View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
I think preps are also an issue, horses may be likely to run in races that are both prep races for the st james palace and the commonwealth cup, and therefore run in both of these races days apart.

The option to have some control over non feature races would be great!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Ive had some ideas regarding the prep races. Firstly, because there is now no limit to the number of prep races, some races have a lot of prep races, too many for all the placed horses from these races to run in the target race. As a result I think the game favours certain prep races, seemingly those that are most recent and those from the same country as the target race. I think it would be good for all prep races to be regarded equally, and for which of the prep race winners enter the target race to vary from year to year. Or perhaps it could even be less equal but slightly favour the prep races that are listed first in the schedule file, so that the winners from the first 4 or 5 prep races almost always enter the target race, whereas the winners from the 8th or 9th prep race do some years and not others.

I also thought of an opposite to prep races, anti-preps maybe, which could work in the same way as preps, but instead of encouraging horses from prep races to run in target races, winners and placed horses of races listed as anti-preps for a target race would be encouraged to not enter the target race. For example, the 2000 Guineas could be a prep for the St James' Palace Stakes, but horses from the 2000 Guineas may run in the Derby in between. A horse placed in the Guineas would then be encouraged to run in the St James' Palace Stakes, but if the Derby is an anti-prep race for the St James' Palace Stakes, and that horse ran and won the Derby after the Guineas, they would then be disencouraged to run in the St James' Palace Stakes.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 pm
Group 3 winner

Sat down to play a little this morning, and, went to declare horses for future races. I have about 45 2 year olds, after the end of May, apart from an odd pattern race here and there, races for 2 year olds fall off the end of a cliff. From having 50-60 opportunities in maidens and novice races it goes to less than a handful, and this pattern continues for the rest of the season. I am getting to the point of wondering why I keep bothering to bash my head against a brick wall. Next time I will wait before parting with my hard earned, and may just not bother unless there are serious improvements to warrant the expense. It may not be a lot of money, but, and I keep harping on about this, the schedule (feature and non feature races) has stood still just about whilst the horse pool and stable sizes have expanded. I was going to meddle with the schedule, but, decided that wasn't what I paid for.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 am
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
Sat down to play a little this morning, and, went to declare horses for future races. I have about 45 2 year olds, after the end of May, apart from an odd pattern race here and there, races for 2 year olds fall off the end of a cliff. From having 50-60 opportunities in maidens and novice races it goes to less than a handful, and this pattern continues for the rest of the season. I am getting to the point of wondering why I keep bothering to bash my head against a brick wall. Next time I will wait before parting with my hard earned, and may just not bother unless there are serious improvements to warrant the expense. It may not be a lot of money, but, and I keep harping on about this, the schedule (feature and non feature races) has stood still just about whilst the horse pool and stable sizes have expanded. I was going to meddle with the schedule, but, decided that wasn't what I paid for.

Maybe you should have waited till the BETA was over before buying?

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Group 3 winner

bazdev wrote:
neves_rats wrote:

Maybe you should have waited till the BETA was over before buying?

Often bitten, next time shy. Hindsight is so wonderful. I was letting off some steam, and I get it that the game may well be what some people were hoping for, asking for, and a lot of it is, but, some bits just aren't changing. As for beta finishing, when would that be? its been 9 months so far.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Group 2 winner

Lets not forget so7 had to have new engines and a lot of new data, so we all have to be patient with mark if we want a good game moving forward, but to tell the truth I really like the changes in the game, and everything mark has added to it, what we need to do is what qwsa is doing I mean this thread alone has moved the game forward to magical play time now compared to before, when you go back and read the beginning of this thread everybody had a go at poor qwsa but he persevered with what he believed the game needed, and walla! the game is starting to shine, a lot can be learned from qwsa, we all need to help mark get the game finished properly not complain.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:17 am
Group 3 winner

Tomas wrote:
Lets not forget so7 had to have new engines and a lot of new data, so we all have to be patient with mark if we want a good game moving forward, but to tell the truth I really like the changes in the game, and everything mark has added to it, what we need to do is what qwsa is doing I mean this thread alone has moved the game forward to magical play time now compared to before, when you go back and read the beginning of this thread everybody had a go at poor qwsa but he persevered with what he believed the game needed, and walla! the game is starting to shine, a lot can be learned from qwsa, we all need to help mark get the game finished properly not complain.

It's incredulous that any differing opinion, or differing needs from the game voiced on here are then branded as complaining. There is more than one type of player plays the game.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:17 am
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
Tomas wrote:

It's incredulous that any differing opinion, or differing needs from the game voiced on here are then branded as complaining. There is more than one type of player plays the game.

Of course there is but.....

