View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 ttf file 
Handicapper

Post Re: ttf file
Hi.

I’ve never played in the league before, but I would like to if at some time there was an SO7 league. It sounds fun and competitive. I wouldn’t mind a 3 to 6 months wait, as I’m not really getting anywhere with little ventures in breeding, so that would give me a chance to get something together.

Never played in the league in SO6 to be honest it sounded daunting.

Personally all I’d need was clear instructions on what to do (step by step) if possible on:
1) how you create a stable for the league / create an account
2) how you upload horses to the league and how you enter them in races
3) how you export them to the race builder and what you do from there.
4) who do I ask / where do I go if I need help

Yasmin

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

& Moving to Stu's point about the same old players who put the most time into the league will continue to
succeed we have thrashed this out so many times but no one came up with a solution its the same with the
issue of keeping new trainers from leaving.

Not really what I was saying, I have no problem with people putting in the time, what I dislike as many others do, is the use of multiple copies of one horse used after they should of been long gone, this is the TTF issue, not the transferring of horses from one game to another, it is using the same MARE for eternity! This has to stop!

Put in the time without this and you deserve to be at the top, but multiple copies of the same horse abused! (animal rights, would have a field day with this lol) and imo is totally incorrect in the spirit of the league game.

It is not hard to accept or rocket science, you cannot have 10 copies of the same MARE in the barn! sorry for trying to make it a little more realistic.

But this is no longer possible Stu

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi.

I’ve never played in the league before, but I would like to if at some time there was an SO7 league. It sounds fun and competitive. I wouldn’t mind a 3 to 6 months wait, as I’m not really getting anywhere with little ventures in breeding, so that would give me a chance to get something together.

Personally all I’d need was clear instructions on what to do (step by step) if possible on:

Yasmin

Ask and you shall recieve.. :lol:

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 am
Group 1 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi.

Yasmin

Hi Yasmine when the league is ready you do the following

1) you register your stable at Tom > http://startersordersonlineleague.com/#/
2) you upload your horses on Tom before the start of the season its very easy you
just have to fill in a small form for each horse gender distance homebred/gamebred etc
3) Once you export your horses to the racebuilder you need to trial you horses there you
need to set up trail races fill in age distance track going and then see who your best horses
are at each distance.
4) If you need any help here is the place or you can even email me if you want some advice and
tips

I can go into more details on each if you would find that helpful maybe have a look round TOM to
get an idea on things oh and welcome

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

& Moving to Stu's point about the same old players who put the most time into the league will continue to
succeed we have thrashed this out so many times but no one came up with a solution its the same with the

Not really what I was saying, I have no problem with people putting in the time, what I dislike as many others do, is the use of multiple copies of one horse used after they should of been long gone, this is the TTF issue, not the transferring of horses from one game to another, it is using the same MARE for eternity! This has to stop!

Put in the time without this and you deserve to be at the top, but multiple copies of the same horse abused! (animal rights, would have a field day with this lol) and imo is totally incorrect in the spirit of the league game.

It is not hard to accept or rocket science, you cannot have 10 copies of the same MARE in the barn! sorry for trying to make it a little more realistic.

But this is no longer possible Stu

I'll get my coat ;)

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I'll get my coat

Watch the door mate has a rapid hinge on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its all good mate good to iron things out now

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I like to distill things down to basics.

So....

1/ We need an indication how far away a SO7 version of the race kit is from Mark.

2/ Does TOM need modifying to handle the SO7 exported horse files and if it does need work, how long will that take?

The answers to these question will help decide how far away the first season of SO7 can be and if perhaps we consider a gap SO6 season.

I accept there is a split between those that want to continue with SO6 and those that want to adopt SO7.
SO7 will not magically change the domination of some players or cushion the reality shock new trainers experience.
But long term a SO6 League will slowly wither.

Last edited by Jango on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi.

