View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Handicapper

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
I am finding a lot of 2 year olds are only running once which I am finding frustrating as when I get a good horse what wins or gets just beat, I like to watch the form to see if my horses form is franked or not as a guide to see how good my horse is but in a lot of cases the early horse don’t run again, please could this be sorted out.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:19 pm
Handicapper

Trouble is I am one of those that can’t make my own schedule but with the amount of novice races for 2yos I can’t see why they are not running in them.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
whereas in the game if race A is a prep for race B and race C, instead of choosing one because they are close together, the horse will run in both.

It is probably best to avoid conflicting preps (where two target races exist in close proximity) where possible but hopefully patch 0.149 has improved the way this is handled.

The preps code is quite involved so please give feedback as to any improvements or otherwise.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mark, I will see how it is after the next patch and give feedback.

I don't think a rating after one game adds any realism, but rather takes away from it, this has been gone over many times already.

When we are out of beta, the schedule I'm working on which I think is looking really great thanks to the changes that have been coming recently, will be available to download, so as those who can't do it themselves can play with a more complete schedule with lots of opportunities and realistic fields.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

That's not what happens in real life, in real life horses get a rating after 3 runs, or after 2 if they win both of their first 2 starts.

I know improvements are not only what I want, and lots of others have suggested changes that have been implemented too.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm
Group 2 winner

qwsa wrote:
That's not what happens in real life, in real life horses get a rating after 3 runs, or after 2 if they win both of their first 2 starts.

I know improvements are not only what I want, and lots of others have suggested changes that have been implemented too.

don't even acknowledge him qwsa , you are a god send, doing a great job mate.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:01 am
Group 1 winner

Both of those cases were quite a few years ago, and the rules have been changed now to reflect the changes in the racing calendar, with lots of novices replacing maidens to give first time out winners opportunities. Given that the game has also done this by having lots of novices, it surely makes sense that the game reflects the change in rules in real life too?

The only thing given first time out winners a rating would do is make first time out winners run in handicaps, and that would take these horses away from feature races which are where we want to see them most.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 am
Group 2 winner

Greyhawk wrote:
Perhaps someone should tell John Gosden about the two run rule for handicap rating.

Go look up Muwaary on the racing post website:

One run in a maiden which he won and then straight into a handicap with a rating of 82.

https://ibb.co/TqDmv9p

Hard to 'ignore' the facts Tomas.

I do believe Jack Hobbs was the same:

Won a Wolverhampton maiden on debut then straight into a handicap at Sandown off 85 which he won by 12 lengths.

https://ibb.co/z5TxM36

Greyhawk or should I call you steven, please don't mess up this thread mate, what your talking about, mark made it clear that he will not implement, so it's worthless to keep harping about the same thing, qwsa is doing a great job helping mark fix this game to perfection just think of what his doing, he is not playing the game, he is sacrificing his own time testing the game and doing a great job, if you asked me, there is no pleasant person in this forum like qwsa and fair, if I was mark I would make him a "Moderator" to say the least.

come on Greyhawk lets keep this beautiful thread moving freely and respect the person that opened this thread up, which is qwsa.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:10 am
Group 1 winner

Mark, the preps are looking much better! Horses are not running in races too close together now, which is great! Thank you

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Steve, if you want you can send your save to me and I can take a look, because I'm not experiening anything like what you are describing. Maxruns=0 os working well for me, I've managed to get another 400 horses running just from adding some in. SO6 had these problems too so suggesting that SO7 isnt an improvement in this area of the game is quite ludicrous.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Send it to .... and I'll take a look.

Last edited by qwsa on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

I think something else that would be great, I mentioned it briefly before, but if horses could run in lower grade races than their highest grade win at the beginning of new seasons. This would be especially good with 2 year olds going into their 3 year old seasons. Group one and two winners at 2 years old tend to still often run in lower grades classic trials such as the craven, greenham and dante to begin their 3 year old seasons. Frankel for example ran in the greenham. Some such as mohawk last year, a group 2 winner as a 2 year old, then ran in a listed derby trial as his first run at 3. If the game could implement this it would help get better and more realistic fields in classic trials I think.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks for doing this Mark, having group 2 and 1 winners running in races like the craven and greenham is much more realistic. Horses in the game are now mirroring real life horses classic campaigns.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:04 pm
Group 1 winner

The game is looking really good! By far the best I've ever had it in terms of realistic fields.

I've added some early season (April/May) novice and maiden races for 3 year olds, and I'm finding that these races are filling with horses with 1 or 2 runs, with lots of horses that have won races, which is ok, but then the horses that are coming from these novices, with good unexposed form are not running in pattern races and higher class handicaps, because these races are being filled by horses that have run a lot more times and generally have form in pattern races already. I think there should be more progression from novice races and maidens into pattern races, particularly for 3 year olds.

Mark, if I could send my schedule as I did before, I think it could demonstrate the point a little better?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Its great that horses can now drop in class for the first run of the season, but could this include listed races? So maybe group 3 and perhaps group 2 winners can drop to listed races for their first run too? At the moment it only includes group races, but some listed races such as the feilden stakes, dee stakes and lingfield derby trial often attract group winners.

Thanks

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next