View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
I have to say what a change version 146 is to the game, you have spent so much time qwsa working out the annoying problems in the game I have to thank you again friend & mark also for listening to you, you qwsa have taught me a great deal friend, one of which how to come across and communicate, thank you.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark, after 0.146 the maxruns conditions is not working at all, not only isnt it working with =0, but also any number is now not working, whereas they were before.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:27 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Mark, after 0.146 the maxruns conditions is not working at all, not only isnt it working with =0, but also any number is now not working, whereas they were before.

Hopefuly this is now fixed 0.147.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Thats working now, Thanks Mark!

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Following the latest patch and the fixing of maxruns=0, I have managed to get another about 300 2 year olds running during the season just with the addition of some more races for newcomers, I'm sure by adding more I can get even more running. This is making huge improvements as there are much more horses running and with unexposed good form to go into the 3 year old season. I have been working on the 2 year old races for colts mostly so far, and feel all of the group and listed races are almost perfect to real life in terms of the fields I am getting and the races horses are running in.

I feel bad to keep asking for more when Mark is listening to and implementing so many suggestions, and I don't want to repeat myself too much. The game is improving so much and is without a doubt the most realistic it has ever been. But, at the risk of repeating myself and asking for too much, Mark, is there the possibility of bringing in something that can stop horses running too close together, as this is still happening and especially when the schedule has quite a lot of preps, which I feel is needed to get the most realism from the game. Is it something you have considered trying to bring in, perhaps a minimum number of days between races, or an additional condition onto races to make horses that have ran within a certain number of days ineligible? Do you think its something that could work?

Thank you, and thank you for listening to all the suggestions by myself and others.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
I am seeing a lot of staying horses running in mile and above maidens and novices as 2 year olds

That might be why I'm seeing what I'm seeing in the Australian schedule, qwsa. The Australian schedule doesn't do races for 2yos over 1m.

I haven't been following the thread closely, do you mind summing up how you're using the maxruns=0?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 am
Group 1 winner

You can have more than one condition, the format is as the example below:

<CONDITIONS>maxruns=1,notwonclass=2

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

No, mine are working without a second comma

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm
Handicapper

When you put the races through the SO6 converter, they come out with the comma at the end, maybe it's an old thing.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I feel bad to keep asking for more when Mark is listening to and implementing so many suggestions, and I don't want to repeat myself too much. The game is improving so much and is without a doubt the most realistic it has ever been. But, at the risk of repeating myself and asking for too much, Mark, is there the possibility of bringing in something that can stop horses running too close together, as this is still happening and especially when the schedule has quite a lot of preps, which I feel is needed to get the most realism from the game.Under what circumstances are you getting horses running too frequently.

Most of the time it should be good. When this happens it is likely that there are problems filling a race (probable a feature) and the game would rather have a horse run too often than have a walk over or unrealistic field size. Are you saying the preps are specifying a path with races to close togeather?

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:46 am
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure that it is because there arent enough horses to fill feature races as there should be a lot of horses available that could run, and the fields could be smaller without there being any danger of walk overs.

With the preps I mean that if a schedule is fully prepped, so that lots of big races are prepped, and i think this is necessary to get fields as realistic as possible, then it's likely that two races close together will have overlapping preps somewhere along the line, that in real life some horses from one race A may then run in race B and some in race C, whereas in the game if race A is a prep for race B and race C, instead of choosing one because they are close together, the horse will run in both.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
whereas in the game if race A is a prep for race B and race C, instead of choosing one because they are close together, the horse will run in both.

If this is the cause then something can probably be done. If you have a sequence that always causes problems in one of your schedules please send it in.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

In my schedule, because there are quite a lot of feature races, and it is heavily prepped there are a few sequences where it happens, and quite a few more where I'd like to prep them more but cant because it would cause this.

How can I send it in? Do you mean send in the schedule file?

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:02 pm
Site Admin

Yes the schedule and showcase file it will help with testing. support@startersorders.com

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mark, I have sent them over.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next