View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.4 (Beta Testing)
smithpoon wrote:
After loading the new course, the game screen occasionally turns white with loud foopstep voices, but it did not crash, I can save and quit the game. Does it related to the installation of new courses?

How are you installing it?
You should be downloading the courses file from the first page, and placing the unzipped folder it in your 3D folder (make sure to rename your old courses folder).
The Mod download should be placed in your Starters Orders 7 folder.

Sharppractice wrote:
mjtags11 excellent work.
To complete Spain, could you edit the zarzuela racecourse ?.
It is really there where most of the most important races in Spain, guineas, oaks, derby, hispanic grand prix, etc ... are held.
It would be fantastic and again I could help you with any questions.
I do not use the racetrack editor, it is in English and I do not use the language well, I do not understand the use of the program and it is very complicated for me.
I have added a calendar of Spanish races to the one that comes by default in your mods, with all the days of Andalucia.

Even so, I get very few horses in Spain, about 120.
I wish I could have all the important races on the Spanish calendar, including the racetracks of San Sebastian, Sanlucar and Pineda ... an authentic past.
Thank you for your work always.

I can see what I can do. Definitely would like to do the rest of Spain to fully flesh out that country.
For La Zarzuela, what type of course is it? Is it mostly flat? Does it have undulations/hills? Understanding that course will help make it easier to put together.
Thanks.

Last edited by mjtags11 on Sat May 23, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.4 (Beta Testing)
mjtags11 wrote:
smithpoon wrote:
After loading the new course, the game screen occasionally turns white with loud foopstep voices, but it did not crash, I can save and quit the game. Does it related to the installation of new courses?

How are you installing it?
You should be downloading the courses file from the first page, and placing the unzipped folder it in your 3D folder (make sure to rename your old courses folder).
The Mod download should be placed in your Starters Orders 7 folder.

Sharppractice wrote:
mjtags11 excellent work.
To complete Spain, could you edit the zarzuela racecourse ?.
It is really there where most of the most important races in Spain, guineas, oaks, derby, hispanic grand prix, etc ... are held.
It would be fantastic and again I could help you with any questions.
I do not use the racetrack editor, it is in English and I do not use the language well, I do not understand the use of the program and it is very complicated for me.
I have added a calendar of Spanish races to the one that comes by default in your mods, with all the days of Andalucia.

I can see what I can do. Definitely would like to do the rest of Spain to fully flesh out that country.
For La Zarzuela, what type of course is it? Is it mostly flat? Does it have undulations/hills? Understanding that course will help make it easier to put together.
Thanks.

Even so, I get very few horses in Spain, about 120.
I wish I could have all the important races on the Spanish calendar, including the racetracks of San Sebastian, Sanlucar and Pineda ... an authentic past.
Thank you for your work always.

I finally realized I cannot load the mod, as it crashes after selecting the mod, but nothing with the default mode. Can someone who successfully run the mod share how you install the mod?

Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.0 (New Release)
Start It 5.1.0 Now Out!

Download then new modpack on the home page. If you used 5.0 beta, this will make changes to help fix a lot of the bugs that were before. You do need to download the new course pack to fix many of those.
Changes in 5.1.0:
- Fixed Australian Course Crash Bug
- Fixed Jumps Game Only Crash Bug
- Added Two New Courses: Longchamp (FR), Arizona Downs (FR)
- Minor Fixes to US Game

This should help the game run very stable. Tested for the first season on all and so far no crashes and mostly balanced races.

Sat May 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

So what was the culprit with the jumps only bug?

Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Group 1 winner

The jumps game kept crashing due to too many horses in the race pool. Lowering that number fixed it.

Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

The layout of La zarzuela is practically the same as the Rillito Park track in the USA, except that it has 2 tracks, one with grass, the main one, and closer to the grandstand and the arena (interior).
Its rope is about 1400mts, (grass track), its distance being 1000mts from the bottom in a straight line, like 2400mts
His line ends on a small slope favorable to auctioneers.

Its grandstand has been remodeled a few years ago, you can find photos on google by writing the zarzuela racecourse (do not upload photos here).
On google comes your goal post shape.
In the curve of the entrance to the final stretch, it has buildings or floors as a landscape and trees in the opposite corner.
The complete calendar can be found on the official website
www.hipodromodelazarzuela.com
With any questions write me here or privately to my email
sharppractice_number1@hotmail.com
Thank you

Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 pm
Selling plater

Just tried to load a new UK jumps only game using 5.1 and it crashes just after about 3/4 of the way through the loading and form building

Sun May 24, 2020 12:13 am
Handicapper

First off, Longchamp is looking top notch. But where is the grandstand? I see its shadow and some crowd markers but no grandstand.

