View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Export Issue 
Group 1 winner

Post Export Issue
Not been a problem for me for ages now all of a sudden my export files vanish on a albut daily basis, as a league player this is ruining my game.

The pattern of behaviour seems to be

1 - Txt file apprears in my save folder 'EXPORT_ERR'

File has the following text Licence failed: myemailaddress.com, (null)

The hdb data base file empties.

This is making it impossible to play the game right now as I have to litterly back everything up after each export.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Export Issue
The only thing I can add to this is that it started happened since I have started some new games, I was previously playing two I now run four it seemed to coincide with exporting from the new games into my existing export pool. The game cover all four country regions, two jump two flat.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am
Site Admin

Did you load one of the old demo saves that came with the installer? They have now been removed but loading one of these can have a knock effect of creating licence problems.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Nope, straight to the game saves as usual, and brought directly so not via steam.

Any demo saves were deleted the day I got the game.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:02 pm
Handicapper

This is happening me aswell and its getting really annoying now! I deleted the HDB file and then the next minute it appeared again. Is it because im playing on steam?

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 pm
Site Admin

Please zip up the combination of the save files and the HDB file that cause this (in a single zip) and upload and email in. Thanks.

Here is a list of the save files. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17440

Then just add in your HDB. Not the empty one but the file as was before it got deleted (presuming you have it).

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 am
Handicapper

i do not have ns4.dat in my folder.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Handicapper

I am having the same thing, minus the exports db emptying as since I do not League, it was always empty.

I just did a full clear from the game, then hand deleted more things, and made a brand new game.

EXPORT_ERR.txt is back!

Game hasn't even finished building form ...

I'm not sure when the file first appeared. It was a while back, and no no default saves. I'm an original license with no steam convert. I do have SO6 on steam, but not sure is relevant.

It may be related to full cleans from game menu. I mentioned they don't really full clean, schedules and ttf files remain after.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:14 am
Site Admin

Update 1.036 contains some changes to the licence handling code for exports, games and transfers. Hopefully this should fix the problems people have been having with export errors. It's a difficult area to debug however due to how the licences are stored and accessed on individuals machines and issues in current saved caused by past bugs. I know quite a few people are having export issues so hopefully this will fix them. Please report any problems. Hopefully this update will stop the HDB files getting deleted even if there is a conflict within games.

Backup your HDB files before proceeding if you have exports you need to keep otherwise delete the export files (starting with 'HDB_') in the SAVES folder.

You may still get problems if the licence tags have become corrupt due to previous issues in the saves or hdb files. In this case don't post here but email in the offending save files and hdb file stating the contents of your EXPORT_ERR.TXT file also.

As before do not use anyone else’s save files. Do not swap exports. Do not swap files between Steam and web builds.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:59 am
Handicapper

Mark wrote:
[ ...
As before do not use anyone else’s save files. Do not swap exports. Do not swap files between Steam and web builds.

OK, going to go test this. For the record, I am a "no, never have" on the questions above as well.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:00 pm
Handicapper

1.038 seems to have fixed it for me!

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:47 pm
Handicapper

I have 1.038 installed and still have the export issues !!

Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 am
Group 1 winner

This seems to have largely improved for me, though the issue does still arrive when or if I start a new game save, particularly when doing this over and over to find an agreeable starting point, somewhere in this process my export files vanish.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]