"I am getting to the point of wondering why I keep bothering to bash my head against a brick wall. Next time I will wait before parting with my hard earned, and may just not bother unless there are serious improvements to warrant the expense"

Do you not class that as complaining?

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:19 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Tomas, I think the game has really improved a lot in recent patches, with Mark making a lot of changes suggested on this thread, not just by me but others too. It's really great to be able to make suggestions and have the person who makes the game listen and implement them. Neves_rats, many of the changes that have happened have been changes you have asked for before too, so you should be able to see that the game is improving, we cant expect every change we want and ask for to happen and especially not all at once. The opportunities for lower class horses and maidens/novices is something that could be improved and Mark has said that he is looking into ways of doing this, so you're not bashing your head against a wall, you are being listened to on this point and others you've made before.

So a couple more things I've thought whilst playing through the game; it might be something specific to the schedule I'm playing with, but there seems to be a problem with horses that win group one races exclusively for 3 year olds and 2 year olds then progressing through their careers into races for 3youp, so a lot of horses run in early season classics, and races like the at james palace stakes and if they win any of these group ones, or did win group ones at 2, then dont run again after the last race they ran for 3 year olds, even when those races are preps for races for 3year olds and up like the Sussex stakes and juddmonte stakes. I dont know how well I've explained that but I'd be interested to see if this is a problem no matter the schedule.

Also, in the game, group one winners tend to keep to group one races, and not step down in class to group twos or threes. Which is great and realistic, however, maybe it might add to the realism of horses careers if they win group ones one season, they can still drop in grade the next season, that way a group one winner at 3 years old, could then begin their next season in a group two for example before going to group ones, as they do in real life, as at the moment, a middle distance horse that has won a group one probably wont run in a new season until perhaps the prince of Wales stakes in June, whereas in real life these horses are likely to run in a prep race before this that in most cases would be a group two or three.
This would also be good for classic trials if group one winners at 2 were still able to run in group two or three classic trials the next season.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:36 pm
Group 3 winner

bazdev wrote:
neves_rats wrote:
Tomas wrote:

Of course there is but.....

"I am getting to the point of wondering why I keep bothering to bash my head against a brick wall. Next time I will wait before parting with my hard earned, and may just not bother unless there are serious improvements to warrant the expense"

Do you not class that as complaining?

I would classify it as stating a fact, not a complaint. The complaints have been previous, tired of complaining, so, I will stop parting with money for the game, that was my point, unless there are sufficient improvements, in my opinion as the person opening my wallet, to warrant it. So far, for how I play, and for what I expected from the initial hype from Mark, then the game has fallen short. If improvements to schedule had been stated as being prize money updated and a couple of extra races added, then fair enough, I wouldn't have bothered.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm
Group 2 winner

There is no such thing as a perfect world neves_rats, not even in the thoroughbred racing industry, every trainer want things to change to suit them in the real world of racing, well, it can't be done; so why do you threaten not to buy the game next time, childish threats, that does nothing for the game we love, all it does is bad publicity, and most of you people that are knocking the game can't even put a schedule together, if you don't want to buy the game next time neves_rats. "don't", or better still if you want your money refunded email mark I am sure he will Accommodate you, no hard feelings meant from me.

peace.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I think the horses preferred distance should be more important when it comes to AI entries. For example, even if a horse wins a race that is a prep for another race, the horse should only run in that race if it's a distance the horse is suited to according to the breeding. For example if the guineas is used as a prep for the derby.

Also, having nothing in place preventing horses from running just days apart is making prepping races realistically very difficult, if there was something such as has been suggested, a 7 day rule or an added condition, I think prepping could lead to much more realistic fields.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:24 am
Group 1 winner

I've been adding a lot of 2 year old races through the middle months of the year to reflect a similar number to real life, as the number of 2 year olds in training in my game is around 4000, a similar number to real life in the UK, I've been trying to add a similar amount of races. It is working well, however it is clear that there is still a big issue with some horses running too often and others not at all. There are a large number of 2 year olds running a lot of times.

And when you get to the next season, in June, I looked through each of the trainers and for every trainer in the game at least half of the three year olds they have have not ran or only ran once, whereas the others have lots of runs, this should be evened out, so that almost every horse has ran by this time.

Maybe something encouraging horses who havent ran to run in races instead of horses that have lots of runs.

This is a really important issue in making the AI more realistic.

I'm sorry if I'm making too many suggestions or doing so too quickly, I'm just writing them as I come upon them in the game.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Was there a new condition in so7, something along the lines of musthavewon and then the minimum class of race?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:35 am
Group 2 winner

hey qwsa I am loving all your suggestions mate keep them coming, and I think mark is liken it too, because most of your suggestions make sense.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next