View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Flat Handicapping 
Group 1 winner

Post Flat Handicapping
Who's doing the flat handicapping this season?

I'm basically out of any handicapped races for the season ahead.

Feel a few are a little higher than there performance run this week.

Never mind. I know what a difficult job it is week in week out.

Keep up the good work.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:53 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Flat Handicapping
I am the flat handicapper Craig 8) your horses must of ran well not to be abled to ran in Handicaps :lol: don't worry i drop them just has quick :wink:

Gray

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

All good Gray thanks mate.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:25 am
Group 3 winner

I'm Sorry but i'm calling u out, what a total DB thing to say. So u want all the cake to uself, greedy bleep. So if we had a new h'cpper u would have called him out after the first week, that is piss pot poor in my book. No wonder the league is the way it is. U only backed down because Gray was doing it. I wonder why no one wants to do the h'caps when they get crap like this.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:43 am
Group 1 winner

With you there John. That toxic atmosphere I mention in my write up, largely comes from one source. But I am sure it is just banter ;)

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:57 am
Group 1 winner

Not even going to bite to this.

All I said is I think one or two of my horses was a little high. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But you always get the usual suspects making a fuss over nothing.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Calm Guys please I had no problem to what Craig Posting asking who is doing it and i am sure even if it was a New Guy Craig would of replied the same way now enjoy the league move on nothing needs to be said any further.

P.S I also did the jumps Handicap this week anyone wanting to take over let me know :D Flat That is or Jumps Alex is Flexible But couldn't do it this week

Gray

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Calm Guys please I had no problem to what Craig Posting asking who is doing it and i am sure even if it was a New Guy Craig would of replied the same way now enjoy the league move on nothing needs to be said any further.

P.S I also did the jumps Handicap this week anyone wanting to take over let me know :D Flat That is or Jumps Alex is Flexible But couldn't do it this week

Gray

Thats Bull crap Gray , if someone had come forward( I wonder why no one wants to do it) and started it then they would have had this after week 1. If everyone is not happy with the h'cper either do it themselves or shut u cake hole. The league doesn't need whinge bags or people just looking after themselves.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 pm
Group 2 winner

No matter who's doing the handicapping, new or old. They have to be able to take criticism surely? No one will get it right all the time, we have to be able to ask questions about it, the questions answered, then move on

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Group 3 winner

kniesh wrote:
No matter who's doing the handicapping, new or old. They have to be able to take criticism surely? No one will get it right all the time, we have to be able to ask questions about it, the questions answered, then move on

Going to disagree with u, this is Not a H'cap trainer talking about H'cap races this is a Top trainer trying to get his horses into h'cp races so he can farm them. I've got 1 horse running on the flat this week because there's no races for them to run in but do u see me throw my toys out of the pram. If u don't want the best/highest rated horses then run less a horse.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:35 pm
Group 1 winner

with the handicapping on the flat or jumps I look at the mark each horse has and
work from there if they are too high for handicaps I obviously target other races with
them I'd never question the handicapper its such a thankless task and you virtually
make yourself a target. I just accept what ratings I get and work from there the
handicappers job is hard enough as it is let alone how long it takes to collate them.

Lets not forget this season almost did not happen as we had no handicappers coming forward.

Another point is that the handicaps are to give other trainers an opportunity to win some races
and if you are a top 5 or 6 trainer (The Elite) as they were once known they are not really races
designed for you there are tons of conditions listed & group races you can target alot with
double entries.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Totally agree. People just need to accept them and move on. You can still get decent results at top weight, but these races are not for the top tier really, we have plenty of G1’s that are out of the reach of most. Even the big handicap group races should be more winnable for the who are not in the top of the pile. I get to experience both sides since my flat team are so much weaker than my NH team. Those group handicaps are my best shot at any sort of group race, if the top tier start hoovering them up too I’d rather just pull the team.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

Maybe conditions races is the way we go ?

A prime example, we have a pulled up horse from a top top player, horse pulled up in its maiden last week and then jumps in a 0-90 off a mark of 75 this week ????? does it win, I dont know...... and you wonder why we moan (lower league players) about the TOP guys.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Maybe conditions races is the way we go ?

A prime example, we have a pulled up horse from a top top player, horse pulled up in its maiden last week and then jumps in a 0-90 off a mark of 75 this week ????? does it win, I dont know...... and you wonder why we moan (lower league players) about the TOP guys.

I thought any horse that fell or gets pulled up gets 110

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I thought any horse that fell or gets pulled up gets 110

Think thats on the NH Paul, I doubt anything in place for the Flat as it is a rare occurrence, so as some girl in a Disney movie sings..... "Let it go" "Let it go" :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next