View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 dissappointed 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: dissappointed
Githyanki wrote:
It is actually a lot worse than you may imagine, suspect you have simply not pushed the boundaries far enough yet, you can get the same horse in multiple times and in multiple games easily. Say you have a monster 2yo colt, save your game then export it to the ttf. Then crash the game and return to the load, now you have that horse in game and in the tff. Cycle the game a year and repeat with the 3yo version of said monster, now you have three, keep going say 15 years and you have a tff with 15 versions of said monster. Make a copy of the ttf. Then import all 15 into a new game ideally one with a few hundred mares in the barn, breed the monster. Keep the tff, put it back into the game file structure and put those 15 monsters into a second game, again ideally one with a few hundred mares now you have 30 versions of the breeding monster, rinse and repeat for your 8 saved games and or repeat with the monsters bred from the monsters.......

I don’t play SO7 I still totally hate it, but it took me about 5mins to work out how I would maximise my breeding if I wanted too. Mark has screwed the pooch for the league in my view with both throughly exploitable breeding and throughly ridiculous randomisation. The gulf between those who put in the time and those who just play will be wider than ever before.

And your post needs to be shown to Mark to show him how easy it is.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: dissappointed
Githyanki wrote:
It is actually a lot worse than you may imagine, suspect you have simply not pushed the boundaries far enough yet, you can get the same horse in multiple times and in multiple games easily. Say you have a monster 2yo colt, save your game then export it to the ttf. Then crash the game and return to the load, now you have that horse in game and in the tff. Cycle the game a year and repeat with the 3yo version of said monster, now you have three, keep going say 15 years and you have a tff with 15 versions of said monster. Make a copy of the ttf. Then import all 15 into a new game ideally one with a few hundred mares in the barn, breed the monster. Keep the tff, put it back into the game file structure and put those 15 monsters into a second game, again ideally one with a few hundred mares now you have 30 versions of the breeding monster, rinse and repeat for your 8 saved games and or repeat with the monsters bred from the monsters.......

I don’t play SO7 I still totally hate it, but it took me about 5mins to work out how I would maximise my breeding if I wanted too. Mark has screwed the pooch for the league in my view with both throughly exploitable breeding and throughly ridiculous randomisation. The gulf between those who put in the time and those who just play will be wider than ever before.

Yes this is what everybody involved with league seems to be doing. I think it`s boring and stupid but I`m willing to give it a go. So I spent 2 weeks breeding from my old saves that were set up for exporting but I`m lazy and they still exist. Well my older breeds are better and this project will soon be dropped. I found I`m just producing more of the same and it just isn't improvement. I`d rather start a new game and find a nice new stallion and a few mares and see how that goes.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3