View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Its all gone very quiet all of a sudden 
Group 1 winner

Post Its all gone very quiet all of a sudden
Hi all blimey when you get out of a habbit of not doing something that also becomes a habbit
have not been on the site for a week and then maybe 2 weeks before that.

Gray
Hope you and your team are enjoying a well earned break

Has there been any plans put in place for the next season of the league as i have not seen
anything or just missed it.

Will there be any new rules or major changes to the schedule.

Mark
Any updates on the league front or are you wanting to wait and see
how exhibition races go (To Test everything first)

Thanks in advance to you both

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Its all gone very quiet all of a sudden
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Hi all blimey when you get out of a habbit of not doing something that also becomes a habbit
have not been on the site for a week and then maybe 2 weeks before that.

Gray
Hope you and your team are enjoying a well earned break

Has there been any plans put in place for the next season of the league as i have not seen
anything or just missed it.

Will there be any new rules or major changes to the schedule.

Thanks in advance to you both

Not yet Paul we are going to need a New Race Kit and until that is available i cant plan on the first season of SO7 i am hoping now it looks like the bugs in beta are getting fewer Mark will let us know when he might be able to work on one so it all depends on getting a new race Kit and then a couple of Trials testing the new Kit can be put forward.

I got the feeling the only thing that will be different in SO7 in a lowering of some handicap Bands in the jumps game to try and stop most Horses being out of the handicap due to 160 horses running in some handicaps and most of the field running on bottom weight ie 120 and 90 rated horses on the same weight but must be just some handicaps Not all.

Also we might not get any coms anymore i think Doug is fed up with them and i dont know what Martin and Stu are planning or if we get some more Volunteers to do some to help with the load in all Paul earliest and most unlikely September and to have a league again this Season must be done by November and the days that must be done by is on Toms Home Page.

Gray

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Many thanks Gray

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm not fed up with doing the calls - I don't think anyone really listens to them and aren't relevant any more.

When the League gets up and running again and there is a genuine want by the majority of League trainers to have some race calls then I am open to doing some of the bigger races or Paul Moores and Starters Orders finals type races but as I mentioned some weeks ago - it just might be easier to use the in game comms to simplify the whole process for yourself Gray and the race runners.

From a trainer point of view, I really doubt I will be involved racing horses in the league. SO7 is on my pc but I can't even stomach the thought of opening it. The menu's don't seem to flow and I find it all frustrating. Then I read the forums about breeding and the top trainers are so far down the track that I am already six months behind and the desire to try and catch up is non existent and trying to win 0-75 races has lost its appeal.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:52 am
Group 1 winner

Doug i listen to them and really enjoy them and used to love the preview shows for big meets

I think replays without comms would be very very dull and cant stand the computer voice i turned it off after and hour

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Doug i listen to them and really enjoy them and used to love the preview shows for big meets

I think replays without comms would be very very dull and cant stand the computer voice i turned it off after and hour

I know you enjoy them Paul - but if I/we are only doing them for three people who enjoy them then it's not worth my/our time.
Early in SO6 the forums would buzz after a weeks racing - now it's tumble weeds and has been the last 3 seasons.

Good thing is there seems to be a few new trainers coming through which is good for the League.

PS we do miss doing the preview shows as we love the banter between us but we aren't as free as we were in the past and coupled with the fact that the silence after doing them in the forums made us wonder if anyone is really listening to them.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I know you enjoy them Paul - but if I/we are only doing them for three people who enjoy them then it's not worth my/our time.
Early in SO6 the forums would buzz after a weeks racing - now it's tumble weeds and has been the last 3 seasons.

Good thing is there seems to be a few new trainers coming through which is good for the League.

PS we do miss doing the preview shows as we love the banter between us but we aren't as free as we were in the past and coupled with the fact that the silence after doing them in the forums made us wonder if anyone is really listening to them.

Thats fair enough Doug I always made sure I thanked you all every time but i am only one person
and agree not worth while if your not getting the numbers to make it worthwhile which is disappointing
If they are a thing of the past I for one will really miss them as they added so much if that is the case
I'd like to thank you all for making the last 5 season so fantastic.

It feels like the end of an era

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I really enjoyed the comms too. Both you, Doug, Martin and Stu have your own distinctive way of commentating that adds a lot to the experience. And Doug, you are always supporting and appreciative of other trainers wins and successes, especially I feel you root for us middle and lower tier trainers.

