View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.4 (Beta Testing)
I don't want to take your name off as last post, because people have been saying they want Longchamp developed for years, and I don't want folks to miss the news when they check-in.
But as you are asking, I would say the only thing to consider is whether the extra detail will affect people with slower machine.

PS. MJ is about to RELEASE A REALISTIC LONGCHAMP!

Mon May 18, 2020 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

The additions won't hurt framerate too terribly, at least not enough to give any real problems.

This would just ensure the track looks as it does on its biggest day. The added detail will mostly add fans to the infield area by the fishing post, as is on Arc Day. I would love to do all the cars on the infield too, but that would destroy framerate... And take me way too long to do!

---
After Longchamp, I should be good with course designing for a while, tho always open for suggestions on other courses to redo/replicate. I do plan to add Korea, Qatar, and South America one day, but that will come after I play the game first haha!

Mon May 18, 2020 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Any chance we could clean/delete up some of the races on the USA side to help with the lag?

Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Greymantle wrote:
Any chance we could clean/delete up some of the races on the USA side to help with the lag?

It isn't the amount of races. It takes same amount of time to load with no races in feature calendar. And UK/Ire and Aus schedules have twice as many races and 1/3rd the load time.

Not quite sure what is causing so much lag however.

Tue May 19, 2020 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Greymantle wrote:

It isn't the amount of races. It takes same amount of time to load with no races in feature calendar. And UK/Ire and Aus schedules have twice as many races and 1/3rd the load time.

Not quite sure what is causing so much lag however.

Not sure if this will help but here it goes. As the season advances toward the later months the lag seems to reduce. As I get into further seasons/years it also seems to reduce. I also notice less lag on the skip button when I have no horse racing. The lag I'm referring to is the skip button when you're trying to pass time.

Tue May 19, 2020 6:16 am
Selling plater

Sorry for posting "fake news" earlier.... It turns out I had courses in the wrong folder and they all do work.

I can confirm the only Aussie course that does not work for me as of now is Wyong which will crash with no error message.

Edit: Also Grafton.

Last edited by mmase on Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Handicapper

Hi mjtags. I think I have worked out why the jumps games have been crashing. The game engine is expecting to see a set of jumps trainers for each country, regardless of whether it has a flat.id file in its country folder. So if you create a set of jumps trainers for Canada, Spain, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Singapore, Switzerland and the USA and then make sure that you still have got more stables than trainers, the jumps-only schedules should then work.

Tue May 19, 2020 11:51 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
Hi mjtags. I think I have worked out why the jumps games have been crashing. The game engine is expecting to see a set of jumps trainers for each country, regardless of whether it has a flat.id file in its country folder. So if you create a set of jumps trainers for Canada, Spain, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Singapore, Switzerland and the USA and then make sure that you still have got more stables than trainers, the jumps-only schedules should then work.

Regretfully this still doesn't fix it.

Wed May 20, 2020 3:51 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I just wanted to say thanks for the mod. I started playing on version 4 and never once did I crash. Since I started playing version 5 I have crashed quite a bit. I put this up to beta but the last version 5.04 I have crashed the most by far. I have no insight or anything to bring to the table for it crashes at random times no pattern that I can detect.

Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Greymantle wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks for the mod. I started playing on version 4 and never once did I crash. Since I started playing version 5 I have crashed quite a bit. I put this up to beta but the last version 5.04 I have crashed the most by far. I have no insight or anything to bring to the table for it crashes at random times no pattern that I can detect.

Would you be able to provide what schedule country you are playing and possibly, if you know, what you were doing at the time of the crash (simulating days, going to watch a race, etc)

Wed May 20, 2020 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Greymantle wrote:

Would you be able to provide what schedule country you are playing and possibly, if you know, what you were doing at the time of the crash (simulating days, going to watch a race, etc)

Now that I thought about it the crashes seem to come when I'm hitting skip. I only play the USA schedule. I will keep a closer eye from now on.

Wed May 20, 2020 10:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Found the US Crash reason - the Arizona Downs course folder is empty. Thought I made this one already but it is missing from my files. Will get that done this week.

Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

After loading the new course, the game screen occasionally turns white with loud foopstep voices, but it did not crash, I can save and quit the game. Does it related to the installation of new courses?

Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 am
Selling plater

mjtags11 excellent work.
To complete Spain, could you edit the zarzuela racecourse ?.
It is really there where most of the most important races in Spain, guineas, oaks, derby, hispanic grand prix, etc ... are held.
It would be fantastic and again I could help you with any questions.
I do not use the racetrack editor, it is in English and I do not use the language well, I do not understand the use of the program and it is very complicated for me.
I have added a calendar of Spanish races to the one that comes by default in your mods, with all the days of Andalucia.

Even so, I get very few horses in Spain, about 120.
I wish I could have all the important races on the Spanish calendar, including the racetracks of San Sebastian, Sanlucar and Pineda ... an authentic past.
Thank you for your work always.

Fri May 22, 2020 11:00 pm
Selling plater

I finally realized I cannot load the mod, as it crashes after selecting the mod, but nothing with the default mode. Can someone who successfully run the mod share how you install the mod?

Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 102  Next