View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The SO7 Experiment? 
Group 3 winner

Post The SO7 Experiment?
Success or Failure?

Last season there were lots of calls for a change to the League game to help even up the trainers and encourage new trainers.
Top trainers dominating the league was seen to be a bad thing.
Looking back at the previous few seasons there were mostly 5 or 6 trainers that were grouped together at the pointy end of the League table.

Looking at the Flat race results so far this season there are 2 trainers absolutely dominating the League.
Leon in 2nd place has almost twice the wins and prize money as the 3rd placed trainer.

Did we go to far in scrapping exports AND stats?
Is there a need to make some fine tuning adjustments, eg: NO transfers but make the stats visible again or visa versa?
Now that Paul and Leon have the "good genes" in their stable, will the rest of the trainers be able to bridge the gap?

I am not having a go at Paul or Leon, hats off to them for getting the recipe right!
But i dont think that the current situation has enhanced the league and delivered a more "even" spread of trainers as intended.

What do you think?

Fri May 29, 2020 9:01 am
Handicapper

Post Re: The SO7 Experiment?
So if stats were visible and Paul and Leon were still the top trainers what would you say? Remove the stats again? You're sounding a bit bitter here

Has been a success for me anyway :)

I think it's more realistic not seeing the hidden stats, you have to race your horses to see how good they are, just like in real life.

Fri May 29, 2020 9:26 am
Group 1 winner

As a trainer returning to the league and being here through hexing, ttf, transfer pooling, duplicate horse files and everything in between I have to say the things in place NOW, the hidden files, the league mode game, ttf file gone I believe it’s the most level playing field we have had, no matter what you do in any league you will always have 1 or 2 players who will do better than others, but in this apart from the big races we have new G1 winners at week 7!
Previous season we would have never have seen that, the hcaps and other levels the wins have been split around many other trainers, the best will always come to the top as in real life BUT I do think this league gives EVERYONE the same chance of being a top trainer rather than just game time and game play. It’s about finding the right breeding system, finding your own way of getting results and this game now gives us all the chance of every season checking CK to find you’ve bred a monster.

In my opinion nothing game wise should be changed, a think schedule tweaks and the wide running (which hopefully might be sorted) is the only things the league needs attention.

Fri May 29, 2020 9:29 am
Group 1 winner

I think this game works by a million miles more than any other game , if u got behind in any of the last games u had 0% change to catch up but its not like that on this game. Up to this window I had only had 215 jumpers go into my CK and I had 300 horses go in it, on the last game I would have been tailed right off in about 20 place in the table with such low numbers but im holding my own and I've not had to play the game madly . U can be competitive with the big boys without a stupid amount of time playing. Yes if people want to be the top trainer in any game on the market u have to play it a lot but im fine with that because we all have different lives and a different amount of time to play the game.

As I've said many times in here , If someone had said at the start of this game that I could breed a horse of any ability in my USA game over 1m4 I would have said u were totally mad and the white coat men were coming for u :D :D . I was still going no where up until Christmas and I had just given up on breeding anything over 1m2 , if I had put my horses over 1m6+ at that time in the league they would have been rated probably around 50 :lol: :lol: in the league . No lie :D :D
And yet one horse ( one computer stallion ) came along and I just thought he looked different in game compared to any other horse I had seen and I threw him a few mares ( not great ones) and he produced Colzean who has gone on to be such a important horse in my game and my league team . All three of his boys Solo- McBirney- Braashee has all won :D :D

That would never have happened in any other SO games , after about 3 months of any other game I stopped using the computer stallions because they were way behind my horses and would add nothing.

Fri May 29, 2020 9:32 am
Group 1 winner

I agree with all the comments above. This is definitely the way forward from now on in.

This new system is a million times better than previous formats , the new game specially the breeding engine is unreal in terms of depth. You have so many options to choose with different stallions. You only have to find that one STALLION which can elevate you lines to new highs. I believe even if newbies wanted to join and studied the forum beforehand on how to play the LEAGUE game they would be in a great position to rapidly be ready for the league.

Next season in my opinion you will see a more balanced playing field in the top races. I guess Leon and Paul have found some awesome game horses and maybe there style of breeding is better than us right now. We have to take into account this is a new game and people are still finding new thing's out with the hidden stats and what they mean. The STAMINA bar for one is so unpredictable i love it. It's means you have to pay real attention and try different distances.

Let's keep on going the way it is. Over time it will balance itself out and you will see a lot more trainers winning the big ones.

Leon and Paul are there to be shot at so to speak and I do love a challenge on getting horses like they have right now or even better.

Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 am
Group 3 winner

Dhughes wrote:
You're sounding a bit bitter here

You know its a shame that i cant ask for peoples opinion or express my own without Dhughes making it personal.

Anyway, Keep Calm and Carry On! :)

Fri May 29, 2020 10:46 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

You know its a shame that i cant ask for peoples opinion or express my own without Dhughes making it personal.

My opinion was that you sounded bitter about Paul and Leon doing so well. I understand you are upset about not doing as well as previous years, it doesn't mean that the rules of the game are wrong. Maybe next year you will be one of the top trainers again.

Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 am
Group 1 winner

To see a trainer Like Paul Fisk get his first Group 1 Hurdler Winner shows me this version LEAGUE MODE was the way to go Paul Rhodes is doing well on the Flat but players like me who only played when I have time can catch up the tff file has been the death of many trainers who could never compete even in Handicaps and I think most trainers realise that its the best thing we did to get rid.