It feels like and end to an era, and I feel I only got to be part of the last bit of that era. I think a lot changed when the live streams stopped. The stream made me get to know the community and the people involved, and I always looked forward to the races at sunday to tuesday evening. I also watched more races where my horses didnt participate and I got to acknowledge other trainers effort, and got praise from the community when your horse won.

I have always appreciated the community, it has made a big deal in being with the league.

I hope not the league is dead, and if I can help in some way I will. I can understand that the amount of time needed to get a top class stable can put people off, and I understand you Doug that the amount of time and effort you put in is not worth it when you experience total silence from the forums.

But I want you to know that I am grateful for all that you have done, and I also want to thank everybody who has put effort in during the seasons. I really hope that it will be another league. And that the forums will come to life again.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
I really enjoyed the comms too. Both you, Doug, Martin and Stu have your own distinctive way of commentating that adds a lot to the experience. And Doug, you are always supporting and appreciative of other trainers wins and successes, especially I feel you root for us middle and lower tier trainers.

It feels like and end to an era, and I feel I only got to be part of the last bit of that era. I think a lot changed when the live streams stopped. The stream made me get to know the community and the people involved, and I always looked forward to the races at sunday to tuesday evening. I also watched more races where my horses didnt participate and I got to acknowledge other trainers effort, and got praise from the community when your horse won.

I have always appreciated the community, it has made a big deal in being with the league.

I hope not the league is dead, and if I can help in some way I will. I can understand that the amount of time needed to get a top class stable can put people off, and I understand you Doug that the amount of time and effort you put in is not worth it when you experience total silence from the forums.

But I want you to know that I am grateful for all that you have done, and I also want to thank everybody who has put effort in during the seasons. I really hope that it will be another league. And that the forums will come to life again.

I agree the live stream added something to the league and when that went things changed for the worse , it was the only time we talked to each other and got to know each other.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:

Thanks for your kind words.
Yes SO6 is finished which is a little sad BUT it was the first real successful and organised running of the League from what I have heard and read.
Everyone who was involved should feel really proud of what was achieved regardless if you were a trainer or a volunteer.

SO7 will be successful because of the solid foundation created by SO6.
Maybe some names will be missing but it seems like there are some new trainers coming through from the talk in the SO7 forum and that is a really good thing.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:05 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Mark
Any updates on the league front or are you wanting to wait and see
how exhibition races go (To Test everything first)

Some kit fixes have been released today. When the kit is presumed working correctly (no further bug reports) email in and I'll send the League build so it can be tested.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
I'm not fed up with doing the calls - I don't think anyone really listens to them and aren't relevant any more.

I listen to them, even races i don't have runners lol, i wouldn't be the same without the great commentary you 3 or 4 provide :)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:34 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:

When the League gets up and running again and there is a genuine want by the majority of League trainers to have some race calls then I am open to doing some of the bigger races or Paul Moores and Starters Orders finals type races but as I mentioned some weeks ago - it just might be easier to use the in game comms to simplify the whole process for yourself Gray and the race runners.

From a trainer point of view, I really doubt I will be involved racing horses in the league. SO7 is on my pc but I can't even stomach the thought of opening it. The menu's don't seem to flow and I find it all frustrating. Then I read the forums about breeding and the top trainers are so far down the track that I am already six months behind and the desire to try and catch up is non existent and trying to win 0-75 races has lost its appeal.

you must be joking Doug
do you know how boring it is watching a a race with no comms
if no comms i will defo not play in SO7
all you guys are great we all say each week after races
i want comms
i want comms
i want comms lol
do i need to singing that lol

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 am
Group 1 winner

The comms are brilliant, the live stream was brilliant the preview show was brilliant. The buzz did not go out of the league for any other reason than the same few people won everything, think this will be worse in SO7 due the breeding now requiring you to make it a 8hrs a day activity to keep pace with the few. So glad I hate it and don’t have the bug. I am like Doug I usually cannot bring myself to play and when I do it only lasts a season of breeding disappointment before I switch off and go do something I actually enjoy.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 pm
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I have to say that the comms are a decent part of why I play it tbh. They are fantastic and it definitely wouldn't be the same without them. Would be a massive loss in my opinion Doug.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]