View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 LEAGUE MODE option. 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: LEAGUE MODE option.
Mark has said the breeding will be more predictable. Did we agree upon that?
I would rather it stayed as it was.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm
Group 3 winner

I wish there could be a date set for the league mode. No purpose in going all in on a save before the mode comes out.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Recommend changes to league play

skip to next sale button (Not sure you saw this yesterday Mark).

the ability to enter amount to bid at auction instead clicking bid loads of times (I bought 37 2yo at
end of season sale and it took ages).

Instant skip of horses you are not bidding on (if you have 15 horses in a sale and you bid for the 2nd
& 15th you have to wait ages to get to the last horse you want to bid on you see lots of reserve
not met messages).

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Totally agree with all three of these, they would make playing the league game less of a grind, since many of us are only playing it to play the league.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Totally agree with all three of these, they would make playing the league game less of a grind, since many of us are only playing it to play the league.

The thing with League play is you have to goto every sale now you have to keep looking for mares
for your sires or the work you have done dies out after 10 years or so the sales part is the most
boring thing in SO history and i remember having 1000 horses to sort and trial back in so5 but the
sales thing is now the most inportant thing if only it could be made less boring.

I even thought 3 major sales at the end of the year would be better at least you could do all your buying
at one time then enjoy the next season with out the stop start as it is now.

Id have a
End Of Season Yearling Sale
End Of Season 2YO Sale
End Of Season Horses In Training & Breeding Stock sale

I hope something can be done anyway without the sales part the game is actually fun
and I guess were all just playing slowly now for fun.

Also glad to be back on the forum things got stupid for a while and things that really dont
matter were getting out of hand also dont think im the right person to be a mod anymore
my health has been poor for a while nothing too serious just a deterioration of my condition
& this has effected my patients for sure or the Irish half of me is taking control :lol: :lol: anyway any
one I had words with lets draw a line under it its a thing of the past
I will just be in and out from now on and put
forward some suggestions as above.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I don't mind the sales the way they are because it means if u want to rush through seasons then u might miss something , if u only had a few sales at the end of the season then u could rush through seasons knowing u not missing anything important . I think after u play something long enough then u will get a idea of what horses u want to buy at the sales.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm ok with the sales as they are, yes they are slow but it's the same for everyone and it is quite fun knowing there's another sale coming up in a weeks time (unrealistic I know). Also I doubt if it is a quick or simple fix, it's altering the whole sales structure.
However a skip to next sale button, and bypassing all the sales horses that you're not bidding on would be great.
What I would like to see most of all, in both modes, is more intelligent computer breeding whereby the best mares are sent to the best stallions.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm
Group 1 winner

yes totally agree 128 rated stallion breeding with the 38 rated mare at 1.5mil a pop

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:37 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I don't mind the sales the way they are because it means if u want to rush through seasons then u might miss something , if u only had a few sales at the end of the season then u could rush through seasons knowing u not missing anything important . I think after u play something long enough then u will get a idea of what horses u want to buy at the sales.

I agree with this.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:18 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
yes totally agree 128 rated stallion breeding with the 38 rated mare at 1.5mil a pop

Well I guess in real life, if you can afford to stand your 100 start maiden mare with Frankel then you can (highly unlikely though I know - unless she has some real blue bloodlines throughout her lineage) or there could be some sort of minimum rating requirement which wouldn't surprise me.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 am
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:
jalupen wrote:

Well I guess in real life, if you can afford to stand your 100 start maiden mare with Frankel then you can (highly unlikely though I know - unless she has some real blue bloodlines throughout her lineage) or there could be some sort of minimum rating requirement which wouldn't surprise me.

Doug
The owners of the very top end stallions can and do decline prospective mares, as they will have no problem filling their books.
It would not solely be based on ratings though, it would be a combination of rating or breeding.
After all there are some incredibly well bred mares out there who were either useless on the track or never even made it to the racecourse.
Also very few group/grade 1 winning mares ever produce top horses themselves, Urban Sea is the obvious notable exception to this.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 am
Group 1 winner

Mark sincere thanks for adding skip to next sale button this is a godsend and is working very well

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I think the breeding is now perfect for the league, it makes u stop and think who u breeding with. If u have a good mare do u use one of the few good years to bred with a computer stallion and if u do u waste a year.

Last edited by ghosty on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I think the breeding is now perfect for the league, it makes u stop and thinking how u breeding with. If u have a good mare do u use one of the few good years to bred with a computer stallion and if u do u waste a year.

Its fantastic i have some yearlings that have 9 gens and i know every sire and dam because you have
to heavily study the breeding now

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I've only got through 4 seasons so far on jumps and flats but I think I might have retired a horse I should have used more. Blue Surf was a gamebreed that was a group3 horse when racing but because he only had 50 percent potential and I didn't have many mares in my barn I didn't breed to him at all and then I retired him from the game but the computer Breed 4 mares to him and they turned out to be good horses I now think I threw away a horse that might have had good speed and cruise :shock: Oh well rookie error, no wonder the best one of my horses has done is win a poor group 3 race :lol: I always wanted to use 1 game for flat and 1 game for jumps and I get to breed that way now plus I finally get to use all the courses and races I made for SO6 in my US game, it's perfect.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next