View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Next League Season 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Next League Season
Greyhawk wrote:
Why don't you have a SO7 league with just game horses. No player bred horses allowed until everything is sorted out.
Yes there would still be a two tier league, there always will be - but the gulf between the best and worst might not be as great compared to player bred horses.

that would be interesting

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Gray fully respect your reply I would never fall out with you I have too much respect for you as you say
we have been at this a long time buddy.

The thing I find soul destroying is when major changes and discussions start when the horse has bolted out
of he gate and is long gone.

All this should have been done before the launch of SO7 so everyone knew where they stood.

it seems those who did make an effort on the launch of the game are going to face the ultimate
punishment their work been totally scrapped.

Also in reply to other posts what can you do to make it possible for someone who plays a handful
of hours a week in the league to be competitive in g1s there really is nothing since the league started the
people who spent most time on the game got the most success it has always been this way and I can
think of not one thing that will ever change that.

the only thing I once suggested is you upload 20 horses 5 go into a lotto draw and a given to other trainers
and you get 5 to manage from other trainers but people said they would hate the thought of managing other.people's horses.

Also another pivotal point who many of my long term colleagues have bee stressing of late is the attraction of newbies
how on earth do you explain to a newbie who has bought SO7 that they need to go and buy an earlier version of the game
if they want to take part in the next league season.

Were in a fine mess lads its a bit of a black hole and im not sure we can clamber out of it at least we are all
starting to respect each other a little more.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Also in reply to other posts what can you do to make it possible for someone who plays a handful
of hours a week in the league to be competitive in g1s there really is nothing since the league started the
people who spent most time on the game got the most success it has always been this way and I can

Paul - there is nothing anyone can do - you put in the hours you reap the reward.

The problem is the use of ttf and the real problem it creates is when new trainers fancy joining the league they find their star G1 horse who's won 5 G1s at home runs half a furlong last because they've entered a G1 league race which contains trainers who us ttf to breed and it creates an almighty chasm. They look at that and think 'bugger that' and they're gone. (I know this because I spent two of the last three SO6 seasons emailing new trainers to encourage them to stick around)

If no one is using ttf to breed then that trainer races in the same G1 - still finishes last but only a few lengths last and hopefully they think with a bit more breeding they can get a little closer.

If we cannot retain new trainers the league is dead. We cannot keep having two vastly different ways to breed for one league - especially now it seems even easier to exploit the ttf. It has just been pointed out to me you can go into a horse's ttf and change it's name - imagine cloning one beast 10 times and changing the other nine horses names and then entering them into your league stable - what a folly that would be.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:18 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

Paul - there is nothing anyone can do - you put in the hours you reap the reward.

The problem is the use of ttf and the real problem it creates is when new trainers fancy joining the league they find their star G1 horse who's won 5 G1s at home runs half a furlong last because they've entered a G1 league race which contains trainers who us ttf to breed and it creates an almighty chasm. They look at that and think 'bugger that' and they're gone. (I know this because I spent two of the last three SO6 seasons emailing new trainers to encourage them to stick around)

If no one is using ttf to breed then that trainer races in the same G1 - still finishes last but only a few lengths last and hopefully they think with a bit more breeding they can get a little closer.

If we cannot retain new trainers the league is dead. We cannot keep having two vastly different ways to breed for one league - especially now it seems even easier to exploit the ttf. It has just been pointed out to me you can go into a horse's ttf and change it's name - imagine cloning one beast 10 times and changing the other nine horses names and then entering them into your league stable - what a folly that would be.

1) How is going back to an old version of the game going to attract new players.

2) Why are people screaming and shouting about these issues now when they have been around since the start
of the SO5 leagues 9 seasons ago and is this the feeling of the majority or is it one or a few people who have this
opinion. If you remember i was all for getting rid of the ttf file but it was kept so why are people making a song and
dance about it now nearly 9 months into the games release because i cant understand why this was not bought up in
the first month of the games release when things could have been done and put in place and thus not totally ruining
anyone who stupidly or foolishly put any time into the game.

It seems there are very strong opinions here which is very good the more opinions the better but the timing of them to be
Frank stink.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

In my honest opinion I think Mark is going to have to make the tough call
because it seems were all cut down the middle. What ever is decided will devastate
some and delight others but we need to sort this mess out.

This will effect me more than most but if its for the good of the league then a reset
will be necessary and get firm plans put in place if that means getting rid of the ttf
for league play then get these rules in place now and then reset everyone starts from
scratch and are in the same boat.

Then its down to the individual to decide if they are going to be involved in futures leagues.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Paul
Mark dont care about the league lol he block me now but its true
as Gray said so7 wont happen this side of xmas ... so what is wrong playing 1 last so6 league untill so7 is ready ... its not going backwards it keeps us in league
i have met many good friends here
mostly i play fifa 19 .. some of my friends still play fifa 18
and no 1 says fifa 18 or 19 going backwards as we dont care as its a game
ur choose to play
btw mark i played stable masters so many years ago .. no breeding just a great horse racing game .. what year was that ?
you want make so7 more real life racing ?
lol lets go ascot races .. i watch horses in parade ring .. wow look at those bars ? speed ... potential .. cruse bars ? i went for form /... you can not see bars ??????
real racing is on gallops .. race your best horses
anyway ... i been on this game guessing atleat 14 years
mark get rid of breeding bars
all league players do this .. all we do is breeding .. so boring ??????????????????????????//
thank you
del.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:00 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

1) How is going back to an old version of the game going to attract new players.

