View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
Mike were you not a member of the league when i first joined must be 10 years ago when cheating was rife and im told
encouraged by those who ran it if you were "one of the lads" which i was not or they thought i would have exposed them i lasted
1 week in the league and gave up im told also people were clubbing together sharing horse files even groups of people
cliches i was told this years later by someone involved who has long left the forum. Thankfully the league has come on a million
miles since then if the stats bars put those people off im glad they are not here they were cheats not saying that you were by the way

Also i only look at the bars anything rubbish i get rid off i have no clue what you are going on about that someone who has
time has an advantage with the bars its utter rubbish its all about how horses perform in the CK which

yes Doug throws up some strange results but is pivotal.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Okay so I am a league trainer with some success and I honestly cant remember how i got started into it but all i know is most people on here were very helpful when I wanted to take the breeding to the next level so thank you all for that. I have said before a while ago I am striggling to get anywhere in SO7 and havent played much as I am churning out horses left right and centre with very limited success. I am in favour of a league mode where the ttf cant be exploited and I think this in itself will level out the playing field. Regarding the hiding of the stats I personally think it will create a nightmare for trialling purposes and I will be unsure if I will participate as I like to look at a glance whether the horse may be good or absolute rubbish. I personally dont have the time to trial everything and so would be in favour of keeping the stats available yet creating a league mode where the ttf files cant be used
Thats just my opinion on this

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 pm
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Mike were you not a member of the league when i first joined must be 10 years ago when cheating was rife and im told
encouraged by those who ran it if you were "one of the lads" which i was not or they thought i would have exposed them i lasted
1 week in the league and gave up im told also people were clubbing together sharing horse files even groups of people
cliches i was told this years later by someone involved who has long left the forum. Thankfully the league has come on a million
miles since then if the stats bars put those people off im glad they are not here they were cheats not saying that you were by the way

Also i only look at the bars anything rubbish i get rid off i have no clue what you are going on about that someone who has
time has an advantage with the bars its utter rubbish its all about how horses perform in the CK which

This period you're talking about is when I played. It was the time of 'hexing' (this is being able to edit horse file so if you had a beast, you could simply change it's sex and change it's age an duplicate it as many times as you wanted. Changing it's name and Even the age). and is the reason I left the league, only returning about 18 months ago. I don't think I understand what this post is really? Those people don't play because 'hexing' was stopped and they were all exposed. The stats bars are irrelevant to this. If anything the stats bars would have helped those people so the reverse seems to apply to your post. I apologise if I've mis-read it.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

This period you're talking about is when I played. It was the time of 'hexing' (this is being able to edit horse file so if you had a beast, you could simply change it's sex and change it's age an duplicate it as many times as you wanted. Changing it's name and Even the age). and is the reason I left the league, only returning about 18 months ago. I don't think I understand what this post is really? Those people don't play because 'hexing' was stopped and they were all exposed. The stats bars are irrelevant to this. If anything the stats bars would have helped those people so the reverse seems to apply to your post. I apologise if I've mis-read it.

I Did not know it was that extreme.

Mike was saying (Unless I read it wrong) that the stats bars put off some trainers from back then from entering the new league So5/6 my point was maybe thats a good thing the league may not have been the clean league it has been.

From my memory only one person has ever got a life ban from the league and was not from that time
so i dont think they were exposed but then I never saw any of this info you have posted on the forum back then either
so maybe all that was done in private.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I Did not know it was that extreme.

Mike was saying (Unless I read it wrong) that the stats bars put off some trainers from back then from entering the new league So5/6 my point was maybe thats a good thing the league may not have been the clean league it has been.

From my memory only one person has ever got a life ban from the league and was not from that time
so i dont think they were exposed but then I never saw any of this info you have posted on the forum back then either
so maybe all that was done in private.

It was pretty much the whole top 10 trainers doing it back then. The forum was called something else if I remember right but can't remember the name. I finished 4th one season on the flat, but I was in conversations with people who swapped horses, hex'd horses an swapped saved games constantly. I did do it once an used a flat horse I had in the jumps season, he had 1 win but it definitely wasn't for me really so I left as it was being used so much. It was pretty much common place so widely accepted. I don't think I recognize any of the trainers from back then. Sure it was SO3/4. It is a million miles from what's happening now though so probably best left in the past. The reason I came back is because it was all stopped.

I did know a trainer who had a 3yo colt who pretty much won every 1m race for older horses, 2yo's an 3yos, it was insane

I kept in touch with a couple of the lads and I believe all the trouble came the season after I left. It was all done from chats on MSN messenger, it was that long ago.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Mike was playing when I first Joined also joined for a few weeks in SO5 for one season I believe someone called Rich was running the league when I Finally joined and retired and left after that season and never came back.

