View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Next League Season 
Group 1 winner

Post Next League Season
Hi Guys I am starting a new thread but before I start PLEASE don't argue or scream at each other. Earlier I posted on a thread about the struggle I am having playing SO7 and the Breeding Barn and the way my new 2yo run badly on debut and second run before showing some ability I know some 2yo's run green but not 99% of them that is not realistic.

But even with that problem my biggest problem is the breeding barn Mark said its now more realistic I am not arguing with that he is right the problem is most players play the game I do and play about 3-5 hours a week might take a week or two to go through one season which in SO6 was ok because you got good 2yo's with potential and you could use the ttf file and that way the slow player could at least compete in the league.

This Breeding in so7 where 95% of 2yo is binned means for me it will take me months and I mean maybe year before I will get a team anyway near to take part in any SO7 league unless I decide to do what the top guys do and just breed and do rapid seasons and I have come to I don't want to do that anymore and its not realistic that you can use ttf files in all your games if we going down the realistic isle this game is not realistic I have a combined running in so7 and when I get to June to August all Juvenile Hurdles and Novices race in the NH have no runners I brought this up in so6 and its carried through to so7 where I thought that at least would be fixed I have played this game for years and have enjoyed it race cards and form in SO7 are Brilliant but I am not enjoying the game due to what I will have to do to play in the League so I have to say to you if you want a SO7 League this year I wont be taking part or Running it this side of Christmas at least.

So we either go back to so6 and have another league in November of that or we wait until the slow play Players can at least get a stable together to win the Warren selling stakes rated 0-50 in week 13 :roll:

Gray

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Next League Season
100000000000000000% SO6
forget SO7 untill breeding barn gets better
wsting my time breeding
theres no tom for SO7 i think
so its so far off
and i wont join SO7 with bad bred horses
im in for SO6
goodbye SO7
Del

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:20 pm
Group 3 winner

:D

Last edited by delmonty1964 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:21 pm
Group 3 winner

I’m with you Gray, lets do another SO6. I actually enjoy SO7, but for the league to survive we need to get going soon. I think it is a good idea and I am in for november.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 pm
Group 3 winner

Taunton wrote:
I’m with you Gray, lets do another SO6. I actually enjoy SO7, but for the league to survive we need to get going soon. I think it is a good idea and I am in for november.

nice
i dont think paul or jim will join
come on guys say ..SO6 new league

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Site Admin

If people want to play a SO6 league I am fine with that and the kit build can be used as can TOM on this domain (for now) but the discussion forum for a new SO6 league will need to be off this site as SO7 is the current game and a league revolving around an outdated game will cause obvious confusion.

The discussions here beyond this thread need to remain focused towards kit improvements and any future SO7 league (should it happen).

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:48 am
Group 3 winner

U are just incredible Mark, so u banning people from talking about SO6 and yet it's a game u made. Instead of censoring people's comments *cough * cough just like mine u sort out a very disappointing game. I think u believing u own hype theses days. So just last week u telling everyone u don't care if the league disappears and now u telling everyone to stop talking about a league season, by the way what is this part of the forum called, go read the top of it if u don't know it's called. Online League discussion and that's what people are doing BTW. I know the score these days, these comments of mine will soon disappear.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 am
Group 3 winner

I hope u going to brave enough to keep u comment on Mark so people can see who u really are.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am
Group 3 winner

Mark wrote:
If people want to play a SO6 league I am fine with that and the kit build can be used as can TOM on this domain (for now) but the discussion forum for a new SO6 league will need to be off this site as SO7 is the current game and a league revolving around an outdated game will cause obvious confusion.

The discussions here beyond this thread need to remain focused towards kit improvements and any future SO7 league (should it happen).

Whoa WHAT????

Mark, I really hope you reconsider the comment you made.
It's almost like you are saying that the League cannot discuss the best way for the League to continue on this forum unless it involves using SO7.

" any future SO7 league (should it happen)"
Well i guess its clear where you stand. Its really disappointing i have to say.