Just had a look at the French flat featureraces file and I see the Prix Du Cadran is on flatturf3, the straight course. You might want to move it to either flatturf1 (so the field uses the longer bend into the home straight) or flatturf2 (so the race starts at the chute at the top of the far turn). Making it flatturf2 might be more inconvenient because, for the race to fit in to the chute, you'll need to lengthen it by 110 yards so that a 2m4f race will fit in there... or you could just reduce the race distance to 19.5 furlongs.

And I echo aintreematty about the crash midway through loading a UK jumps game. And it does the same on the Irish jumps game as well.

Sun May 24, 2020 10:38 am
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
First off, Longchamp is looking top notch. But where is the grandstand? I see its shadow and some crowd markers but no grandstand.

Just had a look at the French flat featureraces file and I see the Prix Du Cadran is on flatturf3, the straight course. You might want to move it to either flatturf1 (so the field uses the longer bend into the home straight) or flatturf2 (so the race starts at the chute at the top of the far turn). Making it flatturf2 might be more inconvenient because, for the race to fit in to the chute, you'll need to lengthen it by 110 yards so that a 2m4f race will fit in there... or you could just reduce the race distance to 19.5 furlongs.

And I echo aintreematty about the crash midway through loading a UK jumps game. And it does the same on the Irish jumps game as well.

Please check that Longchamp 1 and Longchamp 2 appear in your 3D>entities>stands folder. These were included in the 5.1 Mod download. You need these in order to view the stands.

Cadran has been moved to flatTurf1. This was a typo. Due to game limitations, it is impossible to start the race on the chute, since we only have 3 turf courses. There is no 7f/20f chute for flatTurf1. For realism, the race will remain at 20f, but will start on the bend.

This seems to be a new crash, as I was able to load the game up fine prior to release. However, I did narrow the crash down to between November 13 and November 20. This is being looked into.

Sun May 24, 2020 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Thanks, didn't realise Longchamp had its own stands. Fair enough about the 7f/2m4f start. Sorry, there was one other thing I noticed about the course: the inside of the track dips sharply, just after the second winning post. Could you take a look at that?

Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
Thanks, didn't realise Longchamp had its own stands. Fair enough about the 7f/2m4f start. Sorry, there was one other thing I noticed about the course: the inside of the track dips sharply, just after the second winning post. Could you take a look at that?

I did notice that once the course was finished. I did try to fix it but my attempts only made it worse. In the end, I decided that since it only affects so few races, it wasn’t something worth worrying about. There is also a sharp dip on the minor course bend, however that’s due to getting realism for the Grand Course. When the course has a lot of elevation change over various tracks, it can yield some weird things in the editor.

Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.1 (New Release)
Start It 5.1.1 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu3ylxrqyua765u/Start_It_5.1.1.zip/file

- Fixes Prix du Cadran Course.
- Fixes Jumps Crash.

Make sure you download the above data and the Start It 5.1 Courses (from first post) to ensure all works. 5.0 is no longer current and may have some crashes.

Sun May 24, 2020 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I've over-written weeks of work to get a proper Longchamp.
I am usually quite good at getting the files in a row. I've never had a single crash, as others have reported.
Everything has changed about the game. But not Longchamp.
Have you ever watched the actual Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe? Europe's richest race. Have any of you?
It does not start by the grandstand and does not do a lap of the short course.
If anything, it's worse.

Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 pm
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Start It 5.1.1 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu3ylxrqyua765u/Start_It_5.1.1.zip/file

- Fixes Prix du Cadran Course.
- Fixes Jumps Crash.

Make sure you download the above data and the Start It 5.1 Courses (from first post) to ensure all works. 5.0 is no longer current and may have some crashes.

Thanks for the quick work MJ! Unfortunately i'm still getting a game crash around the same point of loading in a jumps game in the UK schedule.

Mon May 25, 2020 1:00 am
Group 1 winner

Sky Pink wrote:
I've over-written weeks of work to get a proper Longchamp.
I am usually quite good at getting the files in a row. I've never had a single crash, as others have reported.
Everything has changed about the game. But not Longchamp.
Have you ever watched the actual Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe? Europe's richest race. Have any of you?
It does not start by the grandstand and does not do a lap of the short course.
If anything, it's worse.

Have you tried the new Longchamp included in the Start It 5.1 courses? This fixes Longchamp. The game default one that Mark made was not scaled correctly, which results in races not started where they are supposed to. With the updated Longchamps, the Arc will start on the back chute, going around the Grand Course, and finishing at the first finish line, the way the race is run in real life.

Mon May 25, 2020 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 102  Next