View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 ttf file 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: ttf file
Well now is the time for everyone to have their say on SO7 and what direction they want the league to go in , its time to decided on the future of the league with or without the TFF. :D

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:49 pm
Group 2 winner

It seems fine to me the way it is now. Only being able to transfer a horse once is surely enough of a limit. Means people can do their searching for base horses then get them all in the same game to start the breeding, but once those horses are in, that's it, can't be used again.

As stated before though, this could be dangerous to game crashes.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I would say without, that or you just open the floodgates again and stop with the half measures. Without would stop the creation of Uber beasts and actually give the randomness in breeding that I dislike so much a shot of evening things up a little. That said look at the league races this year, especially on the flat, not sure it can get much more even for those at the top. Harsh for those will hundreds of hours already expended though.

And since I remain unlikely to play the league on SO7 my opinion maybe moot.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Group 2 winner

Now is the time to make a decision about ttf files.

Personally, I have bred over 120 seasons worth of horses and I suspect Paul has spent even more time and we have both used ttf files as has probably a few others.

If horses bred from ttf files are banned from the league, I want to know NOW and not in a month or two's time.

If I have to start again from scratch so be it, I will hate it, as it will mean I have to abandon my four saved games. I have a US game where I look for potential and extra speed, a UK national hunt game where I found cruising burst, a UK flat game where I found enthusiasm and confidence and a combined UK game, ( my main game about 65 seasons old ), where I combined the best horses from the 3 other games.

To use an old term, "the horse has already bolted". Is it too late to change things now. From a purely selfish point of view, I want to keep things as they are but would banning ttf files make the league more of a level playing field? Probably not. I still think that those who put in the most time will have the best horses.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm a bit lost by the term TFF here. There isn't that file is there? It can't be manipulated in the same way it always was can it? This is literally just finding a horse an putting it in a different game, I genuinely don't see the issue with it as it is? It isn't massive manipulation, it's just a slight advantage that makes a bit of hard work pay off slightly ore than just getting lucky. It's definitely better than just having a free fr all too where you can just keep using the same horses over an over

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I'm a bit lost by the term TFF here. There isn't that file is there? It can't be manipulated in the same way it always was can it? This is literally just finding a horse an putting it in a different game, I genuinely don't see the issue with it as it is? It isn't massive manipulation, it's just a slight advantage that makes a bit of hard work pay off slightly ore than just getting lucky. It's definitely better than just having a free fr all too where you can just keep using the same horses over an over

There is nothing wrong from transfering a British Hunt horse into an Australian flat game to obtain charactaistics that may (and are) missing from an Australian game.
The practice that needs to be eliminated is where a trainer breeds a freak and copies are made so the horse essentially never dies.

As we know - to be a Group 1 league trainer you need to breed horses from all regions. If we agree to the new ttf rule where horses can't be transfered then maybe we need to agree that to compete in the league we must breed from the English game?

The League really is a different beast compared to the single player game. I'd go as far as saying that maybe a variant of the single player game needs to be made for online racing and breeding.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:06 am
Group 1 winner

The question is really what sort of league do we want? the elitist league we have now, the purview of the few who have the option in life to play for hours on end day after day, week after week, year after year or a more open and inclusive league that is not an entirely different beast to the single player game.

How many times have we as league players seen single players turn away from the grind of the league or gasp at how far ahead the league players horses are from those you can achieve without tff file manipulation and yet as league players we want them to join, indeed we need them to join to bring in fresh ideas, voices and volenteers, but our method of play keeps them away and us in the minority.

If I am entirely honest with myself, as much as I dislike so7, what really turns me off from continuing to play is the grind I know I must undertake to keep up with the likes of Paul, Jim and I expect John. I have a wife and now a young child, my priorities have changed, so I know I cannot complete anymore as I cannot devote the time to it, and I have no desire to go and scratch around in the handicaps so it is better for me to just call time and draw a line under it, and so7 makes that grind even harder and even more weighted to those who can pretty much devote their life to the pursuit of league horses.

And yes those who invest the most time will always have the edge, as they should, but if you limit it to a single player experiences and not allow for the endless search for that missing bar to mix with those you have, and time box the period you have to breed them, I bet we will not see dominance of all codes and all distances by the same players, I bet we shall see G1 monsters from unexpected sources, and we will also likely see a lot more returning horses and league stories unfolding too.

Breeding in So7 will kill the league in my view, those few, and I would count myself in this number, who basically don't play the single player game and just charge for full potential 3yo's with full speed and 80%+ crusing burst and then churn them out in the hundreds will be so far ahead of everyone else I sort of bet more will just walk away from it over time.

Only thing you would really need from mark, aside from the removal of the transfer option, is a rolling and incremental file save process, so you can save within game your game multiple times, rather than just have one save and one back up, which obviously is a huge risk with game crashes....................just my thoughts.

Last edited by Githyanki on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

There is nothing wrong from transfering a British Hunt horse into an Australian flat game to obtain charactaistics that may (and are) missing from an Australian game.
The practice that needs to be eliminated is where a trainer breeds a freak and copies are made so the horse essentially never dies.

As we know - to be a Group 1 league trainer you need to breed horses from all regions. If we agree to the new ttf rule where horses can't be transfered then maybe we need to agree that to compete in the league we must breed from the English game?