2) Why are people screaming and shouting about these issues now when they have been around since the start
of the SO5 leagues 9 seasons ago and is this the feeling of the majority or is it one or a few people who have this
opinion. If you remember i was all for getting rid of the ttf file but it was kept so why are people making a song and
dance about it now nearly 9 months into the games release because i cant understand why this was not bought up in
the first month of the games release when things could have been done and put in place and thus not totally ruining
anyone who stupidly or foolishly put any time into the game.

It seems there are very strong opinions here which is very good the more opinions the better but the timing of them to be
Frank stink.

1) I agree - I don't think we should go back to SO6 - it will not attract new players as the new players are playing SO7. BUT if other players want to have one more season of SO6 they can do that - I have no problem with that.....I don't think it's the best thing to do but so be it.

2) I brought all this back up because I thought Mark had done something about ttf from the discussions late last year and earlier this year. And since this has been highlighted again it has been found to be even easier to manipulate the ttf.

3) Again, you are right - Mark is going to have to make some tough calls - he has no other choice.

4) We may have to play a few league seasons of SO7 in conjunction with Mark to get it right.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:21 am
Group 1 winner

If there are to be more league seasons of SO6 and thats whats wanted then thats fair enough

Unfortunately I wont be able to take part i deleted everything on release of SO7
and I am not going back to SO6 I will just wait for when ever the IF ever SO7 leagues
kick off.

I look forward to watching it though and running the DCC as normal if thats the way
it goes. - I however dont think its great for newcomers who everyone is wanting to
attract it just seems another season of SO6 will be for people who already take part
and pretty much the results will be the exact same as last season but if thats what is wanted
thats fair enough.

It does seem a contradiction in the direction that everyone seems to want to go (attract
new members at all costs)

if I was a newbie it would confuse the heck out of me

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Few interesting posts since I last had a look here.

OK, so another league on SO6, I would enter a team, though I am not playing it and doubt I would breed for it, I have enough return options and 2nd stringers to compete and would probably also limit myself to the top tier group races. This will however be, as Paul suggests, a copy of last season with I expect a fair few less trainers even making an appearance, roll call anyone?.

We could do a mini league with a reduced schedule on SO6, if the intent is to keep league interest levels going whilst SO7 is polished.

As for SO7. I like the idea of a button or new game setting that disables the tff and all associated import/export features, support this with something that then flags the horses from those games so they can be clearly identified when uploading into the TOM and we're likely onto a really inclusive league where all have a solid stab at success. It will still favour those who put in the most effort to a degree, but I think this would widen the interest and retention levels.

The kicker here is for those who have already put in likely hundreds of hours to make top tier league horses, Paul, Jim and I am sure there are others, whose effort will be wasted with the above structure. To this end we could run two leagues, for at least the first go around, and allow players to enter both, pro league for the tff or early game version horses already bred and the base league for the new game option, more work for the staff, but seems to be a fair for all option.

As for the 'ridiculous randomisation' in breeding comment I made that has been banded around, much as it is about the fact that only a tiny percentage of bred horses are worth keeping, it is more about the part where it is not random at all, horses either look as good as best the parents can offer or they are worse. I do not think I have ever seen random progression, though I have likely only played about 30 seasons, but this along side there being very little year to year progression either makes the whole thing feel rather stale.

Josh

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
I'm going to agree with Mark - from a business point of view SO7 should be the focus either single player or league. You do not see DICE focusing on BF1 or BF4 when BFV is the latest release.

If people want to play an SO6 league - no worries but I cannot see why you wouldn't compete in an SO7 league. So what if your stable isn't up to a standard you think it should be - neither is anyone else stable up to scratch unless you are a ttf trainer and them trainers aren't going to be beat regardless unless you do the same thing.

I truly cannot see the benefit of sticking to SO6 league when there are new trainers playing SO7 who would like to be apart of the league - and there are SO7 trainers who do want to be in the new league.

It's time to move on for better or worse.

I completely agree.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

It looks like a spilt decision first of all a mini league means new schedule and trying to make a small schedule say 15 races a week to even out to all trainers group races/handicaps over different distance's sounds easier than done.

I rather have a Few trial races a month until a league can start if Mark can sort out a play league Mode for the game we could hold a few trial races a month I am willing to do these and any horse files can be used in the trials but Mark will need to Build a SO7 Race Kit before this can be done and we can test the race kit then.

So its all about when a race kit is available to due trials and keep the guys involved and something to keep them interested then Mark can work a a leagie mode game and when we are ready we can start a New SO7 league if things are done quickly November might be a Go if not January.

Gray

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
I'm going to agree with Mark - from a business point of view SO7 should be the focus either single player or league. You do not see DICE focusing on BF1 or BF4 when BFV is the latest release.

If people want to play an SO6 league - no worries but I cannot see why you wouldn't compete in an SO7 league. So what if your stable isn't up to a standard you think it should be - neither is anyone else stable up to scratch unless you are a ttf trainer and them trainers aren't going to be beat regardless unless you do the same thing.

I truly cannot see the benefit of sticking to SO6 league when there are new trainers playing SO7 who would like to be apart of the league - and there are SO7 trainers who do want to be in the new league.

It's time to move on for better or worse.

I completely agree.

I agree with this too, we need to just have a trial of so7, see how it looks then and go forward from there.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2