View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Flat Handicapping 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Flat Handicapping
I had one of those on the flat, retired injured week one and yes took a 75 rating into a handicap. Still could not win, I know as I ran it. If that’s the horse your referring too, I assure you on the flat my team are dreadful. It’s a different game to the NH. I’ll be scratching around for winners in the handicaps all season.

Some games just don’t produce anything that trials. it’s another combined game advantage, you only need to get lucky once. Ironic really we make the changes to balance it out and achieve the exact reverse, since if your game is a dud, there is nothing at all you can do but start again.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:55 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I had one of those on the flat, retired injured week one and yes took a 75 rating into a handicap. Still could not win, I know as I ran it. If that’s the horse your referring too, I assure you on the flat my team are dreadful. It’s a different game to the NH. I’ll be scratching around for winners in the handicaps all season.

Some games just don’t produce anything that trials. it’s another combined game advantage, you only need to get lucky once. Ironic really we make the changes to balance it out and achieve the exact reverse, since if your game is a dud, there is nothing at all you can do but start again.

Funny, but it wasn't you for a change :lol:

Like I said tho, we just have to let it go....... always gonna be issue with handicapping etc. We dont do bad for a bunch of volunteers :D :D

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 am
Group 2 winner

The 110 for a fall was scrapped because it was unfair to horses that had ran badly but fell whilst out the back.

Handicapping this game is a thankless task and it is virtually impossible to keep everyone happy so we should just be grateful that Gray and Alex are doing it.

As I have said many times before it relies on the integrity of the trainer sticking to his grade, which to be fair most do, and early in the season if they get that low mark they are just as entitled to exploit it as everyone else. I certainly can't complain as i often plunder the hunter chases with highly weighted horses.

We could bring in a million rules but it would get too complicated and who would police them.

From the races I have seen this season things could be quite competitive and interesting so i don't think last seasons problems will arise.

Early season handicap blips are a fact of life even in real racing so we just have to accept it , and anyway race placement is all part of the fun.

Without giving anything away I can tell you I have been on the receiving end of 2 howlers this week where handicap good things have beaten me into second but that is just the way it goes sometimes.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Craig, you know what it takes and you seem to have the time (hmm bit presumptious). Go on volunteer for the handicapping seeing as you know how. I really want to quote John with the cake hole but I`m refraining.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 am
Group 1 winner

Having done it myself and been on the end of a hysterical hissy fit, I know what it's like. I will never do the handicapping again!
I would rather watch the league die than do it again!

It has to be the most laborious task any volunteer could be assigned - Mark should build a statue of Gray for all the handicapping he has done.
Even if it is a virtual statue that stands next to the winning post of every track in the game.

I see nothing wrong in politely asking about a rating as mistakes are made and also the system isn't fool proof with the odd random bug or glitch.
If any trainer carries on like a hot chip at a seagull convention about their horse's rating then they should be prepared to put their money where their mouth is and take over the handicapping job. If they're not prepared to do that, then they will just have to like it or lump it!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Having done it myself and been on the end of a hysterical hissy fit, I know what it's like. I will never do the handicapping again!

It has to be the most laborious task any volunteer could be assigned - Mark should build a statue of Gray for all the handicapping he has done.
Even if it is a virtual statue that stands next to the winning post of every track in the game.

I see nothing wrong in politely asking about a rating as mistakes are made and also the system isn't fool proof with the odd random bug or glitch.
If any trainer carries on like a hot chip at a seagull convention about their horse's rating then they should be prepared to put their money where their mouth is and take over the handicapping job. If they're not prepared to do that, then they will just have to like it or lump it!

No need for a statue Doug just a check will do lol.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

No need for a statue Doug just a check will do lol.

I like the idea of a statue :-)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2