View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 dissappointed 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: dissappointed
I've had a bit of time to think this over and the fact the ttf's are still in the game or accessible, makes me feel that Mark has failed the online league community.
I am disappointed in this outcome.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:28 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
I've had a bit of time to think this over and the fact the ttf's are still in the game or accessible, makes me feel that Mark has failed the online league community.

I am part of the online league commumity and I like having ttf files. Accidents happen, sometimes your computer fails or the S07 crashes and you need backups.

Jango wrote that he had dropped the same horse into a game multiple times. This must have been changed in later updates because when I tried it in early releases of the game it did not work and I thought that was a good thing.

I run multiple saves including a US flat game, a UK flat game, a UK jumps game, a UK combined game. I like the idea that if I find a special horse in the combined game I can transfer it ONCE (but not multiple times) to my flat game.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:

The Game is set up for normal players and if that makes Mark more money then I suppose it's only fair but the league is in trouble at the moment and the league keeps the game relevant after a year or two. We have gone backwards because the race kit is a joke and it will drive people nuts if it stays that way, this weekend is the first time i've really used it and it got right on my nerves. I think u could play SO6 and not need having the ttf's but because the breeding is so random u need them in this game. Doug why is 90 percent of Oz jump racing 2 mile hurdle races, it's hard to make a jumps game with so few longer races.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 am
Group 3 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
Jango wrote that he had dropped the same horse into a game multiple times. This must have been changed in later updates because when I tried it in early releases of the game it did not work and I thought that was a good thing.

I would have preferred that you could only have one version of a horse anywhere in the game.
Now if i have a great stallion and a great mare i can import that stallion twice and the mare 14 times each season, mass breed and because the name of the parents change the foals will not break the no sibling rule. Or at least i dont see how it will be detectable.
How hard would it be for Mark to assign a unique ID key to each horse (not based on name) and check the saves for that key before allowing it to be imported.

Last 3 horses are clones

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am
Group 3 winner

I wonder do people breed like that then, i've never breed that way. I thing u need to use all horses instead of just 1 or 2. I would never mass produce any horse even my great ones, I think even my best mares would be breed to 5 or 6 six times before I moved on. I think that would be wrong breeding that way, I like to use all my horses.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:48 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Doug why is 90 percent of Oz jump racing 2 mile hurdle races, it's hard to make a jumps game with so few longer races.

Jumps racing in Australia is close to dead - there is only my state - South Australia and Victoria that still have them. Victoria pretty well have all the big jumps races and they will be the last state standing. In my home state, jumps racing is close to it's last legs - the two big races we have here, the Von Dussa Steeplechase and the Great Eastern Steeplechase are run at Oakbank. They are a mere shadow of what they used to be.

2 mile hurdle races are I suppose the bread and butter races and the fact we don't really have a stayers industry in Australia any more it's probably far more easier to find a 2 miler.
Most of the longer races are steeplechases.

The Harry D Young Hurdle at Oakbank is 18f if that is of any help. Oakbank racing carnival was a two day event held at Easter for well over 100 years (Easter Saturday and then Easter Monday) but in very recent years has changed to just one day (I believe)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:19 am
Group 3 winner

I'm a bit of a fan of jump racing in u country and it's not in the best of health though there's a few die hard fans, im in a Oz jumping group on facebook. They come up with some stupid rules like this season there's a max of 10 runner races, not sure what idiot came up with that one. I love how all the courses got a grand national race. I was watching a few races from warrabool on Saturday night, was jump racing big years ago then. I see most of the runners are from euro, the big winner on Saturday was a ex-french horse. What they need is a real good horse and one that could come to the UK and running in one of our big races to spark more interest in u country.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I'm a bit of a fan of jump racing in u country and it's not in the best of health though there's a few die hard fans, im in a Oz jumping group on facebook. They come up with some stupid rules like this season there's a max of 10 runner races, not sure what idiot came up with that one. I love how all the courses got a grand national race. I was watching a few races from warrabool on Saturday night, was jump racing big years ago then. I see most of the runners are from euro, the big winner on Saturday was a ex-french horse. What they need is a real good horse and one that could come to the UK and running in one of our big races to spark more interest in u country.

