has it online.
Double Entry Races
All races through the Season will allow trainers Double Runners but some racecourses cant have Big Fields do to tightness of race course below are a list of Racecourses which will have Group Races Limited Field size.
Group Race Limits
All USA Tracks Limit 16 Runners
Dubai 16 Runners
UK Courses
Newmarket Guineas 30 Runneers
Ascot 24 Runners
Doncaster 24 Runners
Epsom 24 Runners
Chester 20 Runners
Ireland
Curragh 24 Runners
Handicap and other races
Limit 30 Runners Except USA and Dubai which all races Limited to 20.

Big Field Races
When races are above the Limit All Trainers have 1 runner no matter the rating of the horse unless instructed the lowest rated Horse of the trainers horses be it in Handicap Or other race will be scratched.
If more than Limited trainers have horses enter after restriction to 1 horse per trainer then Lowest rated horses are scratched if Horses at the bottom on the same Rating then it is done by alphabetical order.
If Trainers have two runners and the race is above the Limit then again Every trainer is Guranteed a runner then the lowest rated Horses are Balloted Out first unless Trainer states which one he wants to scratch from his horses again if horses at the bottom of race are rated the same then balloted by alphabetical Order.

ONLINE NATIONAL HUNT LEAGUE RULES AND GUIDELINES

National Hunt key
Hurdles - Small Obstacles and easier to jump
Chases - Large Obstacles Known has Fences can vary in size three types Water Jump, Plain Fence and Open Ditch the open Ditch is the biggest fence on any known Race Track and hardest to jump. Races over fences are also Known as Steeplechases
NHF/Bumper - National Hunt Flat Races ran on the Flat. Races Can range from 1m 4f to 2m 1f in real life the league Runs Races from 2m to 2m 1f although I Might pop in a 1m 5f Bumper sometime in the future these are aimed at by inmature Horses and late mature horses to give them racing experience and horses that have never run on the flat these horses are mostly staying horses and future chasers of the sport.
Juvenile Hurdlers - In Uk 3yo juveniles start running in May and are consider the babies of the code they can be ex flat horses and NH Horses by the time Cheltenham festival which is in March the juveniles would be 4yo and that is why the league doesn't start the Juveniles at 3yo and all Juveniles must be 4yo.
Novice Hurdler - Aimed at Horses either NH Horses (some races are Restricted to NH Horses Never run on the Flat) or EX Flat horses and are Novices for 1 season due to inexperience Jumping Hurdles.
Open Hurdler - Horses that are experienced and can run in Open Handicaps and Graded Hurdles but are no longer allowed to run in Novice or Juvenlie Hurdle Races
Novice Chasers - Inexerienced Chasers Novice Chasers have 1 season as a Novice
Open Chaser - Experienced Chasers that can run in Handicap and Graded Chases.
Hunter Chases - can be old Horses that have left racing under rules of NH Races also horses that run in Point to point races.

Hurdlers Age Rules in League
Races Range From 2miles to 3miles 2f
NAntional Hunt Flat (NHF)- 4UP Select Novice on Upload. Horses 4yo can Run in NHF, Juvenile, 4UP Novices Hurdle and Non Graded Handicaps but can only Run in Handicaps once its Run over Hurdles (Juvenile Hurdle or Novice Hurdle) has to have a rating.
Juvenile Hurdlers - 4yo Only Select Novice on Upload. Runs in Juvenile, NHF Races, Novices Hurdles, Non Graded Handicap Hurdles can only Run in Handicaps once its Run over Hurdles (Juvenile Hurdle or Novice Hurdle) has to have a rating.
Novice Hurdler - 5UP Select Novice on Upload. Can run in Novice Hurdles, NHF and Non Graded Handicap Hurdles.
Open Hurdler - 5UP Select Open on Upload. Hurdlers that are running after Juvenile and novice days can run in all Handicaps and Grade races.
Chases Age Rules in League
Races Range From 2miles to 4miles 4f
Novice Chaser 5UP Select Novice on Upload. Are First Season Chaser's can run in Novice Chases and Non Graded Handicap Chases.
Open Chaser - 5UP Select Open on Upload. Chasers that are running after novice days can run in all Handicaps and Grade races.
Hunter Chasers - 5UP Select Open on Upload. in the league Hunter Chases are used as Low Handicap Chases max rating 100 once horse is above that Rating it no longers qualify's for Hunter chases.

Special Exemption
Grand National horse (Chaser) 7UP Select Open on Upload. in a recent pole the Your National horse/horses must be at least a 7yo.

Double Entry Races
Some races through the Season will allow trainers Double Runners
Big Field Races
30 limit in NH Races except Grand National Which is 40.
When races are above the Limit All Trainers have 1 runner no matter the rating of the horse unless instructed the lowest rated Horse of the trainers horses be it in Handicap Or other race will be scratched.
If more than 30 or 40 (National) trainers have horses enter after restriction to 1 horse per trainer then Lowest rated horses are scratched if Horses at the bottom on the same Rating then it is done by alphabetical order.
If Trainers have two runners and the race is above the Limit then again Every trainer is Guranteed a runner then the lowest rated Horses are Balloted Out first unless Trainer states which one he wants to scratch from his horses again if horses at the bottom of race are rated the same then balloted by alphabetical Order.

