View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Full realised potential horses. Do any of you other players out there see any? Many? Some? Not at all? Is there a certain country perhaps that produces them? Just curious at what you all are getting.

I regrouped a new game after a patch and now my only save is a game where I only buy and breed and race 5-6 fur horses. Save slot 1 = 5-6 fur horses. Other saves will be 7-8 fur and 9-10 fur and so on. My schedule has all the premier races from every nationality and all the best 5-6fur horses come from the Australian code.

I just bought this breeding mare at the sale and she's the best potential horse I've seen so far.

Wed May 22, 2019 7:29 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Full realised potential horses. Do any of you other players out there see any? Many? Some? Not at all? Is there a certain country perhaps that produces them? Just curious at what you all are getting.

I'm 10 seasons in and i seemed to have stalled at 90% realised potential.
I was lucky to find a stallion in another stud farm to breed with that really boosted the bars.
Unfortunately he has retired now so the hunt is on for a replacement.
Unless i can find a 100% potential horse or i get a random increase that bumps up to 100% i will have to consider exporting my good 90% horses to the game pool until i get lucky.

My tactics do far have been to buy anything half good from the Breeding Mare auctions and pairing them with top stallions from other farms.

Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 am
Selling plater

I'm .... god knows how many seasons in across about 10 different games (send to game pool, bring back in to new game... I play on two different machines so have to merge every once in a while).

I've bred 100% full and realized potential horses, but not until they're 5yo. Many of these horses did not fully realize their 1/2/3yo potential bars but really grew at 4yo.

I'll dig back through my save games... if I find one to show I'll add it to this post.

In general, when breeding I've pretty much stalled at 90% potential horses as well... although I *did* breed a (only once) 92% potential horse but its secondary stats were absolute junk so I didn't keep it.

EDIT: Can't find the one I'm looking for, but here's one that's 98%, only reached at 5yo:

Wed May 22, 2019 7:12 pm
Group 3 winner

I had a game tonight the first time in over a month and i think the potential bar has gone down , i had to patch up about 10 but it seems to have gone down a bit.

I just had the best gamebred horse i've seen in my game enter stud and hopefully he'll be decent , not seen a very good unbeaten gamebred in a few starters orders games. I just hope he stays in the computer breeding barn a few years, nothing worse than having a good one in there and they last a year.

image upload

Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm
Selling plater

Based on the comments above and my experience I do wonder if 100 potential horses are currently possible.

Logically it would make sense to me that any 100 potential horses that may exist would produce offspring that are not 100 (maybe a 100 sire with a 70 mare would produce a 90 offspring or whatever). Then any 100 potential horses that may exist may retire. Then, if the AI are breeding just like us, there are no 100 potential horses out there anymore. And if there are no 100 horses out there, there is no way to reach 100 anymore.

Of course I make assumptions (the big one is the offspring won't be better than one of its parents -- which to the best of my experience I have never seen a horse be better than its parents).

I wonder if I should just give up on potential and target the other attributes because of this.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 am
Group 1 winner

its very possible I Can assure you I have even bred totally new lines since last patch from gamebreds

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

image post site

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I've played 20+seasons since the newest patches and never once seen a horse 100% potential. This is buying every 2yo at the start of season auctions, along with buying every horse during the season from every sale. I'm seriously thinking it's just not possible now. This spans across a UK game, US game, AUS game, and an IRE game. Not one of them has seen anything close to 100% yet, buying probably thousands of horses.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:04 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I've played 20+seasons since the newest patches and never once seen a horse 100% potential. This is buying every 2yo at the start of season auctions, along with buying every horse during the season from every sale. I'm seriously thinking it's just not possible now. This spans across a UK game, US game, AUS game, and an IRE game. Not one of them has seen anything close to 100% yet, buying probably thousands of horses.

It is possible I have done it myself several times I even started from scratch to get new bloodline and have
now got new full bar 3YO's and once they breed with each other they regularly produce full bar 3YO

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

It is possible I have done it myself several times I even started from scratch to get new bloodline and have
now got new full bar 3YO's and once they breed with each other they regularly produce full bar 3YO

Hi. I’ve managed to get a 100% potential starter horse, was 90% at 2 when I started a new game.