I'm trying really hard to convince myself to return for the next League season but its becoming more and more difficult.
I dont particularly agree with another SO6 season but its a valid enough discussion to have and should not be banned.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:37 am
Site Admin

Please read my reply and take a moment to understand it so this discussion can remain on topic. Discussions can continue on a new SO6 league but they need to stick to this thread otherwise the forum (and members) become confused. Discussions on the past SO6 leagues are fine to continue here. SO7 is the current game and this needs to be the focus going forward that is all. I don't want this forum to be full of SO6 league related posts in 6 months time meaning SO7 league development stops (which was part of the problem in the first place) and new members are coming here to find only that there is a league but just for an old game. Also this is the ONLINE LEAGUE forum for the current Starters Orders release and not an old one but like I say I'm happy to keep hosting TOM for SO6 but it should be obvious to anyone if a league starts around on old release it can't be on the SO7 league forum.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

I think going back to SO6 is a massive backwards step most people would
have deleted it and all the files that come with it I know I have.

So how long do you put on hold a SO7 league personally I can't understand
the thinking behind it were all in the same boat in terms of what the game does
anyone who has played it for a while will have got used to its quirks we have
cleared up that no one has an advantage in terms of potential now I think you
need forward thinking not backward thinking.

I'd respectfully ask not to have my head bitten off for stressing my point of view.
I have always had the best interest in the league at heart.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I think going back to SO6 is a massive backwards step most people would
have deleted it and all the files that come with it I know I have.

So how long do you put on hold a SO7 league personally I can't understand
the thinking behind it were all in the same boat in terms of what the game does
anyone who has played it for a while will have got used to its quirks we have
cleared up that no one has an advantage in terms of potential now I think you
need forward thinking not backward thinking.

I'd respectfully ask not to have my head bitten off for stressing my point of view.
I have always had the best interest in the league at heart.

Paul I totally understand and know the effort you put in and the league is the most important reason I play the game as well and we will have a SO7 league but it wont be this side of Christmas I no longer want to play a game where if I got to do rapid seasons of breeding I find boring and depressing when I first joined the league I did the rapid seasons but I started hating the game.

I no longer want to do rapid seasons anymore I just want to play a game which is fun I only started playing after the last league and when I did my schedule I have played 11 seasons and I have not had a horse I consider a Handicapper that I can put in the league.

I am not having a go at you Paul we have been friends way to long and have been around a long time but i dont know anyone yet apart from you who would be ready for any SO7 League i think most trainers are fed up playing Catch Up to compete in the league and SO7 as made it even harder to catch up to be able to compete in a SO7 League.

Gray

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm going to agree with Mark - from a business point of view SO7 should be the focus either single player or league. You do not see DICE focusing on BF1 or BF4 when BFV is the latest release.

If people want to play an SO6 league - no worries but I cannot see why you wouldn't compete in an SO7 league. So what if your stable isn't up to a standard you think it should be - neither is anyone else stable up to scratch unless you are a ttf trainer and them trainers aren't going to be beat regardless unless you do the same thing.

I truly cannot see the benefit of sticking to SO6 league when there are new trainers playing SO7 who would like to be apart of the league - and there are SO7 trainers who do want to be in the new league.

It's time to move on for better or worse.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:24 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
I'm going to agree with Mark - from a business point of view SO7 should be the focus either single player or league. You do not see DICE focusing on BF1 or BF4 when BFV is the latest release.

If people want to play an SO6 league - no worries but I cannot see why you wouldn't compete in an SO7 league. So what if your stable isn't up to a standard you think it should be - neither is anyone else stable up to scratch unless you are a ttf trainer and them trainers aren't going to be beat regardless unless you do the same thing.

I truly cannot see the benefit of sticking to SO6 league when there are new trainers playing SO7 who would like to be apart of the league - and there are SO7 trainers who do want to be in the new league.

Doug once again I didn't say we wouldn't have a so7 League I just said not this side of Christmas I said if we was to have a League season again this year then SO6 would be it I don't have any sort of horses even moderate ones have about 10 exported into CK so I wouldn't join a SO7 league and so I wouldn't run it has you know its hard 13 weeks of organising horse files, Race Videos and then adding coms to the Videos before uploading into You Tube.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Doug once again I didn't say we wouldn't have a so7 League I just said not this side of Christmas I said if we was to have a League season again this year then SO6 would be it I don't have any sort of horses even moderate ones have about 10 exported into CK so I wouldn't join a SO7 league and so I wouldn't run it has you know its hard 13 weeks of organising horse files, Race Videos and then adding coms to the Videos before uploading into You Tube.

I understand that but there will be a lot of trainers in the same boat as you. Yep you will be racing in the Doug Warren Sellers 0-50 but that will only be for a season.
Anyway if you want to hold off til after Xmas then that is ok.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next