View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Trial Races of the Greyhound Pro League 
Handicapper

Post The Trial Races of the Greyhound Pro League
The Greyhound Pro League is just a suggested name. We can go with what everyone decides to go with.

I understand that we now have 6 trainers who are willing to participate in some multiplayer Trial Races. The hope is that they are successful enough to warrant an Exhibition Season and then an Inugural Season.

Kennels Submissions Deadline:
Okay, lets set next sunday 6PM PST as the deadline for exports of all ages and distances. Is that too soon for any of you? Tthe files can be emailed to jimcougar2006@yahoo.com. For any who do not know how, please read the posting on how to locate and export your files.

Week One Submissions Deadline:
This needs to be discussed. It could be the following Saturday. Then as the Trial Race Secretary, I could run the races Sunday the next day. I could then create a Race Card of some kind and have it posted hopefully no later than that Tuesday. Then to spice things up a bit a Punters Hall could spring up and a little wagering could take place.

Length of the Trial Races Season:
I suggest that the Trial Races last for 4 weekends. This should give every Trainer the opportunity to see his/her best compete hopefully at least twice if not more. Post below your thoughts on that.

The number of races per week:
What do you say to 10 races per weekend?

Below is a list of suggested races;

1-275m
1-275m Pups
1-375m
1-450m
1-450m Pups
1-475m
1-525m
1-625m
1-650m
1-750m

The Race Construction Kit:
I have not had a chance to check out the Race Construction Kit yet so I don't know what all features that similar and dissimilar the the SO 2 RC Kit or even the League-Only RC kit. I will find that out when I do my kennel trial races this week.

Volunteers...
...LOL are ALWAYS welcomed! The Starters Orders Pro League which is near the end of its 6th season started just this way. If there are areas of racing that you would like to create or participate in where it comes to this racing sim, you will be most welcomed.

Positions that could spice things up:
These multiplayer competitions can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. The more complex, the more volunteering of time would be required.

Below are some positions that would be available for volunteers if the players desire them;

1. Writers
2. Race Stewards
3. Punters Hall I/C
4. Tipsters
5. Race Card Coordinator
6. Formcard Coordinator
7. Weekly Banner creator

Location of the Trial Races:
I would like to host them in the Orlworld's forums (http://p083.ezboard.com/bgallopracerseries) where leagues for Mark's Starters Orders 2 and other horse racing games in our community are being held. There is a Starters Orders section that has Mark's original forums, as well as the SOPL's various forums. I can create the various forums that would be needed to run a multiplayer competition. Any who wished to volunteer would be made Moderators so that they would have access to various forum tools. All discussions about the game itself will of course, remain here. Our forums would be designed for multiplayer competitions and discussions thereof.

The Trial Races Weekly Results:
The SOPL holds their results on Fridays. I think that would be a good time for the Trial Races as well. You could view the Formcard, download the replays, then prepare your next week's entries and submit the following day which would be Saturday. Then I would again, run the new races on Sunday and prepare the Race Card for the beginning of the coming week.

For five years now, I have enjoyed creating these multiplayer competition leagues and letting the players take them over and run with them on their own. I wold love to see the same thing happen with this game and its players.

Any suggestions to any of the above or anything that you have spotted that I left out, please post them below.

JimCougar
http://www.ORLWorld.com

Last edited by JimCougar on Mon May 28, 2007 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 27, 2007 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post cant find my exports?
have tried to find my export dog files without sucess ? been all over the instructions/read me files its all double dutch to me....lol....ive never been in a league as you can guess...lol....guess i wont be the only thicky....lol

ps.....then again maybe.....lol

Mon May 28, 2007 12:09 am
Handicapper

Post Re: cant find my exports?
harea51 wrote:
have tried to find my export dog files without sucess ? been all over the instructions/read me files its all double dutch to me....lol....ive never been in a league as you can guess...lol....guess i wont be the only thicky....lol

ps.....then again maybe.....lol

LOL No worries. did you read this thread? http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=196

JimCougar

Mon May 28, 2007 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I would like to participate but I never have before. Do I just send my exported files to your email address, or do I need to register somewhere else first?

Mon May 28, 2007 10:17 am
Selling plater

But regarding the race card, wait and see what dogs people send to you, just my two cent.
I will most likely send 2-3 dogs at 475m and some at 275m plus some pups, dont know if thats okay.
My point is that at first(when this is small), we start out making some distances the importent ones, and then add the others with time.

Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 am
Handicapper

jim i have sarters orders2 and find the exports easily?...is this because it as a construction kit?......as gm as no consruction kit yet?.......ps....might have to wait for construction kit?..... :cry:

or if anybody can make it easier to find the exports....lol.

Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm
Handicapper

Unlike the Starter Orders series where your save files go in the /exports directory tree of your game files, the GM ones seem to go to document & settings/your username/my documents/gm/exports. Had a real fun time tracking down the location of save files.

Wed May 30, 2007 3:37 am
Handicapper

I would like to participate but I never have before. Do I just send my exported files to your email address, or do I need to register somewhere else first?

Hi there. Please send them to Jimcougar2006@yahoo.com

JimCougar

Wed May 30, 2007 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

a one line text under the dogs name like they do in the bookies... :wink:

ie...ran well last race race better dogs here asto be respected...... :wink:

or if you think a post is similar to this ? would be interested.. :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 5:49 pm
Handicapper

i would like to do the pre race form ?

a one line text under the dogs name like they do in the bookies... :wink:

ie...ran well last race race better dogs here asto be respected...... :wink:

or if you think a post is similar to this ? would be interested.. :lol:

That sounds good to me! Did you get my email yet? That should make it easier for you to do what you want with the Trials.

JimCougar

Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]