Gray

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

That's interesting to know back then , I think I would have taken a different approach to most then because I would have wanted to give the cheaters a run for their money . I would have stuck around and did my very best to give them a run for their money while not cheating so I could turn around and shove it up their backside and I wouldn't have cared if they all was friends . My first season I was useless :lol: :lol: I entered a horse in the league that I never ran in game and ran green in the league , Andy dominated ( I think he cheated ) but I wanted to give him a run for his money .

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
That's interesting to know back then , I think I would have taken a different approach to most then because I would have wanted to give the cheaters a run for their money . I would have stuck around and did my very best to give them a run for their money while not cheating so I could turn around and shove it up their backside and I wouldn't have cared if they all was friends . My first season I was useless :lol: :lol: I entered a horse in the league that I never ran in game and ran green in the league , Andy dominated ( I think he cheated ) but I wanted to give him a run for his money .

I'm with you on that one, I tend to love a challenge, an I thought I'd done ok to get to 4th, but back then there was no real quick fixes, it was all about trialing an going along the best horses lines, once they were ahead then using that best colt to fill all slots regardless of age an sex it became very difficult an just not worth it. I was so glad when I got back years later to see it had changed, unfortunately i was then about 2 years behind in the breeding :)

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I was around in the days of people Hexing. Funnily enough i never did any of that (Hexing) and still was very competitive, specially in the NH Leagues. It was more rife in the flat leagues than in the NH leagues. Yes people used to swap horse files to trail against one another. This was very common back then but i didn't know people swapped saved files also.

I've helped many people over the years and you are right the CK is key to league horses no matter how good they are in the game. Trailing can be a total nightmare, not sure how it is now in the latest version of the game?

Been playing it for fun over the past few months. But keen on entering a few league horses for nostalgia purposes. Guess i have some free time nowadays. A lot of people are right if you put the hours in, you will get rewarded in the league will better horses, some casual players will get lucky and find a good one. I used to play 5/6 hours per day for 2 years or more back in the day.

It's good to see people are passionate about this game and the league for that matter.

Great to see the likes of Paul and Simpleminds still around. Kniesh you was around when i was in the league.

I like the idea of hiding stats. Brings a fresh element to the game. Frustrating for sure, but like most things you will get used to it. Maybe trail it for a month or so and see how it goes.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
I was around in the days of people Hexing. Funnily enough i never did any of that (Hexing) and still was very competitive, specially in the NH Leagues. It was more rife in the flat leagues than in the NH leagues. Yes people used to swap horse files to trail against one another. This was very common back then but i didn't know people swapped saved files also.

I've helped many people over the years and you are right the CK is key to league horses no matter how good they are in the game. Trailing can be a total nightmare, not sure how it is now in the latest version of the game?

Been playing it for fun over the past few months. But keen on entering a few league horses for nostalgia purposes. Guess i have some free time nowadays. A lot of people are right if you put the hours in, you will get rewarded in the league will better horses, some casual players will get lucky and find a good one. I used to play 5/6 hours per day for 2 years or more back in the day.

It's good to see people are passionate about this game and the league for that matter.

Great to see the likes of Paul and Simpleminds still around. Kniesh you was around when i was in the league.

I like the idea of hiding stats. Brings a fresh element to the game. Frustrating for sure, but like most things you will get used to it. Maybe trail it for a month or so and see how it goes.

Hi Hemz did you go to Cheltenham this year and did you get interviewed by ITV bevause i think i saw a post where you said you was and a guy on TV was asked about Brexit and he replied i live in New Zealand now and didn't care aabout it wasn't you was it lol.

Gray

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Hemz wrote:

Hi Hemz did you go to Cheltenham this year and did you get interviewed by ITV bevause i think i saw a post where you said you was and a guy on TV was asked about Brexit and he replied i live in New Zealand now and didn't care aabout it wasn't you was it lol.

Gray

Hey Gray,

Yes i did go to Cheltenham this year. I did speak with someone when i was there about Brexit but not sure if it was ITV, i could be wrong. Shame i'll not be visiting the best horse racing festival in the world next year or the foreseeable future. It's so expensive and the journey is horrible. It's the one thing i truly miss living here in New Zealand.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:43 pm
Group 3 winner

who keeps deleting my messages ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 am
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
who keeps deleting my messages ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are you sure it was this thread Del :lol:

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

not me Del

Sorry lads my health not the best lately has made me very snappy

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

It was I who Exposed the president at the time for cheating he was the one who won every 1 mile race that use to win everything, it was couger's forum at the time, and low and behold the whole forum at the time attacked me and I do remember westy standing up for me because couger bared me from the forum for making a riffed, so westy started to question it a few days after that and he became a black sheep like me and the only way back for me was to change my user name, that was SO3/4 I am not to sure, that's why I never joined the league after that time and I was hated by every one for standing up to the cheats, as the matter of fact, I was the first one who joined the new forum on here when mark started his own forum, and I remember giving him my word after he spoke to me that this was his forum and we were to go forward from this time on, but it didn't work that way as all the cheaters came here and the attack on me began again, back then I was on the league committee when I spoke out about the league president for cheating.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next