Gray

Here is the E-mail.

Gray

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Thanks Gray

Just to confirm, the schedule is the same as last season?

Also, for a returning horse that won a group one last season, do the weight penalties still apply if i run it in say a group 3 this season, or does it start with a clean slate?

Cheers

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Thanks Gray

Just to confirm, the schedule is the same as last season?

Also, for a returning horse that won a group one last season, do the weight penalties still apply if i run it in say a group 3 this season, or does it start with a clean slate?

Cheers

Its a new horse file so it wont have that info in its file you just get the rating it finished with last Year.

Gray

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Sorry to ask a Newbie question but I have a question about Non-Graded Handicaps. I am not sure what a non-graded handicap is.

Does this mean that a Novice can run in any open handicap race that is not a Group race?

What about Listed races?

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:27 am
Group 1 winner

Tam,

Simply means a handicap that is not graded G1 G2 etc. So yes novices can run in these in addition to their graded novice races, along with the bumpers. Listed races are run off neutral weights so a novice can only run in these if it is novice class. Novices are much debated in the league and the format is far from perfect but as a community we have yet to come up with anything better.

Josh

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 am
Group 1 winner

Tam King wrote:
Sorry to ask a Newbie question but I have a question about Non-Graded Handicaps. I am not sure what a non-graded handicap is.

Does this mean that a Novice can run in any open handicap race that is not a Group race?

What about Listed races?

Tam Juvenile Hurdle Horses are 4yo Only I see you don't have any 4yo in your Stable if you want horses to run in Juvenile Hurdles you need a Novice that is 4yo this horse can run in Juvenile, Novice, NHF Races also 4UP Handicap Hurdles which are not Graded Handicaps so low Handicap hurdles.

Novices can be 5UP and run in all Novice Races and Low Handicap Hurdles but not Juvenile Hurdles (Juvenile Hurdlers are only run around 2miles to 2m 1f) so you only need two at the most if you want a runner in the big 4yo races at Cheltenham you will need Two one for the Truimph Hurdle and one for the Fred Winter Juvenile H'cap Hurdle.

Gray

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thanks for the replies Gray and Josh.

I am not really expecting much from my NH team after the exhibitions races. The NH team is basically my flat horses, which I mostly concentrated on, one or two generations older so there was no clones.

I will never be able to compete in NH group races against the more established trainers but I am hoping that my NH team can compete in handicap races and Gray, that is why there are no 4yo Juvenile horses in the team as there is only one Juvenile handicap race.

For me in my first league season, this is a learning experience so that if\when an SO7 league takes place I will have more idea how to structure the team makeup. I suspect both my NH and flat teams are not very well balanced as to distances and ages but as I said it is a learning experience.

My flat team did better than I expected in the exhibition races so maybe any small successes I have will come on the flat.

Again, thanks for the explanaions.

Tam

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm
Group 1 winner

I was going to say it at the time, but that horse you posted a pic of on the forums made me think jumper :), i’ll wager you have some surprises.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Looking at the jumps schedule I'm struggling to see any reason for medium and especially low level trainers to upload more than a couple of novices. Excluding the Juv h'cap hurdle at Cheltenham, I could only find 3 novice h'cap hurdles (2m4f, 2m5f and 3m) and 1 novice h'cap chase (2m5f) in the schedule. All other novice races are run at level weights, give or take a few lbs for graded race win penalties, so unless you have a genuine group/graded class horse, uploading as a novice simply limits the number of hcap races your horses can run in.

I know it's too late to make any changes with the new season about to start but I do think the lack of novice handicaps is an issue that needs to be addressed for future seasons, otherwise novice races, if they aren't already, are going to become the preserve of the top trainers.

ps. When does the upload window close?

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:01 am
Group 3 winner

Kevcon wrote:

ps. When does the upload window close?

Wannabe wrote:
Anadin wrote:
:D

When is stables to be in by ? (I could trawl all the other threads/posts, but sure someone will be so kind)

According to TOM entries close 5pm UK time this comming Saturday

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 am
Group 1 winner

Uploads will Close Midday Sunday UK Time Declarations 5pm Sunday this gives me the time to download the horse files go through Trainers Returning horses and Handicap the correct rating from Last season then upload them back into Tom before downloading the races.

Gray

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
All races through the Season will allow trainers Double Runners but some racecourses cant have Big Fields do to tightness of race course below are a list of Racecourses which will have Group Races Limited Field size.

Is this in effect? Does it apply to first week maiden races?

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Quote:

Only 1 entry per trainer in the maidens i believe.

simpleminds wrote:
I sent out all members on Tom a e-mail last night with Rules to the Online League Please check your e-mail and spam folder and read the rules if you have not Joined Tom yet but want to join the Online League here is the Link - http://startersordersonlineleague.com

I have been talking to Leon and he is happy moving to a new race days of the league I will send Leon the schedules which will allow double entries but only 1 entry in Maiden Races weeks 1 and 2
Gray

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Quote:

I have noticed that a trainer as uploaded a few Maidens from last Season Sirius and if it runs of 75 when its rated 45 already it will run off the wrong rating and actually may end up Higher in the ratings.

Gray

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next