Yasmin

2) you upload your horses on Tom before the start of the season its very easy you
just have to fill in a small form for each horse gender distance homebred/gamebred etc
3) Once you export your horses to the racebuilder you need to trial you horses there you
need to set up trail races fill in age distance track going and then see who your best horses
are at each distance.
4) If you need any help here is the place or you can even email me if you want some advice and
tips

I can go into more details on each if you would find that helpful maybe have a look round TOM to

It would be great if you could go in to more detail PJ. Thank you. I think it’s daunting for people who think about joining the league because you guys do it so well and know what you are doing, and I think sometimes if your new you don’t want to ask because the question you want an answer sounds stupid, and it’s something you think you should know the answer to yourself and you don’t.

And, I think it scares new players in a way, as when I started playing SO6 I looked on the website under league and it was like wow no not doing that, it’s way to complicated, just play the game. But to be honest now I think after looking at the forum the game and the league go together, if you put time and effort in you can master the game and I think after that the game gets boring and the league adds another dimension. Which is great.

Yasmin

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am
Group 3 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:

It would be great if you could go in to more detail PJ. Thank you. I think it’s daunting for people who think about joining the league because you guys do it so well and know what you are doing, and I think sometimes if your new you don’t want to ask because the question you want an answer sounds stupid, and it’s something you think you should know the answer to yourself and you don’t.

And, I think it scares new players in a way, as when I started playing SO6 I looked on the website under league and it was like wow no not doing that, it’s way to complicated, just play the game. But to be honest now I think after looking at the forum the game and the league go together, if you put time and effort in you can master the game and I think after that the game gets boring and the league adds another dimension. Which is great.

Yasmin

I repeat! :lol:

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Mind you this applies for SO6 but i imagine its similar enough to be informative. :D

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks Yasmin for coming in here. Paul this is why we need to put a sticky in the main group to try to engage with people like Yasmin, I bet people read what we write in here and think it's a click and are just looking after each other. We need newbies when SO7 comes out and we need to engage and include in what we decided going forward.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am
Group 3 winner

And boys will u stop bloody arguing because u not helping the league if new people come in here and see what u doing. Yasmin if u ever need any help then i'm sure some people will help u.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am
Group 2 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi.

Yasmin

are at each distance.
tips

Yasmin

Hi Yasmin, it is possible to just play the game and take part in the league, me and a few others do this.
Sure you won't be able to compete at the top table in the group races with the likes of Paul, John, Josh, Steve, Jim and others but there are plenty of low grade handicaps to race in. If you have horses that are multiple group 1 winners in your home game then the likelihood is that there are races for them to be competitive in and win.
I do not have the time (or probably the inclination) to grind out hundreds of hours of breeding but the league is a fun distraction from normal life and I have won my share of races.
Darren

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 am
Group 1 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi.

Yasmin

Hi Yasmin

My only advice for joining the SO7 league is to keep one game for single player only and play it as you always do - have fun with that game. But start a second game that is solely for the league and just concentrate on breeding only and skipping your way through the seasons - don't worry about racing 2, 3 or 4yos and just race your 5yos in a few races and concentrate on breeding full potential, extra speed and as much cruising burst as you can.
To be highly competitive in the league you can't treat the game like your single player - it's all about breeding.
But like Darren said - if you have a multiple Group 1 winning horse in your game, it 'should' be competitive in the lower handicap races.

Don't hesitate to ask questions in here - 'the knowledge' is freely shared aound in the forums. There is a few ways to find success - it's just a matter of working out what suits you the best.

Doug

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:01 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
Interesting read and other than Doug, mostly from the upper echelons of the league have commented regarding the dreaded TTF and its ability to have one horse "live forever"

If its just going to be Deja Vu (The same trainers doing the same thing as in the past 8 seasons of S06 & before) then why bother with S07 just carry on the league as it is!

When I say, it's ok the way it is, I mean in SO7 now, not in the SO6 league. I want it to stay so a horse can only transfer games once, then that's it, no more. I agree that being able to use it over an over shouldn't exist.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:19 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

100% agree with this, an the way SO7 works at the minute seems a very good solution to me, can't see it needing much tweaking

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next