View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
NPG319 wrote:
I do feel that league horses that originate from the country their game is played on perform just a little better when running on their home tracks in the league - just something I have noticed over the past few years.

When i first heard you suggest that i was doubtful.
But at the start of this season i was confident you were correct.
Whether it is the type of turf or something else i'm not sure.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:37 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
I do feel that league horses that originate from the country their game is played on perform just a little better when running on their home tracks in the league - just something I have noticed over the past few years.

When i first heard you suggest that i was doubtful.
But at the start of this season i was confident you were correct.
Whether it is the type of turf or something else i'm not sure.

I think (by accident) it mimmicks real life. Our 10f/2000m horses run on flat tracks in the game but the English trainers 10f horse run on some quite hilly tracks. So a trainer like Paul or Josh have horses primed perfectly for 10f at Ascot but when that horse runs on an Australian track it is more like 9f because it is flat and when your 10f horse runs at Ascot it's more like 11f.

There 'may be' something in the coding of the game where a horse/s - for want of a better word 'recognise' particular tracks or regions and run at their optimum on those tracks.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:57 am
Group 1 winner

Well four winners for the week - I think that is my best ever weekly result. I had a winner in England, France, Japan and South Africa - I am very happy with that outcome.
This has also been my most successful season to date and Art Go was my first ever sprint winner who won the second last race of the SO6 League.

Well done to all the volunteers for not only pulling off this season but all the past SO6 League seasons and a big thanks to my fellow musketeers for the smoothest season yet for organising race calls - it was a bit chaotic at times but never out of control or stressful.

Well done to all the trainers who stuck it out - especially the smaller trainers who may have had limited to little success - I believe the lower handicap races were the most competitive they've ever been with very healthy sized fields each week.

Finally I'd just like to say that I think this will be it for me doing comms. I've really enjoyed doing them and I always rev up for an exciting finish but I'm not sure if they are relevant or if anyone really listens to them any more. It looks like SO7 has an automated caller and using that might streamline the job for the race runners and Gray - just one less middle man to deal with. I've had SO7 for at least 6 months now and I haven't even finished my first season - I'm feeling burnt out to be honest and my enthusiasm to play the game, let alone breed a league stable is really low. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy just racing all the time in the lower handicaps again and I am not sure I'd enjoy aimlessly breeding to be competitive at Group level.

Nothing set in stone. And one last shout out to Manuel - the trainer from South America who stuck it out - we've briefly chatted on and off over the last two seasons and it was really rewarding to see him finally get a winner with his Nat Geo Girl.

Doug.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am
Group 3 winner

I wonder how many others are retiring from the league, perhaps there's not enough players left to play the league.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 am
Group 1 winner

3 Winners today 2 on the flat which made me champion flat trainer by £ Prizemoney won
when it looked yesterday that Jango had it in the bag.

Freemantle Express
Won the temple Stakes Duke Of York & Kings Stand earlier in the
season finishes off winning the worlds richest sprint which was a huge
win for me.

Anne Of Troy
Hit the bar in the Oaks but won the Arc Irish Oaks and added the
Crown Oaks to her CV.

Invictus Maxamus
Fished off the season in style with his 6th winner of the season
and has won bumpers hurdles and chases a very versatile horse.

Season Overview

A Quick Review
Flat
Only having one sub for the window made the second half of the season
a very tough one but to finish on 20 G1 wins for the season was beyond
any expectations 12 of my flat team won G1s this season that has to be
a PB for me. I was up there all season but the Morgan Machine stretched
away in the final few weeks and congratulations to John. I see the season
as a huge success I only failed to get a win into 3 of my 26 flat team & I
Doubt I will ever get near that again. In terms of my history in the league
this was my 3rd best season ever.

Stable Star
Stonehenge 10 Races 4 Wins 5 Places

National Hunt
In terms of winners this was my best ever season over the sticks with 70
winners beating my PB by 10 wins. Only 2 of my 30 national hunt team
finished the season winless I think thats my best achievement in my
league history. Early on it looked like it was going to be a close battle
for the championship but again having no new recruits in the window
proved detremental to my chances. In the second half of the season
Josh Powered away and well done to him he put together an exceptional
season and in terms of Jumps winners I'm sure thats a new record. Again
I see this season as a huge success for me.

Stable Star
Oh Ruby 12 Races 7 Wins 4 Places

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I wonder how many others are retiring from the league, perhaps there's not enough players left to play the league.

There seems to be a few new players coming through. I think most SO6 trainers will go again but of course there will be some who don't.

There is an excellent oppertunity for current mid to lower level trainers to get the jump in the new league if they have the desire to do it. I think there will be a new batch of Group level trainers in SO7.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghosty wrote:

There seems to be a few new players coming through. I think most SO6 trainers will go again but of course there will be some who don't.

There is an excellent oppertunity for current mid to lower level trainers to get the jump in the new league if they have the desire to do it. I think there will be a new batch of Group level trainers in SO7.

There will be big changes and just because u was top in one of the other leagues doesn't mean u top in the next one. I'm semi retiring, my jumpers are now finished ( no time) and my flat team will be small with just a few and Josh doesn't like the game and could be gone. I'm sure there are some newbies up for the battle to be up at the top. Will any of the real old trainers come back for the SO7!!!

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Josh doesn't like the game and could be gone.

Quite possible, I have not played it for months and having rediscovered my love for Elite Dangerous it is not getting a look in with my more limited play time. Not sure I got much beyond 80% potential and everything else was awful. Why it was nice go out with a bang in this league, if the league itself went out with a whimper.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks everyone for another great season. Last week was good for me with seven wins. I think this has been my best season in the league. Won a G1 and 38 races altogether.

I am very thankful for the hard work the team are doing for making the league a reality. In hope you enjoy a well deserved break now.

I will definitely join a SO7-league and I really hope it will be a reality.

Enjoy the summer, everyone!

Daniel

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120