The League really is a different beast compared to the single player game. I'd go as far as saying that maybe a variant of the single player game needs to be made for online racing and breeding.

I got to admit I would be totally out if it was just the English game, I made all my courses and all my other bits for my US- Oz dirt game at the start of SO6 and this is the first time I got to use it and i'm loving it. I don't need or want to play any of the other countries and i'm happy just playing 1 game, I love all the stats and following all the breeding. Perhaps breeding from 1 country would put me at a disadvantage but I don't care and all my horses in SO6 are dirt breed these days and they don't do to bad. I've never played different countries looking for different things and perhaps I breed differently from other people but I never use the same horses over and over in the ttf's. I probably used my true monster stayers Allegreto and Coigach less than 10 times and they probably only had 3 or 4 full potential babies. I'm happy either way with the ttf's, I think u could still breed monsters without them in SO6 but it would be tougher in SO7 because breeding is more random. If we do have a league and whatever way it is set up i've made a decision to only have a flat team if we have one, not got the time or energy to go mad plus I'm away up my girls half the time. Whatever the decision is we need to make it the right one for all so the league has a future. I know people think u have to breed thousands and thousands to be at the top but at the top of my head I think i've breed about a 1000 ck flat horses in 3 years, I think I could go back and look because I still got all my books and that :D. Is that sad I still got all my books from the start of SO 5, don't answer that :lol:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 am
Group 1 winner

I'm with Jim we need to know now well ideally we needed to know at the start.

The fact you cant breed to game mares now added to the proposed new rule that you cant breed with
transferred horses so basically it would leave you with having to constantly go to the sales (Every single one)
which is utterly boring but you dont mind that at the start we all have to do that. Thats the only way I can see it.

It might as well just become a gamebred league.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Mark wrote:
There was a conversation here some time ago (before SO7 release) about eliminating transfered horses. I had decided to implement some code to support this and must have then added it to the instructions but the conversation had petered out so no more was done. I forgot to remove it from the instructions. So it does not have to be that way.

davylad wrote:
Offspring of horse transferred in are not currently eligible for any league play

There is a big difference between "eliminating transferred horses" and "banning offspring of transferred horses" from the League!

The TTF crash and save exploit seems to have been addressed in SO7 which might be a good thing for the League.....maybe.

Iv'e said it before, everyone wants to be a top trainer. Well it just aint going to happen.
Those prepared to grind will do better.
Volumes have been posted on how to make the League easier for the casual trainer but ive never seen a workable solution.

I have more concern over the exploit of earlier versions.
I will just wait until the full release before i start League breeding.

Unfortunately i think if you are breeding for the League now you are taking a big gamble.

Edit:....If Mark decides to introduce some form of restriction to League horses i hope there is a way to make it backwards compatible to earlier versions!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
it would leave you with having to constantly go to the sales (Every single one)
which is utterly boring

This is what I have to do because I have the auction bug in my game - so I have to check every auction to make sure none of my horses are being sold.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:17 pm
Site Admin

The restrictions was never fully implemented so no big deal. I'll just leave it as-is (with no restrictions). If there is a consensus to change this at a later date it can be done.

Quote:
This is what I have to do because I have the auction bug in my game - so I have to check every auction to make sure none of my horses are being sold.

I am not aware of any remaining auction bugs. Please post or email a report so it can be fixed including as much information as possible to enable me to replicate it.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:40 pm
Group 2 winner

There is a big difference between "eliminating transferred horses" and "banning offspring of transferred horses" from the League!

This is the main bit for me. Starting different games doesn't seem to me, to give anyone who plays a lot more a massive advantage. To keep starting different games an use the same horses over an over an over again is. Having it so we can transfer a horse back in once seems a pretty good compromise to me.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Mark wrote:
There was a conversation here some time ago (before SO7 release) about eliminating transfered horses. I had decided to implement some code to support this and must have then added it to the instructions but the conversation had petered out so no more was done. I forgot to remove it from the instructions. So it does not have to be that way.

davylad wrote:
Offspring of horse transferred in are not currently eligible for any league play

The TTF crash and save exploit seems to have been addressed in SO7 which might be a good thing for the League.....maybe.

Iv'e said it before, everyone wants to be a top trainer. Well it just aint going to happen.
Those prepared to grind will do better.
Volumes have been posted on how to make the League easier for the casual trainer but ive never seen a workable solution.

I have more concern over the exploit of earlier versions.
I will just wait until the full release before i start League breeding.

Unfortunately i think if you are breeding for the League now you are taking a big gamble.

Edit:....If Mark decides to introduce some form of restriction to League horses i hope there is a way to make it backwards compatible to earlier versions!

I have posted several times Jango that the patch 2 patches ago fixed the problem

Also there was never was an advantage in the first place you could always breed full bar 3YO's
but one of the patches made them harder to find which has been fixed now but there was no advantage.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
The restrictions was never fully implemented so no big deal. I'll just leave it as-is (with no restrictions). If there is a consensus to change this at a later date it can be done.

Quote:

I am not aware of any remaining auction bugs. Please post or email a report so it can be fixed including as much information as possible to enable me to replicate it.

It's in SO6. I am still playing/breeding in SO6.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next