View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 Season 3 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 Season 3
Week 5 Day 1

2 winners on Flat

Memphis - won again at prob her best distance 1m7f in a 0-100 handicap, Handicapper may have caught up with her now though, and rightly so after the last 2 runs, Hope she steps up at group level
Moon Landing - in Diomed Stakes G3, track and ground suited, Not sure he likes Ascot so The Sussex Stakes will be his best chance next

3 winners in NH

Profits Passion - in Hyde Novices' Hurdle 2m5 surprising win more expected Light Of My Eyes to win at this distance
Rooting For You -Enjoying the 2m6 novice chase races
Popular View - stepped up well in 2m3 Amlin 1965 Chase G2, Melling Chase main aim but still a lot to prove

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 pm
Group 3 winner

Brilliant week another 4 more winners for me week 5 taking total to 9

Flat

So I Told You -in 0-100 Handicap over 2m1f again Will have to go in group races now and also hoping she can get further
also had a good second with Tomtom in Temple Stakes, Well done Darren you nice horse there

Jumps

Light of Joy in Monksfield Novices Hurdle G2 over 2m4H
Class Display - Decided to go the Ascot Hurdle route last min instead of the Hattons Grace glad it paid off
Morley Street - in Morgiana Hurdle G1 my fav win of the week 2m G1
also had a good second with Cuecard in Hennessy Gold Cup thought i was going to win but Vinnys Horse fought back to just get up ,Well done Vinny

Thanks to everyone running the league

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Week 6 Royal Ascot

What a start to Ascot for me i have never had two winners at Royal Ascot for the week although take 2 on day 1

Vogue - Won the Jersey although a handicap these can be hareder to win with field sizes than your Bog standard Group races lol. Martin i have never read or looked at that Mag in mt life although i did name the horse adter Madonna's song Vogue.

Grand Opening Winning the group 2 Norfolk Great result good 5f sprinter that i know is below the best around but i will take That.

Good to see the races spread around us middle and low end trainers on Day 1.

Gray

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

A good week for my team with a group 1 win on the flat and over jumps :D Got to admit it was Fantastic to win with Dendera, if she had full potential she would be up there with my best stayer Coigach. It was also nice to see Mio comeback and run well.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Well done to all the winners this week at ascot and to all the team that put in so much work and time to keep the show on the road. Martyn what a race between our horses in the Lincoln national.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I bagged a couple winners on the flat and one on the jumps. I actually got the best of a Satyam runner this week. Whatever Satyam is doing it's working - he's sweeping up in the handicaps. Kudos.

Also kudos to the commentators this season - you guys have upped your game. I like it. You're calling out trainers names with their runners and the thanks to the other commentators when you hand off the races to the next caller gives it a nice feel.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 am
Handicapper

Good Ascot week for me with 4 winners very happy with that :)

Well done all winners and placers and thanks to everyone behind the scenes making the league happen

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:13 pm
Group 3 winner

One winner for me at Royal Ascot but a good one with Nightowl winning The Diamond Jubilee

Five winners on NH the best win Light of My Eyes in Winter Novice Hurdle G2

Well Done all winners and placers and thanks to everyone running the league

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 pm
Group 2 winner

Week 6 totally highlights the inconsistencies and frustrations in this game for me.

Having my worst season ever with only 2 wins on the flat through the first 5 weeks I then land a treble on day 2 of Royal Ascot and add in a fourth win at one of the other meetings on day 3. Add to that a few good seconds and a decent showing in a couple of G1s and the SO7 landscape doesnt look as bleak from Leedham Towers.

The NH hadn't been that much better with just 7 wins in the first 5 weeks yet week 6 saw me add 4 more winners there too.

So an 8 win week must be pretty close to my best week ever and on a combined 17 I am now only 1 behind my season minimal target of 3 wins a week or a win a day.

And yes John our horses did have a battle royal in the Lincolnshire National. A dead heat probably the fairest result and I guess they may well meet again in the Welsh National if conditions are right.

Finally thanks to those who have given positive feedback on the comms. I will admit it was a bit of a kick in the teeth when someone suggested they would rather have the automated bloke. Especially as I quite often end up doing them in the wee small hours as thats the only time I get free some days. I am also pretty certain my neighbours must thing I am some sort of weirdo when I forget to close the window if I do them in the daytime.

I think it is fair to say that if Stu hadn't come back to share the NH and Leon hadn't stepped in to help on the flat I would probably have called it a day. As Gray will confirm it really was touch and go whether I continued this season and we had many late night discussions about whether it was time to stop altogether. The halcyon days of daily review/preview shows seem but a distant memory these days and I am sure for many the league has become a shadow of what it once was.

We really do need to try and do something to get that community feel back we had in SO6 or I fear this is just going to fizzle out.

Hopefully the results of week 6 and a weeks break will reignite my enthusiasm for the second part of the season and as ever I am always open for suggestions to enhance the presentation.

Do people watch all the races or just cherry pick their own horses ?

Did people like the mini intro at the start of the day we did a few seasons ago or did they just skip through it ?

Do people enjoy the TV programme style of presenting with handovers between commentators ?

Would people like an ITV7 like showcase of a mixture of the days races put out a little earlier than the rest in a TV show format ?

Do people get a buzz hearing their horses talked about and their names mentioned or is it just a computer game that doesnt mean a lot ?

There are a lot of things that can be done to add to the whole league experience but it is only worth doing them if people actually want them so put forward suggestions and ideas.

I believe we should be using the second part of the season to promote and advertise so we get can get more new people on board for next season.

As I said at the start of the post there are lots of inconsistencies and frustrations with version 7 but one of the things we can turn into a positive is that is does seemed to have levelled things out a little bit and whilst the familiar names are still towards the top of the leader board the results at Royal Ascot show that they are not dominating in the way they used to which should help encourage newbies.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Love the comms this season, it really adds to the races. ITV 7 would be a good idea if possible. Because people don't enter their horses until Friday mostly then doing previews is hard because the race will have been run before the preview is up. I don't mind doing a ante post for the festival if people want it.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:42 pm
Group 1 winner

The comms are as always brilliant. I watch all the races that I have horses in, and some of the bigger races where I do not where there are no comms I tend to just skip to the last 8f for NH and 3f for flat. I find very little to get excited about in watching races without comms, more than anything else they bring the league alive. An itv7 style show would be a great addition if there is time and commitment to do it, and the hand over is also a nice touch.

Perfectly happy to do interviews and the like if it add to this content.

End of the day like all things in the league more people need to roll up their sleeves and get involved. The time commitment for those volunteering is not getting any better.

Cannot do anything about the game, that’s on mark, though it certainly does not help. I came to accept there is an enormous amount of luck in it all seasons ago, far as I can tell nothing much has changed.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:56 am
Handicapper

I love them suggestions Martin, even though im not part of this season, it seems to me that you are really trying to get back to the good times and people were more alive on the forum. When i first joined i was very excited about having a horse in the league but ever since then it seems very dull.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Well today sums up my jump team , 2 winners and 3 fallers out of 5 runners. My new horses all had mares this week. Never found out why my jumpers cant jump :lol: I wonder what trainer will get picked on next season 8)

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Gray do u know the H'caps have not changed from last week.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Gray do u know the H'caps have not changed from last week.

NH yes John will be done today sorry for any problems entering horses.

Gray

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next