View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Purchase 
Selling plater

Post New Purchase
I only bought so7 last night and whilst I know that files can be modded, I am very disappointed to see the game's designer didn't even update the jockey/trainer lists. I bought the game to play it, not to fix it. Can we please get an update for this?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: New Purchase
It's called copy rights Tiznow, the author of the game is not going to use real jockeys or Trainers names because he will stand a chance of being sued, so it's up to the player that buys the game to use real jockeys or trainers names or even horse names, but I hope you enjoy playing the game you will get a lot of real fun out of your play time.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 am
Selling plater

I know the names have to be changed slightly from reality, that is fine. If they had updated the list with just slight spelling changes that would have been very easy to go in and edit. They haven't even done that though, half of the jockeys and trainers on that list aren't even active anymore, some aren't even alive!!

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 am
Site Admin

The Jockeys and Trainers were update ages ago albeit with mixed up initials and surnames so they must have got overwritten at some point. I will add it to the list.

As mentioned if you want them realistic you will have to download mods for copyright reasons.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:35 pm
Selling plater

Ok I would definitely appreciate that! Just things like jockeys when done from scratch is a much bigger job than it seems at first when you consider that they all need to be aligned to the correct yards, and then with trainers they need to be aligned to the correct locations and owners. I wish I had the kind of free time to do these things but sadly that isn't the case. I'll stick with it, got a little frustrated straight after purchase last night. Some areas have disappointed me, but then I've taken more of a look at the breeding side of things now, and for that, I can say excellent work.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 pm
Selling plater

If all the new jockeys and trainers are just there with misspelt names, that is very easy to just go in and correct :)

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]