Yasmin

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:04 am
Group 3 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

Hi. I’ve managed to get a 100% potential starter horse, was 90% at 2 when I started a new game.

Yasmin
. Breed him to death if u entering the league.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Selling plater

As a follow-up to this: What was the realized % for that horse? Did it make the full 90 / 100%?

I have had horses (usually fillies) that have 90% potential at birth but are only at 30% realized. Clearly, racing these horses is pointless so I send them to stud when they turn 2. Many of these fillies reach 100% potential at 4/5yo, but obviously their realized % doesn't go up.

Now, let's say I have a 5/6yo stallion that's made a full 100% realized bar and breed him with this 30/100% mare. What kinds of overall potential / realized ability could I expect from such a pairing?

I've noticed that the deeper I go into breeding that if I focus solely on getting 100% potential by 4/5yo that the horses I wind up breeding - pretty much 0% of them will fully make their 2yo potential bar. Is this because I've gotten away from making sure that the horses I'm breeding are within 15% difference between realized and potential (ie they'll make their full 2yo potential bar), or is that completely not a factor and it's just luck?

EDIT: I've started a completely new game to try and help my main-line game with new blood and to test my above theory.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 am
Selling plater

kniesh wrote:

I’m the same, have bought everything in Uk, USA and Ireland must be close to 5000 horses and not anything 100 potential !
Ex speed the best I have is around 80
Cursing burst 70
Only thing l get is full finishing app and consistency!
Multiple games and restarts and no 100 pot right up too 5yo ?

Game it be the game updates not working or what ??

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm
Selling plater

Mwestwood wrote:

As an armchair game designer, I'd make sure that restarting the game constantly trying to find a 100% potential horse is the kind of thing that a player *couldn't* do to short-cut the realism of the game. Playing the game that way is not the experience that Mark is looking to provide his players, nor should he based on his goals and vision for the game.

Those of us who use these tactics, while a perfectly valid way to play the game (because your way of playing is just as valid as any other, but I draw the line at blatant cheating), is not the intended play style that Mark is designing for. So, we have to work harder to try and get around the game systems that are in place.

Regarding whether the game is working for the purposes of finding or breeding 100% realized and potential horses, with some hiccups it seems to be functioning as I would expect. Mark's made it harder to create these kind of super-horse beasts in SO7 to add additional realism and challenge to the player.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:39 pm
Selling plater

nighthawk wrote:
Mwestwood wrote:

As an armchair game designer, I'd make sure that restarting the game constantly trying to find a 100% potential horse is the kind of thing that a player *couldn't* do to short-cut the realism of the game. Playing the game that way is not the experience that Mark is looking to provide his players, nor should he based on his goals and vision for the game.

Those of us who use these tactics, while a perfectly valid way to play the game (because your way of playing is just as valid as any other, but I draw the line at blatant cheating), is not the intended play style that Mark is designing for. So, we have to work harder to try and get around the game systems that are in place.

Regarding whether the game is working for the purposes of finding or breeding 100% realized and potential horses, with some hiccups it seems to be functioning as I would expect. Mark's made it harder to create these kind of super-horse beasts in SO7 to add additional realism and challenge to the player.

Hi pal,

I fully understand what you are saying and in fact it’s what the game draws many players in is tomfind that special horse! The point I’m trying to make is by this topic alone I see the same players hitting 100% potential horses in some cases very very often and then a few like myself who have put hours into the game and bought every single horse and have not even got close to that ?
Is the game that varied that a certain version can create these special horses horses and not in others ???
It’s not a complaint I love SO and think 7 is the most detailed and deep yet BUT it seems to work with some people techniques and not others which is a bit crazy ? If I had found 1 95% horse or maybe a 90% after 5000 horses but to not find one and then return to the forum to see screenshots of players having 5 or 6 of them just is a bit baffling

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next