View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 AI and schedule improvements to Jumps Game 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: AI and schedule improvements to Jumps Game
Thats working better now Mark, thanks.

The biggest issue with the jumps game I think is in novice hurdle races, theres a severe lack of novice hurdlers, especially from nationalities other than trhe home nationality, this leads to walk overs and void races in a lot of novice hurdle races, and to horses running in every novice hurdle race throughout the season and so having lots and lots of runs.

I think the cause of the issue is that only horses of one age are running in novice hurdle races, and a large number of horses dont seem to be running until they are older, and then going straight into chasing.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:31 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Mark,

I don't wish to harp on, but just thought I'd asl if the jumps game going to be looked and any changes are planned?

Thanks

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:16 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
The biggest issue with the jumps game I think is in novice hurdle races, theres a severe lack of novice hurdlers, especially from nationalities other than trhe home nationality, this leads to walk overs and void races in a lot of novice hurdle races, and to horses running in every novice hurdle race throughout the season and so having lots and lots of runs.

I think the cause of the issue is that only horses of one age are running in novice hurdle races, and a large number of horses dont seem to be running until they are older, and then going straight into chasing.

There were a lot of trade offs with jumping. It doesn't look to bad on the default schedule although novice hurdlers are probably running a bit frequently.

Is this with a modded schedule in the jumps game or a combined game?

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:47 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm finding this with any schedule, the default one too, the irish races particularly have very very few novice hurdlers, and the uk too, if you look at the ages of almost all novice hurdlers, they are almost all 5 year olds (after new year). I think this is a bug in the game, and it means too many horses are not able to go novice hurdling when they surpass this age, leading to a lack of novice hurdlers, and too many horses going straight into jumping. I also do think novice hurdlers are running too much. With the pool sizes possible, there should be lots and lots of novice hurdlers in the game, but there isn't. I think also, perhaps horses that are maidens should still be novices regardless of whether its their first season, this would help in having more horses available for novices too. This is just something I have noticed.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:08 pm
Group 1 winner

It's a problem because the way the NH is set up its set up like it is real most horse's that will be 4 at the Start of the season in September would most likely gone down the Juvenile hurdle route at 3 in sept the previous Season turn 4 in January which means it wont be able to go into Novice Hurdle races and will have to run in Handicaps, Novice chases.

What the solution should be is Bumper Horses allocated say around 150 a year at 3yo by the game spend the first season has bumper horses then the following season at 4 can then run the Novice Hurdle route the combined needs this so a Auction for 3yo Bumper horses at the Start of the New NH Season September so trainers can buy.

Gray

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

But there seems to be a very large number of horses that simply don't run, they don't run in juvenile hurdle races, or bumpers, and then they get to an age of about 6 or 7 and often go straight into jumping, these older horses should be able to go novice hurdling too, not just 4 year olds.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm
Site Admin

There may be more than one issue here. The question regarding horses that appear to get lost and just don't run at all is part of the problem but there are likely to be other issues or possibly engine restrictions in play.

Update 1.022 has some tweaks to help trainers get these horses (that don't get run) into races. I'm not sure at this point if it will help in the long run with the novice races.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark,

Are the novice races now correctly graded too?

As per the Opening post.

Thanks

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mark! Are the older horses that now dont get lost expected to be able to run in novice hurdle races even at older ages now?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:34 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Are the novice races now correctly graded too?

it's not possible to introduce graded Novices. It would require significant changes and a restart. It may be possible to hack it in based on prize money but I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

Quote:
Thanks Mark! Are the older horses that now dont get lost expected to be able to run in novice hurdle races even at older ages now?

It may help the Novice hurdles but I can't be sure right now. If should get some 'lost' 5yo's back in novices. Older horses are likely to take other routes.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:06 pm
Group 3 winner

1st thing I would like to see is a huge removal of NHF races, they don`t represent real NHF races and there are way too many of them. I would rather there be more novice races at various distances in thier place. I`m finding myself entering up to 5 or 6 horses in specific distance novice races just to get a handicap rating and stuffed if I don`t because then it means entering a conditional or graded race to be rated.

Also anyway of making a novice still be a novice the same way a maiden is a maiden with the exception that it carries through the season?

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:54 am
Group 1 winner

Can we expect further improvements to the jumps game or is the way it is now how it will stay?

Thanks

Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm
Site Admin

There is likely to be further tweaks but not right now as I'm dealing with other things.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mark!

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Something I've noticed is that horses in their season after their novice season are not very good, they can win all the best novice races and then the next season when they go into senior graded races they are not good enough, this is happening for both hurdles and chases. I think part of the reason for this is that horses are peaking way too old, horses seem to be peaking at 10 years old plus, meaning all the biggest grade one races like the champion hurdle, gold cup etc are being mostly filled with really old horses and being won by these horses, instead of the 6-10 year olds that should be the ones on their prime.

Novice chasers seem to be running too often as well, and over too much of a range of distances I think.

Thanks!

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next