View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Bends 
Selling plater

Post Bends
As im a trainer in Australia i know that bends in a greyhound racing are very important and believe that the greyhounds when racing should act to the bends ie. running wide, cutting others off etc. I know graphic wise making it appear to be a bend is hard but aslong as they react to the bend is all im asking

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:47 am
Selling plater

I posted a similar topic under race realism. Mark did respond to part of it but made no mention about my point about most of the wide seeds staying wide throughout.

I think it looks a bit weird when traps 5 and 6 run wide the whole way and don't corner at all. I also noticed that some races start half way around a corner which would never happen in a real race.

If these few problems could be fixed it could be a very good game.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:57 am
Selling plater

In Australia there are some races that do start on a bend although there are alot of bumps and falls. I would like to see dogs fall badly aswell not just loose a lil ground. But it is only version 1 im sure there be patches to come

Still alot of fun just waiting for the other half to get home with my Credit Card lol.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:03 am
Selling plater

I agree about the losing more ground i also mentioned that. Mark normally fixes any bugs and makes some improvements in his patches so i'm sure the game will end up being more realistic. The starters orders horse racing games are easily the best on the market so hopefully the greyhound game will be the same.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:43 am
Selling plater

have you brought the game yet nick? you like talking about it maybe you should buy it.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 am
have you brought the game yet nick? you like talking about it maybe you should buy it.

I hope I don't get Jumped on over here for what I am about to say, or get called Jeckl & Hide, but I do have to aggree with "Claffin & Nickdundee" on what they have said in thier Posts, as there are People reading these Posts before they spend thier Money Braintax, so I wouldn't think Jumping on Claffin & Nickdundee is Right, that is my View on the Matter.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:52 am
Site Admin

Here is how bends are currently working. Wide dogs will tend to head wide from the traps and stay there. Admittedly there should be some tightening on the bends (although I have seen plenty of dogs that stay wide). Other dogs should head for the rail. If they are ahead of the dog on the inside they may cut in (the further ahead the more likely).

The further away a dog is from the rail while taking a turn the more ground it loses. I didn't want to over do this but it could be wide runners are not penalised enough.

When the dust settles I'll have a look at making some adjustments if need be.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:24 am
Selling plater

Post wide runners
One thing to remember is in england they race with the lure on the outside rail & not on the inside rail as in australia & other parts of the world. From the races i have seen on tv & video from wimbleton & other tracks over there it would appear the dogs dont rail as strongly as they do here in australia as the lure they are chasing is on the outside fence. Overall i think this is a brilliant game & although we could all come up with ideas to try to improve the product i would like to congratulate Mark on a top effort with this game, we wouldnt be playing it at all if it wasnt for him and all the hardwork he has put in.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 am
Selling plater

I agree great game i already have several games running 1 is not up to season 10 miss's isn't happy about me spending the last couple days sitting on pc lol.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]