View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Breeding for the SO7 league 
Handicapper

Post Breeding for the SO7 league
Hi all, I want to start breeding for the SO7 league so I can join in and have some fun! I’ve got a 100% potential stallion, but what potential mares do I send to him - what is a decent starting point?

Also below are my stallions stats, what’s bars are best to focus on improving to get winners in the league?

Name: American Smooth
Rating: 126
Disposition: Normal
Breeding indicator: 6f
Average Win Distance: 6.79f

Breeding:
Sire: 5f
Dam: 8.3f

Stats:
Speed: 100%
Stamina: 11%
Acceleration: 90%
Start: 60%
Potential: 100%
Battling Qualities: 10%
Constitution: 60%
Confidence: 65%
Cruising Burst: 55%
Extra Speed Rating: 70%
Deterioration: 70%
Enthusiasm: 30%
Finish Application: 50%
Consistency: 100%
Distance Adaptability: 50%
Going / Surface Adaptability: 65%
Juvenile Constitution: 12.5%

Thanks in advance,
Yasmin

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding for the SO7 league
Speed
potential
cruise bar
anything else is a bonus
better trainers will tell you more or maybe wont lol

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Pretty much as Del said - keep potential and speed at 100% and keep your cruising burst as high as you can get it and you 'should' be ok in the league.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 am
Handicapper

AS the guys have said, Potential\Extra Speed\Cruising Burst are the most important in that order for Flat horses. I only breed for the league and so far I have done about 300 seasons of breeding to get this horse.

What is really important is once you have horses with good bars is deciding which horses to breed with.

At the end of each season I export that seasons horses to the CK, (sometimes called the construction kit or race builder), and trial those horses. How a horse performs in the main game races is sometimes totally different from how they perform in the CK. The CK gives a more accurate indication of how horses will perform in the league.

I only breed the best CK horses and it has proven very successfull in the league.

Jim

Edit: Just trialled this horse in the CK and I won't be breeding with him as I have horses that perform better in the CK.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:42 am
Group 1 winner

Bloody hell :shock: Is this an SO7 horse?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:10 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
Bloody hell :shock: Is this an SO7 horse?

Yes an SO7 horse but remember I only breed for the league and it has taken about 300 seasons of fast breeding. The horse above is a front runner and was very successfull in the main game but in the CK the horse that finished 2nd to him most of the time was an even paced horse and was far better in the CK.

The main problem is that since I managed to get horses with these type of bars, about 30 seasons, only about 12 have actually realised their full potential. Most of my horses are in the 60 - 80% realised potential bracket and probably no good in the league.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 am
Handicapper

Thanks guys for the reply’s. I’m looking for mares to breed with him, what potential should I look for?

Yasmin

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 am
Group 1 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Thanks guys for the reply’s. I’m looking for mares to breed with him, what potential should I look for?

Yasmin

With the highest you can find.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 am
Group 2 winner

Christ Jim, those Stats insane. I've now played over 50 seasons easy, buying every horse, an still not got one 100% potential horse. Getting close to just packing in now.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am
Handicapper

kniesh wrote:
Christ Jim, those Stats insane. I've now played over 50 seasons easy, buying every horse, an still not got one 100% potential horse. Getting close to just packing in now.

Most of these full bars I didn't get from buying horses at auction, they came from either starting loads of new saved games or from breeding with gamebred stallions in the barn.

This is how my saved games are organised.

Like I said it has taken about 300 seasons, but I use a small schedule that only lasts 5 months and you can get thru a season quickly. Also the horse above has now been sold at auction as a 7yo. I did this with lots of different top class horses throughout the various seasons hoping that the AI would use them for breeding and their better prodgeny would come into the game\barn. Sometimes the AI retires them but at the moment there are 4 horses like this in the barn which I have sold to other trainers. Also another 2 horses in the barn who are decendants of a horse I sold at auction.

I have 3 saved games going just now, a UK flat game and a US flat game, both about 50 seasons old, that are used only for breeding my mares to gamebred stallions. When I find a stallion from one of these saves that looks like a good prospect I retire him to the gamepool and bring the horse into my main game which is about 120 seasons old and breed the heck out of them.

I have had a few other temporary saved games that lasted only about 15 - 20 seasons that I used at the start of my breeding program when I found a horse with one good bar. I put this stallion in the temporary game along with about 10 mares until the new bar starting to breed true and then imported the first good stallion I bred into my main game.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:

Yep.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:28 pm
Group 3 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
AS the guys have said, Potential\Extra Speed\Cruising Burst are the most important in that order for Flat horses. I only breed for the league and so far I have done about 300 seasons of breeding to get this horse.

What is really important is once you have horses with good bars is deciding which horses to breed with.

At the end of each season I export that seasons horses to the CK, (sometimes called the construction kit or race builder), and trial those horses. How a horse performs in the main game races is sometimes totally different from how they perform in the CK. The CK gives a more accurate indication of how horses will perform in the league.

I only breed the best CK horses and it has proven very successfull in the league.

Jim

Edit: Just trialled this horse in the CK and I won't be breeding with him as I have horses that perform better in the CK.

cracking horse our jim
ive done 19 seasons .. no where near that .. could not get those bars in SO6 ... so SO7 got no chance

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:27 pm
Group 3 winner

My nasty post,sorry!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 am
Handicapper

I think American Smooth, is going to be a good stallion only bred him with 80% mares with a few 85%+ and in its first season I got 20 yearlings and kept 11. In its second season I got 22 yearlings kept 17. All 80%+ potential.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am
Group 2 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
kniesh wrote:

Most of these full bars I didn't get from buying horses at auction, they came from either starting loads of new saved games or from breeding with gamebred stallions in the barn.

This is how my saved games are organised.

Like I said it has taken about 300 seasons, but I use a small schedule that only lasts 5 months and you can get thru a season quickly. Also the horse above has now been sold at auction as a 7yo. I did this with lots of different top class horses throughout the various seasons hoping that the AI would use them for breeding and their better prodgeny would come into the game\barn. Sometimes the AI retires them but at the moment there are 4 horses like this in the barn which I have sold to other trainers. Also another 2 horses in the barn who are decendants of a horse I sold at auction.

I have 3 saved games going just now, a UK flat game and a US flat game, both about 50 seasons old, that are used only for breeding my mares to gamebred stallions. When I find a stallion from one of these saves that looks like a good prospect I retire him to the gamepool and bring the horse into my main game which is about 120 seasons old and breed the heck out of them.

I have had a few other temporary saved games that lasted only about 15 - 20 seasons that I used at the start of my breeding program when I found a horse with one good bar. I put this stallion in the temporary game along with about 10 mares until the new bar starting to breed true and then imported the first good stallion I bred into my main game.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Cheers Jim, so you saying you still see horses from just starting an restarting games with 100% pot? Thought I read somewhere this was useless now, so I haven't tried that way yet.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next