View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SO7 
Handicapper

Post Re: SO7
I bought SO7 at the begining and I have really struggled to get into it for whatever reason it just seems lacking in something to me. I put in the hours to become areasonable league trainer for SO6 and have tried with SO7 but cannot get anywhere near and so i feel for me that I probably wont participate in an SO7 league if it happens. I actually went back to SO6 to breed for the league window as I was so bored with SO7, am I missing somethng???

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:13 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Problem is horses from the earlier patches can be bought into a new game granted they will only
now produce 90% 3YO's if you breed to them but they can still be exported to the CK from a new game with
100% potential

I Have no answers really and this was my concern a few weeks back

Yes you called it early and it is all a bit of a mess.
But it is what it is and if we want the League to continue then we need to find a solution.
I think it would be constructive if we consider the possible scenarios for the League.

Scenario #1... Continue with SO6
I made this #1 because it is the fork in the road scenario.
Continue with SO6 and the issues with SO7 become irrelevant for now.
But unless Gray and the rest of the team agree to continue with SO6 then there will be no League as we know it. And enough trainers have already indicated they are not interested in SO6 that it makes this scenario nonviable.
While personally i would happily continue with SO6 i also understand that many trainers have had enough of SO6 and want a new challenge.

One thing to consider in rejecting SO6 for the next season is where on the horizon would be a SO7 season. Are we looking at a season in 2019. Maybe 2020? Even if the current issues with SO7 can be resolved how far away in the next season?

Scenario #2... Restrict horses based on version
Just as horse siblings with the same parents are currently not allowed in the League, so the version in which a horse was bred would be restricted.
This would need Mark to enable the game version info to be added to the horse data and that extra field be part of the horse export file (.HRS). I would like to think this would not be too difficult but only Mark can say for sure.
Trainers that have already spent time breeding in the Beta wont be able to enter those horses. In a perfect world updates to the Beta would have only been fixes but....it is what it is!

Scenario #3... A Reset
Most unlikely as it would upset alot of players with time already invested.
Mark may have already stated that there will be no reset, if so i have missed it.

Scenario #4...Do Nothing
Have a SO7 season with no attempt to restrict horses breed in previous patches.
So will then all trainers need to start running the previous patches to be competitive?
99% of trainers are gentlemen and can be trusted to not exploit the game to gain an advantage, but as usual its the 1% that will.

So thats my thoughts so far, i would really encourage others to comment about "how" we keep the League alive.

Cheers

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:56 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Scenario #3... A Reset
Most unlikely as it would upset alot of players with time already invested.
Mark may have already stated that there will be no reset, if so i have missed it.

I think Mark has stated there will be no reset.

The thing is - a beta is traditionally there for the developer to resolve any running issues before launch and then everything resets when the game is launched.
What has muddied the waters is Mark offered the game for sale before the official launch and ending of the beta which may have given some people the thought that the game is officially GO.

Personally I think there should be a reset and then it's game on and if you choose to smash it 10 hours a day - go for it. But this will be the first online game I have played that wont reset on launch which was something I was expecting it to do - and the reason why I wasn't bothered downloading and putting time into the game.

This is a problem for the league only. And since we are apparently in the minority, I'm not so sure this was fully thought out or if we are of any real concern. I've actually got some mixed thoughts and emotions about this that I will push aside and make up my mind after this current league season is finished.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:01 am
Group 1 winner

As Jango said 99% of trainers are all for fairplay and have never cheated but the leagues history
has been tarnished in the past by (Not Recently) the 1% who have cheated. The league needs to be run on trust
that no one is cheating that race runners are not re ruining races that the handicapper is handicapping
horses fairly etc etc.

If there is to be no reset then we might have to tailor the league to it for instance making 3YO races like the derby
or the Guineas for 4 Year Olds and then making races for the older gen for 5YO+ it would mean no 2YO races but
it would be a solution to the problem granted not a great one but there would be no question marks against anyone
who does well in the SO7 league.

Everyone of my jumps horses is since the patch that dented potential (I Only started playing the jumps game when this problem came up)
so have been bred under the current terms of the game I dont think there is an issue with the jumps side of things anyway most horses
become full bar by 4 the issue will be with flat 2 & 3 year olds

I remember a similar issue in SO6 some trainers had full bar 2 Year Olds John was certainly one maybe Jim was another yet I never saw
a full potential bar 2 year old ever in my game and I wont now.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

As per Darren above, and I am not sure this will be a surprise to anyone :), but I am not especially fond of SO7, it represents a giant leap backwards for me and worse yet Mark cashed in with a product not fit for purpose, free testing or greed, but certainly not customer care. Rockstar games just about get away with betas, strategic designs I think not.

Right now I cannot see myself ever going to put the time into it to make a league worth playing for me.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 am
Group 1 winner

I guess what 'might' be a simple solution is that Mark arranges it that the game wont play unless you have the latest update/patch which I guess is something like Jango's possible solution.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:32 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
I guess what 'might' be a simple solution is that Mark arranges it that the game wont play unless you have the latest update/patch which I guess is something like Jango's possible solution.

Not if the old horse files are still importable!

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 am
Group 3 winner

Like Paul says it doesn't matter so much because all jump horses are really 5 year olds so u can get them full with the old or new system. If we did have a reset like the last game can anyone remember if the old files worked after it!!!! I can't remember like a lot of stuff :lol:

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 am
Group 1 winner

Getting old sucks :)

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Handicapper

In the latest patch all imported horses for me appear to have blanked out the breeding distance indicator with '-'. Maybe Mark can implement it so only horses from game version X onwards with a valid breeding indicator are exportable. That way all older horses could be used for breeding without a real advantage as the foals wil be susceptible to the same potential decreases.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:11 pm
Group 3 winner

ikem007 wrote:
In the latest patch all imported horses for me appear to have blanked out the breeding distance indicator with '-'. Maybe Mark can implement it so only horses from game version X onwards with a valid breeding indicator are exportable. That way all older horses could be used for breeding without a real advantage as the foals wil be susceptible to the same potential decreases.

I think the less modifications to the game the better chance of Mark making them.
Simply including the version data in the horse data file and leaving it up to the League to use that info as it wants will be easier than restricting any ingame functionality based on version X.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
ikem007 wrote:

I think the less modifications to the game the better chance of Mark making them.
Simply including the version data in the horse data file and leaving it up to the League to use that info as it wants will be easier than restricting any ingame functionality based on version X.

Sounds fair enough.

As long as the changes don't impede the single player trainers - then it can work. Get them offside and we've got buckleys.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:25 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Like Paul says it doesn't matter so much because all jump horses are really 5 year olds so u can get them full with the old or new system. If we did have a reset like the last game can anyone remember if the old files worked after it!!!! I can't remember like a lot of stuff :lol:

Think there were only 2 resets 3 at most in SO6 but there was still a while of beta stage after the last reset

after the reset your old horses were not allowed to be bought into the game in fact i think the ttf files
were all blank after reset

so if you pasted in the ttf file after the reset when you opened the game your gamepool was blank and you
lost everything

As I have said before it is possible to get full bar 3YOs since 74 but far far far harder to get them

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Here's one I bred today

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Beast

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next