View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 League mode feedback required. 
Site Admin

Post League mode feedback required.
The league mode has been running a few weeks now.

I am presuming the league mode is working correctly and the new breeding model is fine as there have been no complaints.

One area that may need slightly tweaking is the race pace. I have a feeling that front runners may have too much of an advantage in league races where the average quality is very high. This may be tweaked for constructed races only and not league mode races.

Any feedback on how the league mode is working would be appreciated.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League mode feedback required.
Seems to be working fine

only niggle is the repeat unsuccessful breeding button does not work even when selected
you get failed pairings sometimes.

Maybe for the future i think it would be great for each sire to have a drop down menu of mares and you
tick which ones the selected sire covers so all your breeding parings can be decided at the start of the year

I just hope for everyones sake now that there is no need for a restart

The trialing and CK side all seems to work well now I have had no issues trialing horses

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I like it. And I like the hidden bars also. Its so fun to play the game. I agree with Paul that a drop down menu would be good. And I would like a separate flat and jump stable for easier managing horses.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Handicapper

Really great idea to have a league mode.

Unfortunately the betting side still hasn't been looked at. So, if you don't use the betting cheat, buy up all the horses at the sales and play a number of seasons you have to rush through(which I find zero fun) you will be at a huge disadvantage when playing in the league. For me personally the online league will never be an option until the betting is changed. Why can't there be a limit on winnings won from betting of say 500K each season? That way everyone starts from a level playing field and you would have a much more competitive league with more newbies joining it.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure the CK is working correctly or am i missing something here?

When i go to trail some horses in another country it crashes every time.

What would be amazing is to be able to breed with other mares around the world just like in real life and pay a fee to do so. This would be a game changer in my opinion.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure the CK is working correctly or am i missing something here?

When i go to trail some horses in another country it crashes every time.

What would be amazing is to be able to breed with other mares around the world just like in real life and pay a fee to do so. This would be a game changer in my opinion.

Mark i sent you an email in regards to breeding pairs disappearing at the end of the season. I also sent my saved game file.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 pm
Handicapper

I think it's a good improvement. Only slight issue I have is the visibility to distinguish unrealised potential and current potential isn't always immediately obvious and can be an eye strain.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
And I would like a separate flat and jump stable for easier managing horses.

There is a drop down list on the training menu (for some reason I removed it from the home menu but will put it back in). This allow you to filter horses by recent flat or jumps form so will only list your flat or jumps horses.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:17 am
Group 2 winner

I'm really enjoying playing the actual game again rather than just quick breeding. I do think a November start time for the league look's optimistic as it will take some time to get a team together. Long term much better though.

I have lost all my exports twice now though, straight after going into an old 'none league mode' game. Not a big deal as never had loads anyway, just slightly annoying an maybe something needs looking at as could have been very damaging. I will be backing up now so to avoid a repeat, but could be looked at?

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:57 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I have lost all my exports twice now though

I have noticed a couple of people reported this. I have no idea why it would happen. The only thing I can think of is people running the website version AND then the Steam version or visa-versa (and I'm not even sure this would cause the problem).

Manual backups are the most foolproof way of protecting your exports and saves but even if you have not made a manual backup, if you lose your exports immediately quit and browse the saves folder. There should be a hdb_?.bak (backup) file. Rename that to hdb_?.db. I will add this to the sticky.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 am
Group 2 winner

Mark wrote:
Quote:
I have lost all my exports twice now though

I have noticed a couple of people reported this. I have no idea why it would happen. The only thing I can think of is people running the website version AND then the Steam version or visa-versa (and I'm not even sure this would cause the problem).

Manual backups are the most foolproof way of protecting your exports and saves but even if you have not made a manual backup, if you lose your exports immediately quit and browse the saves folder. There should be a hdb_?.bak (backup) file. Rename that to hdb_?.db. I will add this to the sticky.

Thanks Mark, just so you're aware, I haven't actually got it in steam so mine wont be that? It is always straight after going into one of the old games from before the league mode update, after that they instantly disappear. I've deleted all those old games now anyway so fingers crossed

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am
Handicapper

One thing I think might be a nice addition. It to potentially mention one of the hidden stats in the head lad comments that the horse has that is relatively good. Such as "Horse seems to finish races strongly", "Can cope with a few distances/surfaces", just one though and the same regardless if the hidden stat was 100 or 60, etc.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:35 pm
Selling plater

Hi, new to this forum. Just started playing the game. I think this game needs a "Fog of War" system. Where you don't see your horses full stats until it runs 5 times. After every run you unlock 2 of the stat bars such as Start and Accel. After 5 runs you unlock its potential. I also think the addition of headgear or gelding horses should also make an impact on the horse and possibly it's potential. Some horses including low grade horse can improve so much for the addition of headgear and gelding etc.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:39 pm
Group 3 winner

Mark
would it be possible to add to horses distances in create races in race builder ?
like it was is S06

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm
Group 3 winner

Personally I think it`s working perfectly, feels like old times, the potential bar was the only new bar that mainly mattered anyway. I voted for no bars but was happy to see the potential bar added to the main bars in league mode. Makes sorting 2yo's out easier and also not having to go to another screen to see secondary stats. Don`t really care about hidden stats as can see what my horses do when I watch them run, along with jockey feedback.

I will back up the potential bar visual, maybe different colours or something, it is a bit of an eyestrain with green on light green.

savio1978 wrote:
Unfortunately the betting side still hasn't been looked at. So, if you don't use the betting cheat, buy up all the horses at the sales and play a number of seasons you have to rush through(which I find zero fun) you will be at a huge disadvantage when playing in the league. For me personally the online league will never be an option until the betting is changed. Why can't there be a limit on winnings won from betting of say 500K each season? That way everyone starts from a level playing field and you would have a much more competitive league with more newbies joining it.

Doesn't make a difference. Will take me a few fast seasons (because I have no horses to start with) to start breeding decent horses with no betting, just sell my stock and buy good stock. I only do it to speed it up, but to be honest it makes no difference because I have money earlier but no idea if the horses I`m buying are any good. The only reason people do it is to get a head start on buying up all the auction horses (good luck). If the betting was removed it wouldn't make any difference.
You are not at a disadvantage in the league! Try it!

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next