Gray

Fri May 29, 2020 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Dhughes wrote:
Jango wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

My opinion was that you sounded bitter about Paul and Leon doing so well. I understand you are upset about not doing as well as previous years, it doesn't mean that the rules of the game are wrong. Maybe next year you will be one of the top trainers again.

And i understand you are happy that you are doing better than your single 3rd place in a 0-70 in your first season.
Paul and Leon do well every season, so bitterness has nothing to do with it.
Try reading the other trainers responses and you might learn how to engage in a conversation without making personal assumptions about my motivation.

Edit: How do you get bitterness from "I am not having a go at Paul or Leon, hats off to them for getting the recipe right!"

Last edited by Jango on Fri May 29, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Success or Failure?

Last season there were lots of calls for a change to the League game to help even up the trainers and encourage new trainers.
Top trainers dominating the league was seen to be a bad thing.
Looking back at the previous few seasons there were mostly 5 or 6 trainers that were grouped together at the pointy end of the League table.

Looking at the Flat race results so far this season there are 2 trainers absolutely dominating the League.
Leon in 2nd place has almost twice the wins and prize money as the 3rd placed trainer.

Did we go to far in scrapping exports AND stats?
Is there a need to make some fine tuning adjustments, eg: NO transfers but make the stats visible again or visa versa?
Now that Paul and Leon have the "good genes" in their stable, will the rest of the trainers be able to bridge the gap?

I am not having a go at Paul or Leon, hats off to them for getting the recipe right!
But i dont think that the current situation has enhanced the league and delivered a more "even" spread of trainers as intended.

What do you think?

The changes have been excellent look at newcomers Thomas Rogers Paul O'Neil & Mark Jones who all have double figure winners this
proves newcomers can work with the rules even Dan a 2nd season trainer is flourishing.

if these newbies can succeed with the new rules anyone can their performance proves this.

Jango I have huge respect for you but don't understand what you want to change or why.

Also everyone who comes into the game and tries the league dont have a clue at the start I know I certainly did'nt and its a big culture
shock Ryan got a winner this week I KNOW FOR SURE this will spur him on to do better.

What are you actually suggesting a full reset again? Or just for the bars to come back?

Fri May 29, 2020 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

there's no one struggling more than me at the mo which makes every winner even more special even a 0-80 hcap (which I have 2) but the playing field is more level now than its ever been,yes paul and leon are streets ahead but they will be caught it only takes 1 good horse I had a G1 winner in the upload window that improved my lines by 4l in 2 seasons if you stick with it trial every season don't get sentimental with that in game superstar whos a dud in ck and it will improve.

just my two pence worth

Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

I think the league has evolved to the vision I had and pushed hard for and has been very successful.
I think Leon may have stumbled onto rather than worked something out.
Paul and Josh will always be up there - they want it more than most - you just have to look at Josh's '7 formula' post to understand that.

I think Mwesty, Hemz and John have summed it up well.
They were in those earlier leagues and from what I have read and been told about them - they were very nasty leagues full of cheating and power plays.

SO7 has been successful and the most successful league to date.

Fri May 29, 2020 11:52 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:

And i understand you are happy that you are doing better than your single 3rd place in a 0-70 in your first season.

Contradicting your argument that this season is worse for new trainers or less of a level playing field.

Fri May 29, 2020 11:56 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Jango I have huge respect for you but don't understand what you want to change or why.

What are you actually suggesting a full reset again? Or just for the bars to come back?

Paul i was asking what the other trainers thought of the new format and the results it has produced.
NO i am not asking for a full reset!

My impression was that it was to spread out the wins to more trainers.
The facts are that 2 trainers have won more that 1/3 of ALL races run (inc H/caps) in the League so far.
Can you tell me this is the result you were expecting when we dropped TTF's and visible stats.

Clearly all comments so far overwhelmingly thinks its a great thing and that's fine.
And to be clear, if i was in last place in the League but the wins were more evenly spread i would be excited for the League.

I honestly did not expect such a vigorous response for simply asking what ppl thought.

Fri May 29, 2020 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Paul i was asking what the other trainers thought of the new format and the results it has produced.
NO i am not asking for a full reset!

My impression was that it was to spread out the wins to more trainers.
The facts are that 2 trainers have won more that 1/3 of ALL races run (inc H/caps) in the League so far.
Can you tell me this is the result you were expecting when we dropped TTF's and visible stats.

Clearly all comments so far overwhelmingly thinks its a great thing and that's fine.
And to be clear, if i was in last place in the League but the wins were more evenly spread i would be excited for the League.

I honestly did not expect such a vigorous response for simply asking what ppl thought.

But several people who are new to the game and new to the league are doing well I'm amazed with how some
of the newbies are doing I think to bring back the TTF system would be a massive backward step
the mystery of the hidden bars is a good thing I just dont get what you want and I know you
are not saying what you are saying just to suit you I know you well enough by now that you want
the best for the league but just dont understand what you are suggesting.

You came in late in SO6 and I was blown away with how almost immediately you were mixing it
with the big boys. I have no doubt you can do that again.

Also I am really struggling to find anything better than I have this season I will be caught up for
sure.

Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next