View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 ttf file 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: ttf file
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I have posted several times Jango that the patch 2 patches ago fixed the problem

Also there was never was an advantage in the first place you could always breed full bar 3YO's
but one of the patches made them harder to find which has been fixed now but there was no advantage.

Ok good to hear. :)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Jango wrote:
Mark wrote:
There was a conversation here some time ago (before SO7 release) about eliminating transfered horses. I had decided to implement some code to support this and must have then added it to the instructions but the conversation had petered out so no more was done. I forgot to remove it from the instructions. So it does not have to be that way.

davylad wrote:
Offspring of horse transferred in are not currently eligible for any league play

There is a big difference between "eliminating transferred horses" and "banning offspring of transferred horses" from the League!

The TTF crash and save exploit seems to have been addressed in SO7 which might be a good thing for the League.....maybe.

Iv'e said it before, everyone wants to be a top trainer. Well it just aint going to happen.
Those prepared to grind will do better.
Volumes have been posted on how to make the League easier for the casual trainer but ive never seen a workable solution.

I have more concern over the exploit of earlier versions.
I will just wait until the full release before i start League breeding.

Unfortunately i think if you are breeding for the League now you are taking a big gamble.

Edit:....If Mark decides to introduce some form of restriction to League horses i hope there is a way to make it backwards compatible to earlier versions!

I have posted several times Jango that the patch 2 patches ago fixed the problem

Also there was never was an advantage in the first place you could always breed full bar 3YO's
but one of the patches made them harder to find which has been fixed now but there was no advantage.

Sorry I'm going to disagree,let's called the first lot was rated 100 and then they went down to around 90 and now they are back up to 97.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry John im lost dont understand

all I know is I'm hitting full bar 3YO alot more frequently so to me its seems the same as it was before the problems
I dont notice much difference to now and pre 0.74

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Sorry John im lost dont understand

all I know is I'm hitting full bar 3YO alot more frequently so to me its seems the same as it was before the problems
I dont notice much difference to now and pre 0.74

Well my horse I been framed had 100% potential bar in the first lot of patches then went down to around 90% and since Mark done something he's gone back up to 97% potential , gone down about 3%.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:43 pm
Group 3 winner

https://ibb.co/dBqf7Hf

https://ibb.co/JqqjYrp

The top pic is him in the early game and the second is from a couple of days ago after mark done something to improve the potential bar. :D

It is close because i just found the only other full 3yo i had and i just put him in my game and he was still full.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Interesting read and other than Doug, mostly from the upper echelons of the league have commented regarding the dreaded TTF and its ability to have one horse "live forever"

If its just going to be Deja Vu (The same trainers doing the same thing as in the past 8 seasons of S06 & before) then why bother with S07 just carry on the league as it is!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Your going to have to break the wheel, after which we can call you the mother of horses :)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Ps continue with so6 is a most agreeable and largely grind free idea.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Ps continue with so6 is a most agreeable and largely grind free idea.

This is true and for me with my breeding - I am getting closer to what is needed (not enough time to make an impact this season)

BUT

In saying that - the average new player that comes along wont have a snow flakes chance in hell to compete at any level.

For better or worse, I say we kick on with SO7.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 am
Group 3 winner

On Topic:
This thread was about TTF files and based on what ive seen i vote dont make any more changes to SO7 relating to the TTF.
If you can now breed horses with 100% realised potential then i dont see a prblem.
If the 100% horse that was breed a few patches ago has been slightly reduced then so be it.
I suspect that potential might not be as critical in SO7 as it was in SO6. (but maybe i'm wrong)

Off Topic:

NPG319 wrote:
This is true and for me with my breeding - I am getting closer to what is needed (not enough time to make an impact this season)

BUT

In saying that - the average new player that comes along wont have a snow flakes chance in hell to compete at any level.

For better or worse, I say we kick on with SO7.

I agree with Doug.

Out of all the trainers here the idea of dumping all the work put into creating a competitive SO6 stable probably stings me the most.
I have worked extremely hard and I would love nothing more than more SO6 seasons.
But realistically the sooner we make the shift to SO7 the better for the League long term.
Also i think its a good idea not to wait too long. Maybe run some SO7 exhibition events sooner than later so we can start to iron out the bumps early.
I'd hate to still see us talking about running the first SO7 season in 2020.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 am
Group 1 winner

Bet we will be though, game is still in beta, cannot imagine a league race kit is high on the agenda.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 am
Group 3 winner

The problem with putting back SO7 league is u lose the ability to attract new players, if u put it back a year by then most people will have gone off and played another game, someone needs to put a sticky in the main forum to ask if newbies want to play the league. If we can't find anyone new to play then perhaps staying on SO6 would be the best.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:10 am
Group 1 winner

Agree with Jango staying on SO6 is inevitably avoiding the inevitable unless you plan on sticking with
an SO6 League until SO8

I Know Mark said he would like to see some exhibition races befor to long to see what needs to be
done with the CK

I know some are not keen to move over to SO7 but some are also not keen to go back to SO6
what ever happens the first season of either would be a bit fragmented and maybe low on numbers.

& Moving to Stu's point about the same old players who put the most time into the league will continue to
succeed we have thrashed this out so many times but no one came up with a solution its the same with the
issue of keeping new trainers from leaving.

I know with the DCC it was really hard to get everyone into a division with trainers at the same level look
at the second division there are 6 wins between top and bottom the first 22 wins between top and bottom
no matter how you split things there is a chance there will be a dominant force in each but thats sport.

In reality I really think there is no solution to these issues.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
The problem with putting back SO7 league is u lose the ability to attract new players, if u put it back a year by then most people will have gone off and played another game, someone needs to put a sticky in the main forum to ask if newbies want to play the league. If we can't find anyone new to play then perhaps staying on SO6 would be the best.

How would you word it though John we are no where near ready for a new league so to call for new players who maybe
would show interest then to tell them that we most likely wont have a league for at least 3 to 6 months might be off putting
Alot of people who play the game dont come to the forum or read the instructions.

Maybe something like an ad in the game on the saves page might be better.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

& Moving to Stu's point about the same old players who put the most time into the league will continue to
succeed we have thrashed this out so many times but no one came up with a solution its the same with the
issue of keeping new trainers from leaving.

Not really what I was saying, I have no problem with people putting in the time, what I dislike as many others do, is the use of multiple copies of one horse used after they should of been long gone, this is the TTF issue, not the transferring of horses from one game to another, it is using the same MARE for eternity! This has to stop!

Put in the time without this and you deserve to be at the top, but multiple copies of the same horse abused! (animal rights, would have a field day with this lol) and imo is totally incorrect in the spirit of the league game.

It is not hard to accept or rocket science, you cannot have 10 copies of the same MARE in the barn! sorry for trying to make it a little more realistic.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next