Check out Oakbank on youtube from the 1980s and 1990s.

Even if we produced another 'Crisp' it wouldn't make much difference.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghosty wrote:

Check out Oakbank on youtube from the 1980s and 1990s.

Even if we produced another 'Crisp' it wouldn't make much difference.
In my group they say about the massive crowds u used to get. It's a shame, im glad our jump racing is more healthy than our flat. In my shecdule i'm making the Grand Annual the focal point of the season and so I had to come up with some unreal prep races to build up to it. I've write out 50 races all the big ones but I need to fill out some more to make it really work like having to make up some novice chases.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:29 am
Group 1 winner

The Victorian Grand National would have the real quality horses in it and the Grand Annual the more dour stayer type. Same for the Great Eastern.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:53 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
The Victorian Grand National would have the real quality horses in it and the Grand Annual the more dour stayer type. Same for the Great Eastern.

That's one of the other prepped races, I wanted the winner of that race to run in our ryian air and the galleywood winning to run in our champion hurdle and the grand annual winner to run in our gold cup but Mark has messed up the over seas horses so they no longer run in a different country even when they are prep races. I wanted the top Oz horses to come and run in our festival.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:42 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

That's one of the other prepped races, I wanted the winner of that race to run in our ryian air and the galleywood winning to run in our champion hurdle and the grand annual winner to run in our gold cup but Mark has messed up the over seas horses so they no longer run in a different country even when they are prep races. I wanted the top Oz horses to come and run in our festival.

That would have been cool

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Group 1 winner

It is actually a lot worse than you may imagine, suspect you have simply not pushed the boundaries far enough yet, you can get the same horse in multiple times and in multiple games easily. Say you have a monster 2yo colt, save your game then export it to the ttf. Then crash the game and return to the load, now you have that horse in game and in the tff. Cycle the game a year and repeat with the 3yo version of said monster, now you have three, keep going say 15 years and you have a tff with 15 versions of said monster. Make a copy of the ttf. Then import all 15 into a new game ideally one with a few hundred mares in the barn, breed the monster. Keep the tff, put it back into the game file structure and put those 15 monsters into a second game, again ideally one with a few hundred mares now you have 30 versions of the breeding monster, rinse and repeat for your 8 saved games and or repeat with the monsters bred from the monsters.......

I don’t play SO7 I still totally hate it, but it took me about 5mins to work out how I would maximise my breeding if I wanted too. Mark has screwed the pooch for the league in my view with both throughly exploitable breeding and throughly ridiculous randomisation. The gulf between those who put in the time and those who just play will be wider than ever before.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
It is actually a lot worse than you may imagine, suspect you have simply not pushed the boundaries far enough yet, you can get the same horse in multiple times and in multiple games easily. Say you have a monster 2yo colt, save your game then export it to the ttf. Then crash the game and return to the load, now you have that horse in game and in the tff. Cycle the game a year and repeat with the 3yo version of said monster, now you have three, keep going say 15 years and you have a tff with 15 versions of said monster. Make a copy of the ttf. Then import all 15 into a new game ideally one with a few hundred mares in the barn, breed the monster. Keep the tff, put it back into the game file structure and put those 15 monsters into a second game, again ideally one with a few hundred mares now you have 30 versions of the breeding monster, rinse and repeat for your 8 saved games and or repeat with the monsters bred from the monsters.......

I don’t play SO7 I still totally hate it, but it took me about 5mins to work out how I would maximise my breeding if I wanted too. Mark has screwed the pooch for the league in my view with both throughly exploitable breeding and throughly ridiculous randomisation. The gulf between those who put in the time and those who just play will be wider than ever before.

Josh there is something even worse than that , if people struggle to get good potential then all they have to do is go backwards and breed when it was easier to get full potential at 3, people could be breeding real early in the game and that's not right . This is game is not suited to a league the way the game is set up , I want nothing to do with it .

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

And your post needs to be shown to Mark to show him how easy it is.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next