View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 ttf file 
Handicapper

Post ttf file
Points to note:

 You cannot transfer horse back into same game it was exported from.  When transferring in remember horses always come into your main racing stable so make sure you have room.  Transfer may need to be renamed on import in the event of a conflict.  Transfer limit per game per year now 16 (from 6)  Some horse parameters need to be reset on import. Lineage, feature race history.  Offspring of horse transferred in are not currently eligible for any league play.  Do not swap game or transfer files with other players. It can cause transfer files to be lost.

Does this mean the ttf file is now obsolete?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: ttf file
How new is this post Davy and where is it I have never seen it before

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

so7 instructions that come with the game.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 am
Group 3 winner

I don't understand what it means!!!!

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 am
Group 1 winner

Me either

Says currently not which leads you to think Pre SO7 which is not the case that
rule was never in use just the no clones bit

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Me either

Says currently not which leads you to think Pre SO7 which is not the case that
rule was never in use just the no clones bit

That's the bit that puzzled me, so is something changing in the future!!!! I can never find these rules or the file that tells u what the new patch has done, has these rules always been there!!! I wish we never had the ttf, it just complicates things.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am
Group 1 winner

The way I read it is it's not obsolete - you can remove a horse from let's say 'Game A' but you can't put it back into 'Game A'. It would need to go into 'Game B' for example.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
The way I read it is it's not obsolete - you can remove a horse from let's say 'Game A' but you can't put it back into 'Game A'. It would need to go into 'Game B' for example.

That's fine, the bit I'm querying is if you transfer a horse back in to another game you can't use the offspring of that horse for entering the league.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Group 1 winner

davylad wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

That's fine, the bit I'm querying is if you transfer a horse back in to another game you can't use the offspring of that horse for entering the league.

Id be stunned if that was the case what would the point of transferring horses in be

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ok - I can see the pro and con here. The pro is it stops the ttf from being exploited with multiple breeding of one horse. The con is that you can't transfer from a hunt game to find decent cruising burst for your breeding in a flat game.

I don't mind it if that's the case but I would query it if players breeding from an Australian game or an American game would be at a disadvantage from a combined English game.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Id be stunned if that was the case what would the point of transferring horses in be

It would force league players to work from one game - and when a horse dies - it's dead.

What we need is for Mark to clarify this. If that is the case we would need to let everyone know - especially new trainers who want to join the league after it is up and running.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Theres two things that are concerning , one is if for some reason u game crashes then u could lose everything and how many years will the game work for because people who want to breed for the league will get through many hundreds of seasons .Just get shot of the ttf because we was told years ago the game could detect things but frankel got into the game without any problems .

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Group 2 winner

So this looks like now I have to start all over again now? I transferred all my breeding filly I found in multiple games over to one game. This game is now my main game, an likely the main one I'll use for breeding for the league? Now I'm finding out none of these horses can be entered in a league?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 pm
Group 2 winner

So this looks like now I have to start all over again now? I transferred all my breeding filly I found in multiple games over to one game. This game is now my main game, an likely the main one I'll use for breeding for the league? Now I'm finding out none of these horses can be entered in a league?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:30 pm
Site Admin

There was a conversation here some time ago (before SO7 release) about eliminating transfered horses. I had decided to implement some code to support this and must have then added it to the instructions but the conversation had petered out so no more was done. I forgot to remove it from the instructions. So it does not have to be that way.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next