View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 When will the first SO7 season be? 
Selling plater

Post When will the first SO7 season be?
I'm finally starting to get some viable horses through in SO7. Although they aren't 100 potentials yet they are getting maxing out their potential bars and I believe my first 100 potentials will be soon.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: When will the first SO7 season be?
A long long way away, if ever in my view.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am
Group 1 winner

I don't think it will be soon.
Not sure if TOM will work with the new SO7 files or not.

There would have to be a trial race day so keep an eye out for that.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 am
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:

Will do, thanks

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm
Group 1 winner

CRDC wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Will do, thanks

and keep breeding :-)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Lets hope this will be another league. :D

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

On the Home Page is a count down to next League Season this is the date the SO7 First Season must be started by or it wont be until Next Year as this Date will give us a Xmas Break after Week 5 if we are ready earlier then we can start earlier. Once the league is over I will test if a so7 Horse file can be loaded into Tom then if that's ok just wait for racekit from Mark but that is a few months awat I expect while he sort out bugs.

Gray

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Lets hope we can have one before that and every thing works.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 pm
Group 3 winner

Gray

Are there any plans to change the format of the SO7 league?
For example:
Allowing new trainers to join anytime after the season starts. (not just the mid season window)
More chances to upload new horses into the stable. Say 2 retire and uploads every 2 weeks.
Making G2 and G3 a handicap.
I can go on....
But its my feeling that making things more flexible could help the League and the trainer numbers.

Cheers

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 am
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
Gray

For example:
Allowing new trainers to join anytime after the season starts. (not just the mid season window)
More chances to upload new horses into the stable. Say 2 retire and uploads every 2 weeks.
I can go on....
But its my feeling that making things more flexible could help the League and the trainer numbers.

Cheers
I think if we start one up in November then there's a chance the newbies will disappear and play some other new game and i'm not in favour of a new window every 2 weeks because it will be a nightmare for the league runners. It takes the first 2 weeks for the files to bed down and for u not having to worry about if they are right or working, every week would be a nightmare if it was a 2 week window.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 am
Group 3 winner

I think if we start one up in November then there's a chance the newbies will disappear and play some other new game and i'm not in favour of a new window every 2 weeks because it will be a nightmare for the league runners. It takes the first 2 weeks for the files to bed down and for u not having to worry about if they are right or working, every week would be a nightmare if it was a 2 week window.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean about the newbies disappearing.
Are you in favor of an earlier start to the next season?

Maybe i am mistaken but i thought the issues related around corrupt horse files was a result of mass updating of the rating after they were uploaded.
If it is made clear that unless a trainer updates the rating prior to uploading, that horse will not run, which should fix that issue.

If a trainer be it new or existing decides to join the league only to find out they have missed the window and must wait months before they can join.
That is discouraging.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Gray

For example:
I can go on....

Cheers

It is Impossible to have New trainers uploading Stables during the Season this means opening up Uploads and I cant stop Current league players loading up new Horses if they have space in the stable already it also Means I will have to download the new Horse files weekly check them and load them back up we have only three windows in Tom to Download New Files Week 1 Week2 and Week5. I will not be able to get anymore after week 5 without Leon going back into Tom and building new Windows so it will have to be in the weeks I can get them.

And with the restrictions of the above statement will mean the later Comments are answered in my first Post Steve.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
I think if we start one up in November then there's a chance the newbies will disappear and play some other new game and i'm not in favour of a new window every 2 weeks because it will be a nightmare for the league runners. It takes the first 2 weeks for the files to bed down and for u not having to worry about if they are right or working, every week would be a nightmare if it was a 2 week window.

Maybe i am mistaken but i thought the issues related around corrupt horse files was a result of mass updating of the rating after they were uploaded.
If it is made clear that unless a trainer updates the rating prior to uploading, that horse will not run, which should fix that issue.

If a trainer be it new or existing decides to join the league only to find out they have missed the window and must wait months before they can join.
That is discouraging.[/quote]
If u look on Tom I think the start date would be around mid to end of November, I think that's to late if every thing works as normal ( who knows if it will). The normal players who want to enter next league season will stay around but will the newbies lose interest and go else where, there seems to be few newbies who want to enter and we really need new blood to keep the league going. Is there any chance of starting in September/October, if there is then i'd be all for it.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Jango wrote:

That is discouraging.

If u look on Tom I think the start date would be around mid to end of November, I think that's to late if every thing works as normal ( who knows if it will). The normal players who want to enter next league season will stay around but will the newbies lose interest and go else where, there seems to be few newbies who want to enter and we really need new blood to keep the league going. Is there any chance of starting in September/October, if there is then i'd be all for it.[/quote]

To Start earlier you will need to make sure you end Before Xmas so to do that the League must Start by September 20th without a Break betwwen Wee5 and 6.

Gray

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

We will probably need a trial at some stage to make sure this all works - maybe make it a two week affair to whet everyone's appetite. Will be a good pointer for all the new players as well and it will give them a chance to improve their stable if need be before the official season.

Last edited by NPG319 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next