View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Atten' Mark 
Group 1 winner

Post Atten' Mark
Mark, I just want to express my disappointment that the ttf can still be accessed and exploited by trainers for the SO7 league.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:55 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Atten' Mark
Can you descibe exactly what you mean by 'exploited'? The consensus seemed to be to keep the TTF as is with a few restrictions and that has been done. The nature of exports from games with files on local players machines (as opposed to a server based game) means that they will always be open to copying, and multiple imports etc. Suggestions are welcome.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 am
Group 3 winner

Mark well u can put the same mare/colt into a saved game as many times as u want. Let's say u have 1 great mare well in the first season u could put her into the game 16 times, just slightly change the name every time. Perhaps if it's possible ( not sure u can) where that horse will only go into a game once, so u only get one shot every game with a horse. That way the ttf are still that but they are not over used. The problem with the ttf's is some people love them and some people hate them, need to find a middle ground with them.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Group 2 winner

I say the ttf stays, and at the beginning of the new game if you want to play the game for just the league only, then a button called league game only, then the ttf file will not operate any more but everything else will work.
Problem solved.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm
Site Admin

Some checks could be added to improve this in a limited way but as said the transfer file and the game files are on the users PC some degree of exploitation will always be possible.

I can add checks to stop the same horse being repeated into the same game multiple times even if the horse is renamed. Obviously the user could use multiple games etc. to do a similar thing but if the community want this added I can look at it.

Currently the game only allows up to 16 imports per year anyway.

If this was added previous exports (before the change) would either be exempt from this (meaning they could still be imported multiple times) or no longer be able to be imported at all. This needs to be considered.

Also players could just stick to an older version and continue to import multiple times so this solution may be of limited appeal. Something for those involved in the league to think about.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:16 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I say the ttf stays, and at the beginning of the new game if you want to play the game for just the league only, then a button called league game only, then the ttf file will not operate any more but everything else will work.
Problem solved.

This could be a possibility also. Having a league play only mode would mean basically a restart for only league players with any current exports not being eligible. Removing the TTF options from the league mode may not appeal to all however and I suspect many won't want to restart. As usual you can't please everyone all of the time.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm
Handicapper

I am a league player and I do not want a re-start. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in my breeding program.

I have no problem if Mark does something that stops importing a horse multiple times into a saved game. I do want to transfer my horses at least once between my different saved games.

Because one person has voiced an opinion against ttf files and one person has voiced an opinion for ttf files, (me), doesn't make a case for or against ttfs'. What's the opinion of other league players.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Handicapper

Jim Murray wrote:
I am a league player and I do not want a re-start. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in my breeding program.

I have no problem if Mark does something that stops importing a horse multiple times into a saved game. I do want to transfer my horses at least once between my different saved games.

Because one person has voiced an opinion against ttf files and one person has voiced an opinion for ttf files, (me), doesn't make a case for or against ttfs'. What's the opinion of other league players.

Hi.

Want to join so7 league when it’s started. I think keep the ttf’s and like Jim has said I have no problem with stoping a horse being imported multiple times into a save. But would like to be able to transfer my horses once between saved games.

Personally don’t want a restart, I’ve put in quite a few hours into breeding, definitely not as much as Jim and other players but I’ve still spent my time on it.

Yasmin

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Handicapper

I'm a new player, not interested in the league. I think being able to export horses for your own use is a part of being able to back up your saves. Especially since you can only do the import from game pool thing once.

In my opinion, if Mark is still planning official updates to schedules, unless the option to live-update a new schedule is added as well, it would be really bad future-proofing to take out TTF exporting. This is one of the few (or possibly the only) games I've played in the last 5 years that basically said that you can't use your old save game if a quality of life update gets pushed through. I can just imagine the absolute uproar that would come from fans of games like The Sims, Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster if they had to restart projects they've spent 100s of hours on. And the players of this game put in just as many hours as those players.

I see no reason why players who don't plan on joining the league shouldn't be able to use all methods of backup available for their personal use. Most games even let you use custom names, so you can have multiple past saves to revert back to. YouTube players make a new save every time they make an episode.

(Since I've only seen mention of the TTF method and I really want to back up some horses from my game so I can back them up before importing them into a new schedule, can anyone link me a tutorial for it?)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 am
Group 1 winner

Jim Murray wrote:

Same boat as Jim have invested a huge amount of time in the game surely any major changes to a
game should be implemented before its release not 8 months into it.

We have known since the release of the game that the ttf were kept with some changes.

so I have to wonder why is this been bought up now?

Whats been voiced now are fundamentally huge changes.

I Don't even understand this opinion of the ttf's been exploited its been like that since
season 1 of the league in SO6 I know i did a walk through video for newbies god knows
how long ago.

The right way to do it would have been to come up with a set of rules before the release of the game
so Mark can implement them before release a League play setting would have been ideal but to do that
now seem incredibility unfair and again I have to ask why are people talking about this now and not 8 months
ago

As Mark says there will always be a way to get round things but as long as they are out in the open and available
to everyone then thats the best result you can hope for its when people keep stuff to their selves where issues
crop up.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
Problem solved.

I agree with Tomas here - I am sure some months ago I mentioned a similar idea. This is an easy solution without hindering the core group of single player trainers.

ttf abuse in the league - although minor in it's use is a major drawback to a fairer league.
SO6 League was a success but the reality was there were two leagues in one - x-amount of top trainers who exploited ttf and a lot of smaller trainers who had no hope of competing against them because they weren't prepared to use the ttf exploit because they saw that as cheating!

This was mentioned months ago while SO7 was in early beta mode and it seems we were unable to clearly communicate to Mark about this issue and a need for a solution for the league. Personally I thought Mark had fully understood the ttf league needs and I was of the understanding that this had been solved. I have raised this issue AGAIN because of the recent revelation that the ttf is still there for league trainers to exploit.

Why would any SO6 trainer who refused to abuse the ttf even bother competing in the SO7 league if the same issue still exists?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 am
Group 3 winner

Doug what do u mean by abusing the ttf's, I'd like to know what u mean by it. I don't think i've ever abused using them because I think u breeding the wrong way by doing it if u mean u put the same horse in over and over again.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
The right way to do it would have been to come up with a set of rules before the release of the game
so Mark can implement them before release

Well that's part of the problem right there. For the first five or so months of this year I have purposely NOT done any league breeding because I thought the game was still in beta and had been waiting for the official release before I got carried away with things - that has been my experience playing other online video games. There is the beta then that gets shut down and then there is the official launch and everyone starts on a clean slate.
Then around May it becomes obvious that there is no official launch and what ever you had done in beta carried over.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Doug what do u mean by abusing the ttf's, I'd like to know what u mean by it. I don't think i've ever abused using them because I think u breeding the wrong way by doing it if u mean u put the same horse in over and over again.

If you use one horse over and over again and it never 'dies'. The horse should live to 16 for example and that's it. And if it was a mare you get approx 10 foals from it and not 160 foals because it can be copied into 16 games. Or if it is a stallion it covers all your mares in your stable a year until it dies - which means it would approx cover 10 mares a season.
To be able to copy any horse in the game for league purposes is wrong.

If people see this as part n parcel of the game - good luck to them but I see it as cheating.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am
Group 3 winner

I think we have more chance of solving brexit ( and there's no chance of that) than solving the ttf's problem. Whatever happens going forward some people are not going to be happy whatever side of the fence u on. I've got to admit it's getting on my nerves and i'm for the first time thinking about not playing/breeding for the league , it's taking the fun out of the league. No one is really happy with the game and I think the league is dying by a thousand cuts.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next