View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
jalupen wrote:
just got to the point in my game where my nags are breaking overall records however they are absolutely rubbish as 2yo and the 2yo that are good don't train on I love/hate this game! its kinda brutal but fun

I'm on my 18 season on the flat and I'm loving it , just play a game without all the other crap bits. I'm doing no trails until a few weeks before the league season , it might be a massive disadvantage but it's great not having to run races and what ever I bred it will be organic . My best horses has only got about 80% potential so they will be miles behind all these full potential horses but I just want it to be fun without having to keep chasing the big boys .

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
just got to the point in my game where my nags are breaking overall records however they are absolutely rubbish as 2yo and the 2yo that are good don't train on I love/hate this game! its kinda brutal but fun

I'm on my 18 season on the flat and I'm loving it , just play a game without all the other crap bits. I'm doing no trails until a few weeks before the league season , it might be a massive disadvantage but it's great not having to run races and what ever I bred it will be organic . My best horses has only got about 80% potential so they will be miles behind all these full potential horses but I just want it to be fun without having to keep chasing the big boys .

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Group 1 winner

john im not convinced potential is a massive advantage my best miler only has 85% my best sprinter has 90% they beat 95-100% horses in my trials so the jurys out for me plus I have a massive stable and it takes about 6 hrs to run a season but im really enjoying it try to keep on top of my ck by trialling at the end of each season then discarding trash then put the best into the breeding barn real old school stuff but much more interesting than churning out clone after clone

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm of the opinion that 100% potential was only the way to go previously because it was combined with all the other stats being perfect. Then massively deep bred. I'd say now a 70% horse that has a lot of the background stats would likely be better for this now. Problem is there's no way of knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

I am loving this game the way it is. I have to admit, I love trialling horses, playing round in the CK an finding a horse that beats the rest is so much fun for me. All the other stuff I hated, like quick breeding an constantly using the same horses all the time. Just playing the game an loads of trialling is perfect for me

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 pm
Group 1 winner

One thing to look for - if you peruse the form of a sire and you see the terms "battled back" or "gamely" multiple times or even just once it means they have a high battling qualities bar. I think that's the only bar with form clues.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:04 am
Group 3 winner

This game is like waiting for a bus, u can wait forever and then two turns up :D :D

I found this mare in the 2yo sale at the end of my 19th season , the best potential mare i've had. :D

And then straight at the start of the 20th season i find this one , now he's clearly the best potential horse i've seen in my game :D :D

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Group 3 winner

My best in-game horse until now:

Three Gold cups, a great stayer. Will try to see if ha can go on and have a chasing career. Rated 140.

Really love the game now, with the hidden stats and no transfers. Make you play the game and enjoy it. I haven't started trialling yet, but will try to build up a good base of horses from UK, US, Australia and Ireland first.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:42 am
Group 3 winner

Question
i have noticed after each season the fillys and mares lose there fitness bar in the breeding barn = does this effect there breeding ?
i just put all my fillys and mares back in main stable to get them 100% fitness and then put them back in breeding barn
this is a bit time wasting if the fitness bar matters ?
any help here please
Del

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:14 pm
Group 1 winner

No has no effect. That must be really tedious moving almost 200 horses back and forth

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:42 am
Group 1 winner

Trying to breed 2YO milers is great fun they go from 5 furlong sprinters to 10 furlong horses at the end
of the season never go to a mile always jump 4 or 5 furlongs in distance

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I'm ok breeding 7 or 8 furlong 2yo, I can't breed any 5. Furlong horses at any age and breeding 2m+ horses in the US is almost impossible so far. How many Mares do people have in their breeding barn, i've got 55 and before we started the game I thought I would struggle to have that many, I thought my head would explode. I really didn't think I would be able to breed all the horses at all the diferent distances in one game but i'm enjoying the challenge.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:07 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I'm ok breeding 7 or 8 furlong 2yo, I can't breed any 5. Furlong horses at any age and breeding 2m+ horses in the US is almost impossible so far. How many Mares do people have in their breeding barn, i've got 55 and before we started the game I thought I would struggle to have that many, I thought my head would explode. I really didn't think I would be able to breed all the horses at all the diferent distances in one game but i'm enjoying the challenge.

About the same number as you John

God knows how but i have managed to breed gold cup horses in America that beat
my non league play exports in CK Trials again god knows how

Infact at every distance i have trialed at so far my best CK horses are from league play
my old horses are gradually getting wiped out in the CK

Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Meet Sagamartha a big buy at only 2,000 pounds thats right that cheap pity i didn't take a picture guys she came to the sales during the jump season which he was a ok i wanted to buy some Jumpers so i bought her what a great buy it has turned out was running over the wrong distances lots of time but when stepped up in trip was winning so i bought it.

Turns out on the Flat she ran once and won her only race in a 1m 2f maiden i decided to put her back on the flat and since she stepped up to 2m 4f shes turned into a star in my previuos games SO6 most great stayers was Stallions this is a Mare so hopefully shes 9 now she breed some really good stayers she has since won the Welsh Grand National grade 3 handicap Chase over the Jumps and was brought down in the National when she was really going like a winner.

I have kept her to try and win the National at 10 then off to stud.

Image Image

Gray

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Now I know I could do that Gray, the combine game is not for me but I think it might have a advantage breeding jump horses. Breeding jumpers in a jump game is really hard because I just can't find any good horses in the sale and all the jump sires don't enter the barn until 10 and I think their are past it by then, im lucky I found that good horse at the start and so I might have some nice 3m+ chasers.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

League squad now starting to take shape

SO7 League Team 23
4+

2m4 - F - Galactical Storm - Humble Fuss x Shipyard Sally - 30
2m - S - Adamski - Ship Wrecked x Galactical Storm - 24
3YO
5F - C - Armed Guard - Armed Missile x Glad All Over - 28
6F - C - Space Jam - Carrickboy x Poor Skin - 23
1m - C - White Satin - Carrickboy x April Lee - 30
1m - C - Valentino - Nicto Sung x Special Forces - 22
1m - F - Midway Pepper - Amigos Dos Santos x Greta Marx - 30
1m - F - Greta Marx - Carpinho Gonk x Qickly Misjudged - 17
1m2 - C - White Gold - Glebehall Bay x Levamtine Rose - 30
1m2 - C - Cedar Mountain - Sky View x Nakkita - 19
1m2 - F - Royal Herritige - Sky View x Lady Van Dyck - 26
1m2 - F - Alaska - Sky View x Gillian Anderson - 26
1m4 - C - Court Of Appeal - Belgrade x Harrow On The Hill - 24
1m4 - C - Cedar Mountain - Sky View x Nakkita - 17
1m4 - F - Pharoah Queen - St Petersburg x Julliet Cappliette - 26
1m4 - F - Annita - Sky View x Pathfinder - 20
1m6 - F - Milano - St Petersburg x Gelsenkirken - 26
2m - C - Eclipsed - Court Of Appeal x Reflection - 24
2YO
5F - C - Rapid Fire - No Nay Never x Jean Be Mean - 19
5F - F - Pankhurst Flyer - Targeted Villain x Highness - 28
6F - C - Armed Missile - Targeted Villain x Cathy Freeman - 28
6F - F - En Chante - Elliot Ness x Down With That - 24
1m2 - F - The Dorchester - Sky View x Honey For Money - 28

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next